J.J. helping Manny out.

JJ is one of the greatest football minds ever, regardless of era.

The game hasn't changed that much to where he couldn't offer sage advice & wisdom to Manny.

He’s tried with Golden and now with Manny. If Jimmy is going to help, he needs to be honest. Brutally honest. If he’s not going to tell Manny that he looks unprepared and his coaches suck then that on the surface advice is pointless

Advertisement
Advertisement
What he needs to take from Jimmy may not be something you can teach. Jimmy was a motivator first and foremost. He coached as if the ship was on fire. Kind of hard to bring that kind of intensity fishing in the keys and flying back and forth to LA doing commentary. He had a fire with those teams you can't teach.

**** thats what its all about. What do u guys think "Its all about the U" and "Its a Canes thing" means. It means its about that logo and tradition first and ur feelings 2nd. Confidence aka "swag" should always be welcomed at the U but the other side of that coin is be humble enough to take advice when its for the betterment of the program.

Ive said this before, after the Duke loss I wanted Manny fired and maybe hes still garbage after this season but give the dude some credit. He hasnt given up and he appears to have fixed some of our holes. Also if he is open to the advice of people like JJ it tells me alot about the man.

I certainly hope part of the message was that the theatrics on the sideline needed halted immediately. We became an ungodly clown show last year. Focus on your job and play football. Not dancing, wearing jewelry, and writing stupid messages on dry erase boards.

Advertisement
Yea I think JJ was being politcally correct. Bet his personal.conversation was alot different than what we are reading. We have good enough players that 6-7 and losses to FIU, Ga Tech and a bad Duke team are due to very poor coaching, if it was players Manny would not have not fired e everyone, he knows he had coaching issues.

JMO

**** thats what its all about. What do u guys think "Its all about the U" and "Its a Canes thing" means. It means its about that logo and tradition first and ur feelings 2nd. Confidence aka "swag" should always be welcomed at the U but the other side of that coin is be humble enough to take advice when its for the betterment of the program.

Ive said this before, after the Duke loss I wanted Manny fired and maybe hes still garbage after this season but give the dude some credit. He hasnt given up and he appears to have fixed some of our holes. Also if he is open to the advice of people like JJ it tells me alot about the man.
Logos, slogans and tradition don't win jack crap. You need hard working young men that take coaching well, and coaches that know what they are doing. Our old teams could use slogans because they worked their butts off to be the best. Manny has them dancing while losing to FIU.

As for Manny making moves. Well, when someone else is paying for an OC like Lashlee, it's not that hard of a decision to make. When your starting QB is a brain dead idiot, it's also a no brainer to bring in a transfer. My question is this. Will Manny actually learn from his mistakes, or just shuffle seats on the Titanic? There's a LOT Manny needs to improve, and we will know by October if he can figure that out.

Advertisement
Great to see Jimmy offering advice and Manny seeming to take it gracefully. He's an undisputed coaching legend in college and the NFL, it would be crazy not to want this guy as close to the program and team as possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back