Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

I scanned the QB rankings for Fl, GA, NC, and VA.. like there are zero prospects in VA, NC, FL.. Once the chips fall for Bama, Clemson (Bama is done and Clemson is dipping into TX).. A lot of programs will be scrambling in the south to get one of the three remaining GA QBs.

Advertisement
I scanned the QB rankings for Fl, GA, NC, and VA.. like there are zero prospects in VA, NC, FL.. Once the chips fall for Bama, Clemson (Bama is done and Clemson is dipping into TX).. A lot of programs will be scrambling in the south to get one of the three remaining GA QBs.

Yep. The dominos is begging to fall QB wise.

Advertisement
Y'all sold on this kid?
Not fully as a QB. More sold on the athlete portion of his game than him becoming a legitimate viable QB. Im cool with the take either way as these kinds of kids are like lotto tickets and some day you're bound to get lucky with one. After taking TVD and Garcia in the last two classes, this is the perfect time to take a chance on a kid like this.

We have brought in 2 pocket passers in TVD and Garcia, I'm ok taking a kid with this type of athleticism and seeing if he can correct his mechanics. Could possibly switch positions down the road if he can't fix his accuracy issues.

Advertisement
In 2005, as a junior, Newton grew three inches and gained 15 pounds, sprouting to 6'3" and 205 pounds.[5] He ran for 638 yards with 9 touchdowns and threw for 2,500 yards, completing 118 out of 189 pass attempts for 23 touchdowns with 9 interceptions.[5] As a senior at Westlake, he threw for 1,400 yards and ran for another 1,000 yards. Newton was considered one of the nation's top quarterback prospects but most teams that recruited Newton out of high school wanted him as a tight end.

I love his potential if you take him as an athlete, and see the upside at QB if he develops well, but don't like his mechanics or motion. He clearly has an arm but he doesn't use his body well, imo. Not just footwork (though that's part of it). He throws with his arm and flings it, doesn't look to me like he steps into his throws well. It's all fixable but I do think there's a lot to fix in his mechanics, not just his understanding of reading defenses.
Wonder if this kid has worked with a QB coach. Coming from a small town, maybe parents of very modest means, does he have access to the kind of tutoring so many of the young QBs from other areas have? Maybe he'll develop late with good coaching.

Here’s his game against Valdosta. Has two nice TD tosses on first couple drives. Has a rollout with some serious touch.
Has two long rushing TD’s later that show that Vince Young like glide.

Thomas Davis (#2 for Lowndes) had at least one sack that I saw. Didn't watch him that much but he is very fast.

Advertisement
I would take this kid because we've taken two pocket passers in a row and at least one of them will turn out to be very good. It's not like the cupboard is bear. I think we can risk a project with great physical talent and upside.

Advertisement
Honestly, I haven’t watched enough of the other QBs. A bunch of the top guys are already off the board. Braedyn Locke may not have the high ceiling but looks like a guy who will throw for a million yards in college.
Yeah i like him. Throws a nice ball and gets it out of his hand quickly. Reminds me of one of the recent UCF QB's. M Milton or Dylan Gabriel both size-wise as well as seeing the field well and making quick throwing decisions

Last edited:
Yep. The dominos is begging to fall QB wise.
Sam Horn to Mizzu... Lower tier but Swan to Maryland making QB options look like sht this year. Wonder if big programs roll the dice and wait for the fall to see who emerges. If Im Miami, UF, UNC, etc I grab Brown or Morris now and see what happens later.

As long as he’s not playing for Enos I don’t see his completion percentage being an issue. If he commits I have him as our QB #1 after King leaves.

Advertisement
Back