J.J. helping Manny out.

Advertisement
I don’t know what he said. All I can go on what is quoted. I’m responding to what he has been quoted saying. You say he doesn’t sugarcoat but then he goes out says he still believes in Manny. After what we all saw? Sounds like sugarcoating, nice guy stuff to me. As respected as he is, he is one person who should speak their mind about the program given all he’s done for it.
What JJ says in a public interview is different than what he may say in private to Manny Diaz. He stated he wasn’t sure how Manny would respond so I’ll assume the advice was critical.

JJ is a legend in his profession. Not a message board keyboard warrior hurling insults.

I don’t know what he said. All I can go on what is quoted. I’m responding to what he has been quoted saying. You say he doesn’t sugarcoat but then he goes out says he still believes in Manny. After what we all saw? Sounds like sugarcoating, nice guy stuff to me. As respected as he is, he is one person who should speak their mind about the program given all he’s done for it.
Why would he blast a current HC of the team in the media?

That's subversive & dumb.

What JJ says in a public interview is different than what he may say in private to Manny Diaz. He stated he wasn’t sure how Manny would respond so I’ll assume the advice was critical.

JJ is a legend in his profession. Not a message board keyboard warrior hurling insults.

I said nothing about hurling insults. People call for public pressure, who better than Jimmy than him to be honest about the limitations Manny has and how he may not be the man to get the job done

Advertisement
People's criticism of JJ's comments are extremely misdirected.

If you think he's going to come out & blast a sitting HC at his school publicly in the media then you simply have no idea how JJ feels about this school & program.

Whatever critiques he would have would be in person directly to the man, going in the media & trashing a coach is bush league & counterproductive for an icon like Jimmy.

If JJ was watching games & said he noticed some things that needed to be changed, then it's pretty clear he gave constructive criticism & the fact he said he wasn't sure how Manny would take means that it wasn't all just nice guy talk.

He doesn’t have to call him trash. He can acknowledge that Manny has limitations that may prevent him from being successful instead of the company lines
Why would he say that publicly?

"The current HC has limitations & is probably going to get fired, but you know, I'm willing to help"

Lol like seriously dude... I know you're smarter than that.

Why would he say that publicly?

"The current HC has limitations & is probably going to get fired, but you know, I'm willing to help"

Lol like seriously dude... I know you're smarter than that.

“The current HC lacks HC’ing and may not recognize some of the things that may be holding him and the program back from achieving more success.”

He doesn’t have to mention anything about him being fired. He can be more direct with being and *******. To be clear, that’s not what I’m asking him to be. Just don’t sell me the BS sandwich about Manny being able to get it done.

Alas, tho we’ve spent too much time on this. I enjoy these dialogues my guy!

Advertisement
My concern is that he thinks he is smarter than he is. That's a hard trait to change.

If he thinks he’s that smart after last year‘s fiasco, that he’s got to be the most clueless rube on earth. That disaster of a season falls 100% on his shoulders.

I mean if the FIU loss didn’t gut punch him so that he was in a fetal position all night, then he’s beyond help.

JJ has endorsed dang near every coach that’s come through. He’s just a guy loving life w love for The Canes.

Advertisement
How do you know he hasn't?

You think he'd come out in the media & say, "yeah I talked Manny & told him he was garbage!"

Anybody who knows JJ & his coaching style will tell you he doesn't sugar coat shìt, he tells the truth, it's not on him if a shìt corch doesn't listen or understand.

JJ is a Miami Legend, of course he's going to offer whoever coaches here help because he loves this school & wants to see us win, it's not his fault our administration keeps hiring idiots who couldn't cooach an 8th grade flag football team to success.
One thing JJ and good coaches do is trust themselves and don’t coach scared or uncertain.

manny was so unsure of himself he wouldn’t create consequences for kids who quit. That tells you a lot.

note, confidence doesn’t mean success - you have to be good, not just strong-willed. But if you coach scared and let others run all over you, you will fail.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love JJ but supported every coach we had so far. What did this give us?
Diaz is dead to me until he proves he can win the games he should win.

It's all political. PERIOD. By communicating with JIMMY JOHNSON, it's a smoke screen. It's a delay for his failure.
Totally, Manny learnt from his politician dad. Politicians are nothing more than grovelling losers. What do the people want to hear? OK, I shall say that. It's pathetic.

Jimmy is a old cat so I’m sure he’s seen his fair share of guys pull themselves together after being behind the 8 ball. He’s gotta have hope in these guys because at the end of the day that’s all you can really do for them. Only manny is capable of fixing the mess at manny’s feet. Just like golden, Shannon, Richt etc.

We’ll see what happens.

We have talented 4 and 5 star guys yet its due to poor coaching as to why they seem to regress each year
Who are the 5 star guys we have..other than Phillips who didn’t play..and gator bait..we need to stack chips and build depth ..complacency breeds mediocrity..that very true with our players sad but of our two and some starter can’t even be benched without having absolutely tremendous amount of drop off..whoever the coach is needs to build depth and comp throughout the roster

Advertisement
Back