Jaden Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that's for certain, we getting back to having football players with track speed, at the skill position spots, so you need that in the secondary as well. We starting to line em up, Bethel, damarius good, couch, they can all fly now. We know bandy can fly, seems like redwine can pick em up and put em down now, ivey and frierson can move too, so i luv the way we are recruiting in he secondary. Im just ****ed off that rayshawn jenkins, deon bush, corn elder, artie burns, denzell peryyman and crew didnt get 3 yrs to play under coach richt and company. Just think, olivier vernon, fortson, jacory harris, duke johnson, alot of real players that would've thrived under this regime!

Advertisement
Davis and Bandy are 2 completely different CB's I hate that comparison. Maybe in terms of coverage, but in physicality its not even close. Bandy was short but much thicker. And played much more physical than Davis has to this point. And from a recruiting aspect, Bandy was Pro-Cane the entire time, even when committed to OU. Said in multiple reports that if Miami had offered he would probably be a cane, and when it did he followed through on that. Davis has never publicly announced that, and from reports, was given a chance to commit and did not take it. Couch did.

And for those that don't like what Diaz is looking for at DB. Look at the top of our depth chart at CB. That guy came in as a project and this staff has turned him into a possible first rounder. I'll leave the evaluation part to this staff. That's the most important part of recruiting. You're not recruiting somebody for what they did in high school, you are recruiting someone who you can develop into something. Its the same thing with pro contracts. Pro teams dont pay for what you have done, they pay for what you are going to do. Diaz and this defensive staff are looking for what you are going to be.

Kid should be a cane, the whole size at corner with this staff is retarded, Instead they go after the project kids like bethel and good because they have size smh

Taking Good as a project over him is a valid point, don't think you can throw Bethel in there. Bethel knew he was Plan B and waited out the process when we were going after Campbell/Surtain.

Advertisement
Somebody said that Davis reminded him of Bandy. If its height then yes. That's just not the case everywhere else

Oh ok...I fully agree that they don't play anything alike. Shoot ...Bandy has serious technique at DB also.

For real Davis should be a Cane they should have showed him love reminds me of Bandy why would u turn that down!

We got lucky bandy was a die harder and wanted to be a cane, he may be the best corner on the team
and from what I was told...I don't know how true it is now and it could have changed bc I was told during the Asante Samuel fiasco that we wanted to take a "small" corner every other year.

small corners for this staff is a kid thats 6 ft

Oh ok...I fully agree that they don't play anything alike. Shoot ...Bandy has serious technique at DB also.

if i had to pick between the two im picking bandy over davis, bandy aint afraid to hit and yes has crazy technique for a corner, but still davis can play and started over blades one of those prototype diaz corners

Advertisement
Taking Good as a project over him is a valid point, don't think you can throw Bethel in there. Bethel knew he was Plan B and waited out the process when we were going after Campbell/Surtain.

we still were recruiting the kid hard after he went to one of our camps

if i had to pick between the two im picking bandy over davis, bandy aint afraid to hit and yes has crazy technique for a corner, but still davis can play and started over blades one of those prototype diaz corners
What you just said "Bandy ain't afraid to hit" is the reason why Davis is/was not heavily recruited. If you can't/ won't be a tackler, Diaz will not recruit you all out. We are seeing it with Dean right now. He has the technique and speed to cover receivers. But the biggest problem is he isn't physical enough. So he gets passed up by others. I'm not saying it's 100% right bcuz this year I think our best nickel package is him and Jackson on the outside with Bandy at Slot, but its their strategy and they stick to it.

Someone compared those 2 on this thread?

If so...I'm sure they're only comparing them by their stature.

It was me just comparing there size an the fact coaches didnt want them at first because of there size i think same thing could hapen with Davis they dont get who they want or tired of waiting an Davis wanting to stay home. Hope that happens! I know Davis hasnt been pro cane like Bandy but i think he is teying to play ot off cauae they havent showed him love but i bet in December or so if they show him love he aint goin to OU he stayin home! These are the kids we need to be Canes got to jump on these kids hes obviously got heart starting over Blades Jr!

What you just said "Bandy ain't afraid to hit" is the reason why Davis is/was not heavily recruited. If you can't/ won't be a tackler, Diaz will not recruit you all out.

Makes sense why people think he's going to Big 12 where tackling on defense is not required..lol

Advertisement
It was me just comparing there size an the fact coaches didnt want them at first because of there size i think same thing could hapen with Davis they dont get who they want or tired of waiting an Davis wanting to stay home. Hope that happens! I know Davis hasnt been pro cane like Bandy but i think he is teying to play ot off cauae they havent showed him love but i bet in December or so if they show him love he aint goin to OU he stayin home! These are the kids we need to be Canes got to jump on these kids hes obviously got heart starting over Blades Jr!

I'm with you bro....I think Jaden is a baller. As a sophomore he showed truly elite cover skills to me...he comes from a football family and all.

but I like our approach of not putting up with guys we consider to be lacking who aren't pro UM and want to be shown the love.

These kids get way too caught up in whose showing them the most love...imho of course.

Doesn't matter. Good luck to the kid. Ship has sailed. Staff had a chose between Davis and Couch and chose Couch. Maybe they felt while Davis was the more seasoned CB now his ceiling was very low and that Couch had far superior potential in the long term.

The narrative on the board was Couch took his spot so whats the point of this thread

Advertisement
Yearby also started over Cook... I'd take Blades over Davis all day.

The issue I have here is this only helps Oklahoma get McIntosh and a potential pipeline at STA. You heard @Stefan Adams say buzz was all OK at the opening. Give this man Knowles scholly already.

Davis and Bandy are 2 completely different CB's I hate that comparison. Maybe in terms of coverage, but in physicality its not even close. Bandy was short but much thicker. And played much more physical than Davis has to this point. And from a recruiting aspect, Bandy was Pro-Cane the entire time, even when committed to OU. Said in multiple reports that if Miami had offered he would probably be a cane, and when it did he followed through on that. Davis has never publicly announced that, and from reports, was given a chance to commit and did not take it. Couch did.

And for those that don't like what Diaz is looking for at DB. Look at the top of our depth chart at CB. That guy came in as a project and this staff has turned him into a possible first rounder. I'll leave the evaluation part to this staff. That's the most important part of recruiting. You're not recruiting somebody for what they did in high school, you are recruiting someone who you can develop into something. Its the same thing with pro contracts. Pro teams dont pay for what you have done, they pay for what you are going to do. Diaz and this defensive staff are looking for what you are going to be.

Who's the guy that was a project?. I hope not Michael Jackson...as he NEVER was a project recruit..he was a plus size db from the gate that i was excited for and that stole reps in the rotation as a freshman and was a + special teamer. He was listed as that ON THIS BOARD...because most are clueless, and dont value players outside of s.fla recruits.

Agreed ont he Bandy -Davis comparison. Bandy way more physical and sudden. Davis likely has better long speed and plays better on the outsidein coverage. Davis is more so like a shorter Kelly Jennings as a db

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back