Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
If I had a nickel for every time a Um fan assumed ‘we back’ because at least 1 out of 2 hyped recruits was a can’t miss proposition, I’d be all boats and hoes at this point.
It's not just Miami. As I'm in Austin I decided to look at UT quarterbacks a few months ago over the last 20 years to see what their hit/miss ratio was. And it was very heavy towards the miss category outside of Vince Young, Colt McCoy, and Sam Ellingher despite the high number of highly touted quarterbacks. Numerically, they signed more quarterbacks than Miami as well, which makes it even worse.

Sam Horn to Mizzu... Lower tier but Swan to Maryland making QB options look like sht this year. Wonder if big programs roll the dice and wait for the fall to see who emerges. If Im Miami, UF, UNC, etc I grab Brown or Morris now and see what happens later.

With UF now that Brian Johnson is gone and McGee has been elevated to that spot, we seem to be leaning towards grabbing a midwest QB this cycle. Still talking to Evers and now just recently offered Tayven Jackson out of Indiana

It's not just Miami. As I'm in Austin I decided to look at UT quarterbacks a few months ago over the last 20 years to see what their hit/miss ratio was. And it was very heavy towards the miss category outside of Vince Young, Colt McCoy, and Sam Ellingher despite the high number of highly touted quarterbacks. Numerically, they signed more quarterbacks than Miami as well, which makes it even worse.

talent around the QB and system matters more in college. Mac jones was a meh 3 star that put up better numbers than even Tua and had an elite season. Kyle Trask similarly. this is obviously my opinion on it

Advertisement

2020 NFL Draft had 13 drafted quarterbacks. There are three possible recruiting classes grade classes each qb could have come from. The draft is one measurement of college success, but people underestimate how hard it is for any school, not just Miami, to sign a Brad Kaaya type. Out of the top 20 quarterbacks this year, only 3-6 of them will be drafted. Then there will be 1-3 less heralded kids that pop up with interesting stories in a few years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
That northwestern defense was probably the best in the state that year. Tons of athletes. This is what he did to them as a sophomore. I have tons of questions about him as a passer but this is impressive.
Not sure what to be impressed about.
He threw to wide open receivers and ran through big holes.

I'm more impressed with the play caller.

Rivals spoke with his coach at Lowndes - Jamie DuBose

“When you look at him you think he’s already a college player,” DuBose said. “He’s developed very well, is a 6-4, 205, 210 guy right now. He has a tremendously strong arm. And he runs a lot of read option for us, that’s what he’s done over his career, has moved into the RPO game, is developing more as a quarterback each and every day.”

"He was in an offensive system before I got here, his freshman and sophomore year he was asked to run the ball, wasn’t asked to throw a lot,” DuBose said. “That was their mentality. Now we’ve developed into more the passing game, understanding coverages. I’d say it wasn’t his ability not to throw, it was what the offense was asking him to do. He has the ability of throwing. But where his upside is would be in the throwing game.”

Advertisement
Honestly, I haven’t watched enough of the other QBs. A bunch of the top guys are already off the board. Braedyn Locke may not have the high ceiling but looks like a guy who will throw for a million yards in college.
I personally want Locke as QB1... i love his game.. he probably will go to Miss St, Arkansas or UNC and be really good...

What is his timeline? Would love for him to be the alpha for this class and start recruiting others. Get the ball rolling!

Advertisement
Back