J.J. helping Manny out.

Advertisement
JJ is one of the greatest football minds ever, regardless of era.

The game hasn't changed that much to where he couldn't offer sage advice & wisdom to Manny.
Question is or should be is Manny going listen,take the advice and actually use it.or is he going to be like couple coaches in the past have a hard head and sink with the ship

I'm sure much of what Jimmy told Manny isn't going to be disclosed to the general public. Hopefully Manny takes the advice.

He’s tried with Golden and now with Manny. If Jimmy is going to help, he needs to be honest. Brutally honest. If he’s not going to tell Manny that he looks unprepared and his coaches suck then that on the surface advice is pointless
How do you know he hasn't?

You think he'd come out in the media & say, "yeah I talked Manny & told him he was garbage!"

Anybody who knows JJ & his coaching style will tell you he doesn't sugar coat shìt, he tells the truth, it's not on him if a shìt corch doesn't listen or understand.

JJ is a Miami Legend, of course he's going to offer whoever coaches here help because he loves this school & wants to see us win, it's not his fault our administration keeps hiring idiots who couldn't cooach an 8th grade flag football team to success.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Logos, slogans and tradition don't win jack crap. You need hard working young men that take coaching well, and coaches that know what they are doing. Our old teams could use slogans because they worked their butts off to be the best. Manny has them dancing while losing to FIU.

As for Manny making moves. Well, when someone else is paying for an OC like Lashlee, it's not that hard of a decision to make. When your starting QB is a brain dead idiot, it's also a no brainer to bring in a transfer. My question is this. Will Manny actually learn from his mistakes, or just shuffle seats on the Titanic? There's a LOT Manny needs to improve, and we will know by October if he can figure that out.
What happens when you hire a first time hc with no experience.like playing a bunch of freshmen at times they will look lost until they get that experience that a game gives.Manny might get some things figured out by October but it will take him longer to really get it down.

What happens when you hire a first time hc with no experience.like playing a bunch of freshmen at times they will look lost until they get that experience that a game gives.Manny might get some things figured out by October but it will take him longer to really get it down.
My concern is that he thinks he is smarter than he is. That's a hard trait to change.

Logos, slogans and tradition don't win jack crap. You need hard working young men that take coaching well, and coaches that know what they are doing. Our old teams could use slogans because they worked their butts off to be the best. Manny has them dancing while losing to FIU.

As for Manny making moves. Well, when someone else is paying for an OC like Lashlee, it's not that hard of a decision to make. When your starting QB is a brain dead idiot, it's also a no brainer to bring in a transfer. My question is this. Will Manny actually learn from his mistakes, or just shuffle seats on the Titanic? There's a LOT Manny needs to improve, and we will know by October if he can figure that out.
Too much to type. Dont be so Jaded, we will improve dramatically this year.

How do you know he hasn't?

You think he'd come out in the media & say, "yeah I talked Manny & told him he was garbage!"

Anybody who knows JJ & his coaching style will tell you he doesn't sugar coat shìt, he tells the truth, it's not on him if a shìt corch doesn't listen or understand.

JJ is a Miami Legend, of course he's going to offer whoever coaches here help because he loves this school & wants to see us win, it's not his fault our administration keeps hiring idiots who couldn't an 8th grade flag football team to success.

I don’t know what he said. All I can go on what is quoted. I’m responding to what he has been quoted saying. You say he doesn’t sugarcoat but then he goes out says he still believes in Manny. After what we all saw? Sounds like sugarcoating, nice guy stuff to me. As respected as he is, he is one person who should speak their mind about the program given all he’s done for it.

Advertisement
You look at the top dozen schools in college football, their talent is so much better than the rest of them. There is a world of difference.... It’s the quality of the coaching, it’s the quality of the recruiting.

JJ sounds like he posts on CIS under a familiar username.

Wasn't there a thread while back about saban going to butch on how to build a team.for you guys who think the game has passed jj by.where do you think butch got that idea from.and using that idea how many ncs has saban won.best thing Manny can do is ride jjs coat tail and learn all he can from him.even belichich himself comes to the keys to get advice from jj a lot of other nfl clubs do too.

Advertisement
I’m going to pass on Jimmy helping out. I know all the greatnesses of the past but game is diff now and he’s been Mr. Nice Guy
Completely disagree. What’s different? Evals, recruiting, schemes, motivation, teaching, development. JJ won in college, amd in the nfl. He evaluated in college, and in the nfl. He beat HOF coaches in both places.

this whole mindset that it’s so different today strikes me as a defense mechanism. I say BS. What’s different is we have had worse coaches, and worse recruiting.

Advertisement
No issues here. All positive, assuming Diaz took JJ’s advice. As others posters stated, it likely wasn’t schemes, but advice on being a head coach. The same lessons JJ had to learn at his first job.

Advertisement
Back