Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
Not the QB I want for this class but I’ll support him if he does commit. Hoping this year he develops as a passer.

no clue if this kid commits, stays committed or is any good....however Lashlee was on the Auburn staff that had Cam Newton. Just a thought. Cam isn’t the best passer either. This kid will be 6’4 or 6’5 and 220lbs running Laslees offense. Would be fun to watch. Cam used to drag college defenders for 10 yards a carry.

no clue if this kid commits, stays committed or is any good....however Lashlee was on the Auburn staff that had Cam Newton. Just a thought. Cam isn’t the best passer either. This kid will be 6’4 or 6’5 and 220lbs running Laslees offense. Would be fun to watch. Cam used to drag college defenders for 10 yards a carry.
I’d be surprised if he ever sees a Lashlee offense , regardless if he comes or not.

Advertisement
Hopefully the system can stay similar if Likens gets promoted. I’ve only bought into this kid playing in a scheme similar to Auburn’s when Newton was there
I should’ve been clearer , the offense will be the same. But I doubt he ever plays here under Lashlee, he might get one year with him tops , that’s on the roster , doubtful he plays to ear two or three. He’s very raw.

I should’ve been clearer , the offense will be the same. But I doubt he ever plays here under Lashlee, he might get one year with him tops , that’s on the roster , doubtful he plays to ear two or three. He’s very raw.
Yea I was following you. I’m more worried that Likens wouldn’t maximize his full potential, like I believe Lashlee could.

I'm on the braedyn locke train no doubt but if Lashlee really wants this kid I'll just assume he believes he can improve his mechanics & accuracy enough over a couple years to have a viable chance to start here one day

This is basically where I am at.

Why are you writing off Van Dyke? Everything I've read says he was playing really well on scout team and kept improving every week, plus King was supposedly tutoring him 1:1 the whole season.

Here are his high school highlights. His OL was terrible, so he was constantly moving in the pocket or scrambling. If pocket integrity is a challenge for us, he already knows how to handle it.

[turn sound off, music will give you a headache]

Expect TVD to be #1 in Spring while King is out, so Garcia is going to have to beat him out.

TVD is way over rated. Garcia will have no problem beating him and may give King a run.

Advertisement
TVD is way over rated. Garcia will have no problem beating him and may give King a run.

1614378126310.gif

Advertisement
do we think other skill guys will want to play with Jacurri?

marcus peterson and quan lee. Likens is the primary recruiter on both of them. Both offered on Nov 22, both were featured in a big 3 recruiting edit with Jaccuri, both say their contact with Miami is consistent. Have a theory (based on little evidence) that Miami decided sometime in October/November Brown was QB #1, then pursued his two best 7on7 WRs to get a leg up

Last edited:
Advertisement
And this claim is based on what exactly? Hudl film from both tvd & Garcia in high school ?
Right, from one year ago and what they've done since. TVD nothing (well he did look horrible the few minutes he got in against NC, but then the whole team was bad) and Garcia lit it up. Garcia reminds me of Marino and TVD reminds me of Evan Sherrifs.

Better comparison would be Nick Marshall. Lashlee has plenty of experience with running QBs.

Advertisement
Back