Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Right, from one year ago and what they've done since. TVD nothing (well he did look horrible the few minutes he got in against NC, but then the whole team was bad) and Garcia lit it up. Garcia reminds me of Marino and TVD reminds me of Evan Sherrifs.
A Jake Garcia stan AND a troll? You are very talented.

Advertisement
Details as to why please
-Size
-Running ability/Athleticism
-Winning Pedigree/Leadership
-Play against Top Competition
-Power house program we get in back to back classes (Valdosta)
-Stolen from an FSU stronghold
-Different from current qbs on roster
- He may have pull with recruits on the offensive side
*He ran all over a MNW defense with alot of our players on it.

-Size
Bingo. Leadership, man. It’s the main thing.

-Size
Is that all you got? :roll-canes2:

Advertisement
Right, from one year ago and what they've done since. TVD nothing (well he did look horrible the few minutes he got in against NC, but then the whole team was bad) and Garcia lit it up. Garcia reminds me of Marino and TVD reminds me of Evan Sherrifs.
Today threw 2 passes in that UNC game and one of the passes was a drop that hit the receiver in the hands. Pretty small sample size for tvd where all we have to go on for Garcia is high school clips. As far as comparing Garcia to Marino..........yikes brother is all I'll say on that one

Today threw 2 passes in that UNC game and one of the passes was a drop that hit the receiver in the hands. Pretty small sample size for tvd where all we have to go on for Garcia is high school clips. As far as comparing Garcia to Marino..........yikes brother is all I'll say on that one
Moderator Stevo did a great video/write up on Garcia. Unfortunately, he didn't include any video from CalI. If he did everyone would see why he was the 2nd highest rated QB and #14 overall a year and a half ago.

By the way, I think both passes he threw were way off target in the NC game.

Go Canes!

Moderator Stevo did a great video/write up on Garcia. Unfortunately, he didn't include any video from CalI. If he did everyone would see why he was the 2nd highest rated QB and #14 overall a year and a half ago.

Go Canes!
Jake Garcia was trash in Cali he looked way better in Georgia

Advertisement
Yea I was following you. I’m more worried that Likens wouldn’t maximize his full potential, like I believe Lashlee could.

Likens did a **** good with Jayden Daniels as a True Freshman at ASU, but I think Diaz shouldn’t automatically promote from within. For example if Jeff Lebby is still at Ole Miss, we should pursue him.

Go Canes!
Interesting you bring up Steve cuz he's quite high on TVD but I've watched Garcias film and I'm glad to have him, solid accuracy, poise, and toughness within the pocket. But he has areas of improvement that don't make him a slam dunk over TVD by any means. It'll be a **** of a competition this year.

Advertisement
The question with him is can u get a coach to make him accurate enough for college csz if u can get him to just average completion percentage u have a defensive nightmare

After watching a few games, it’s not really his pure passing ability that concerns me. He has a strong arm, a clean release and should get more accurate with improved footwork.

Where he really struggled was reading defenses and making confident decisions in the passing game. The OC will be huge for him.

After watching a few games, it’s not really his pure passing ability that concerns me. He has a strong arm, a clean release and should get more accurate with improved footwork.

Where he really struggled was reading defenses and making confident decisions in the passing game. The OC will be huge for him.
My big thing with him is ball placement a lot of his throws he just threw at the guy which led to wrong shoulder side catches which at the next level turn into interceptions and incompletions due to the game being faster

Advertisement
Despite his high athletic upside, he’s definitely a project.

The accuracy & ability to diagnose coverages is something you’ll have to wonder about with him until he’s probably a Red Soph. But he’s definitely not a plug & play QB IMO, which begs the question, what happens if/when Lashlee leaves?

I’m not against the take, his natural talent is very obvious, but I for sure don’t see an instant impact player & as far as development is concerned accuracy is something idk if you can ever really shoot way up from, meaning if you’re 50% passer in HS I highly doubt you can transform into a 60+% passer in college against much harder comp. Not saying it’s never happened because I know for a fact it can & has, I’m just saying it doesn’t all that often.

With the said, I can see why the staff would take him giving his ranking & the look of it for Miami as a program, but in my most honest opinion I have real concern about if he’ll ever be accurate enough to be an efficient QB for us.

Hopefully he’ll be surrounded by so much talent on both sides of the ball that he won’t have to do much in order for us to win, the thing about college is you can manufacture offense with the right playmakers & a kid with his athleticism can be very useful in the right system, but if you need him to bring your team back down by 14+ points you might be in trouble.

Despite his high athletic upside, he’s definitely a project.

The accuracy & ability to diagnose coverages is something you’ll have to wonder about with him until he’s probably a Red Soph. But he’s definitely not a plug & play QB IMO, which begs the question, what happens if/when Lashlee leaves?

I’m not against the take, his natural talent is very obvious, but I for sure don’t see an instant impact player & as far as development is concerned accuracy is something idk if you can ever really shoot way up from, meaning if you’re 50% passer in HS I highly doubt you can transform into a 60+% passer in college against much harder comp. Not saying it’s never happened because I know for a fact it can & has, I’m just saying it doesn’t all that often.

With the said, I can see why the staff would take him giving his ranking & the look of it for Miami as a program, but in my most honest opinion I have real concern about if he’ll ever be accurate enough to be an efficient QB for us.

Hopefully he’ll be surrounded by so much talent on both sides of the ball that he won’t have to do much in order for us to win, the thing about college is you can manufacture offense with the right playmakers & a kid with his athleticism can be very useful in the right system, but if you need him to bring your team back down by 14+ points you might be in trouble.

Agree with this. It’s an upside take. If you like the kid and believe in the intangibles, it’s worth the offer because of the potential. High ceiling and low floor.

I love his potential if you take him as an athlete, and see the upside at QB if he develops well, but don't like his mechanics or motion. He clearly has an arm but he doesn't use his body well, imo. Not just footwork (though that's part of it). He throws with his arm and flings it, doesn't look to me like he steps into his throws well. It's all fixable but I do think there's a lot to fix in his mechanics, not just his understanding of reading defenses.

Agree with this. It’s an upside take. If you like the kid and believe in the intangibles, it’s worth the offer because of the potential. High ceiling and low floor.
In your opinion, who is a high ceiling, high floor QB target in ‘22 class?

Advertisement
Back