Ivins Update (Dare I Ask?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got hammered watching hockey the other night and forgot I made this and posted in the other thread before it got nuked.

20200802_201619.jpg

Advertisement
So is the prevailing thought that Marshall was going to commit to Miami, Ivins let the cat out of the bag, and then Bama jumped in and dropped the bags?

Let’s say that is true. A commit is non binding. Bama could have done the same thing after he announced for Miami. So what’s the big deal here? Still doesn’t mean he is going to Bama and same for Miami.

Advertisement
This is crazy
I vote we ban ivins topics or info until all this calms down. Could be awhile but I really dont think we should give him any press or views for what he did. Maybe later on down the road we can open it back up but for right now It kinda bothers me that people are posting links to his site just cause they dont like him. It's still gives him what he wants. Views.
This is something I never understood this cycle. Guys like Cribby & LCE( and a few others) basically provided all the info that's been needed this cycle and yet 247 topics take up at the very least 25% of the recruiting threads here. It's almost like posters want a 247 tears section because all most posters do is talk shiitt about the info they already knew about from Ivins' columns.

So is the prevailing thought that Marshall was going to commit to Miami, Ivins let the cat out of the bag, and then Bama jumped in and dropped the bags?

Let’s say that is true. A commit is non binding. Bama could have done the same thing after he announced for Miami. So what’s the big deal here? Still doesn’t mean he is going to Bama and same for Miami.
Exactly and for any upper echelon recruit that sec wants that could be an issue until NSD.

Advertisement
Exactly. Y’all think if he popped Saturday Bama would have stopped pursuing him hahaha.

maybe this actually works out where he $ees bAma best offer and still picks the Canes.

if would have been a battle to the end either way. Stay woke on this recruiting stuff people
Bama wouldn’t have stopped pursuing him but according to their insiders and posters. He’s behind Mkinstry in terms of first option . If we had locked this kid as we were supposed to. JW and LT would be in his ear. Saban would probably push harder for Mkinstry and a little heat would probably be taken off of Marshall.

Advertisement
don’t know who this guy is but it’s something
65A50D21-75E1-48E7-9486-381BAB68890A.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said other day “ when it leaked everyone saw It, everyone !!”.

Ivins wants to go national like his hero ****dong, so he fed him the info then he leaked the “ kill shot Cb on purpose “.

Now people are starting to figure things out.

I’m just glad there’s some posters over there with pride blistering their asses over this.

"his hero ****dong"

Fck yeah ****dong leaked it on purpose. He wasn't about to let little nicky be embarrassed in any way. Its exactly like that Mel Kiper **** from a while back.

Remember the agent who accused Kiper of working with agents to steer prospects in their direction? IIRC when the agent wanted to sign a player, he would with call Kiper and tell him he's with the best at the players position without giving his name. Kiper would conveniently know who it was and start talking about what makes him elite and how could go in the first round ... as long as he has the right agent.
He also claimed Kiper would boost players in his rankings if they signed.

Swap ****dong for kiper and Saban for the agent. Its the same story.

EX: Saban calls up witfong on speaker and tells him he's with the best CB in the class. Witfong immediately identifies the player as Jason Marshall. He says Marshall could be a first round pick one day... as long as he signs with the RIGHT school. A school with a history of signing and developing top players. If he does, he'll be a future 1st round pick, and he'd keep his 5th star. Otherwise.. no guarantees he'll keep his 5th star or go in 1st round, even with his talent.

Kids want that 5th star too. Schools like Alabama, ohio taint or UGA getting all the top players is good for witfongs business. Huge, curious fan bases mean huge subscriber numbers. And as long as he plays along with the coaches who'll use him, he'll keep getting inside information for his business.

Would you rationalize in the same way if the Washington Post found out 1 hour before the Bin Laden raid there was an operation ongoing and they leaked it ahead of time on-line “Operation on the way to capture/kill Bin Laden” and it tipped off Bin Laden and he got away?

I know this is sports vs real life but Ivins is a “reporter” and it applied where he should just let it happen and not have him and his buddies out out a CB at the same time alerting the enemy (in this Case Baga & the Gayturds).
:q3xkxex:

Advertisement
Ok, Ok! LOL - This might be a better example - He and Gabby went to Brinson’s party. He didn’t blow up the spot then (maybe he already knew maybe not) but why didn’t he post before?

On Marshall He posted because he had no info and he had the Canes out and he would look like a fool. That’s why!
Valid point.. play the game or good luck to you.
True... but we don't know what fully went on behind the scenes. Either way I don't see why this is such a big deal, if you are committed to miami your committed to miami regardless. It's not like bama/other schools were gone stop recruiting him because he committed to us if they really want him.
Again, you and the other troglodytes conflate the two issues. One is the impact on Miami and whether Bama would continue recruiting him. I don’t care about that and of course they would.

The second is whether two grown *** men who haven’t accomplished a lick in their lives took the moment away from a kid who has worked his *** off to be one of the best people in the country at what he does. That I care about and I don’t need to know more details. That is shady, ******, and morally reprehensible. My moral code is these are kids and let them have their moment. End of story. Post 45 less times in the coming decade.

This is crazy
This is something I never understood this cycle. Guys like Cribby & LCE( and a few others) basically provided all the info that's been needed this cycle and yet 247 topics take up at the very least 25% of the recruiting threads here. It's almost like posters want a 247 tears section because all most posters do is talk shiitt about the info they already knew about from Ivins' columns.
Lmao. No. I want less 247 content and more @Cribby @Liberty City El @SouthParkCane @tdub85 @nycane. We keep giving views to a site that everyone can kinda agree has been behind in info for awhile but dont wanna listen to the smaller guys on our own site who are batting above .500 right now. And even when the main guy at 247 trys to derail the hype train chugging into the school he works for. We still link his articles and post info he gives. I just dont get it. There is no way he is complaining about the hate as long as the views keep coming in.

Last edited:
Bama wouldn’t have stopped pursuing him but according to their insiders and posters. He’s behind Mkinstry in terms of first option . If we had locked this kid as we were supposed to. JW and LT would be in his ear. Saban would probably push harder for Mkinstry and a little heat would probably be taken off of Marshall.

nah man none of that changes cause he gives miami a verbal publicly. You just started following recruiting. Diaz has a battle to the end for this kid either way. He is a 5 star Cb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back