Ivins Update (Dare I Ask?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote we ban ivins topics or info until all this calms down. Could be awhile but I really dont think we should give him any press or views for what he did. Maybe later on down the road we can open it back up but for right now It kinda bothers me that people are posting links to his site just cause they dont like him. It's still gives him what he wants. Views.

Advertisement
Eh. Kinda on the fence, I'm not the ethics police but if they got wind of it from Bama's coaches and decided to put it out, it might be a little shady but I don't think it's nearly as egregious as betraying a source directly.
A little shady? Gtfo of here. They aren’t saban’s ministry of propaganda and Ivins sure as **** isn’t.

Here’s the thing. I get it is a business and I get in a way it is a symbiotic relationship between these sites and the players (which will only increase with NLI). However, Marshall has not been a kid doing tons of interviews or releasing top 20 lists every week. Ivins and company are filling a demand in the market but that doesn’t give them an absolute immunity from being called out when they act like douchebags.

"Many people want to know how Steve Wiltfong and I managed to coordinate our crystal ball flips for the exact same time. Here's what happened. I was wearing my Rudy Ruettiger onesie, and Steve was sporting his crimson houndstooth footie pajamas. We had just finished braiding each other's hair (and, yes, we both shave our heads), then we laid down head-to-feet with our laptops between us. We then did a cute little ASMR countown until we both pressed the "enter" key that posted our crystal ball predictions. We then fell into each other's arms and had the most vigorous and dangerous *** that either of us had ever experienced. With prodigious amounts of lubricant and our double-jointed and flexible bodies, we were able to achieve simultaneous penetration, and I knew that I had to share this moment with my loyal subscribers."

Bunch of slack jawed weirdos
2wlJLUr.gif

Advertisement
When I see stupid **** I sometimes just can’t accept it for what it is. I must try to change it lol. Hence why I haven’t been remarried in 20 years.
A wise man learns from his mistakes. A genius learns from the mistakes of others.

I am going to do my absolute best to break this down to the crowd who are still lost and couldn't read what Cribby just post above but still dont get it.

Let's start with Mr. Andrew Ivins, for the last 2-3 years ago 247 has considered him an up and coming writer with a lot of potential, and if you don't know he wrote for FAU and Notre Dame before covering UM. Ivins since his time at UM has had his eyes set on a National gig and he took the UM gig because he saw it as a stepping stone not because he wanted to cover a program with great history but mainly because he saw it as his meal ticket to get to where he wants to be which is the national level, and if you do doubt this, have a conversation with the guy on a personal level and this will be very apparent (spoke with him last year at a Battle 7 on 7 event.) So lets go back to the final Richt year Ivins was pumping out VIP content all the inside on what was going on with Miami in recruiting and everything that was going on within the program, this was getting him the attention he craved, people were subscribing at a unfound rate for a Miami Hurricanes site. ( If you do not know the 247 canes site isnt in the top 30 in terms of subscribers) So fast forward to the Manny Era, Manny doesn't wan't stuff leaking out like it was during the Richt era so he tightens up his ship Ivins known go to guy is gone ( and yes everyone knew who was pumping him the info) So now Ivins has to work alot harder to gain the inside scoops to create the articles for the VIP content for his subscribers, Manny's staff is now only pumping out what it wants Ivins to know and keeps him in the dark for alot of other things. If it hasn't become clear the excuses Ivins is using that "He is being more cautious then before, becuase he wants his CB's to mean something, or He doesn't wanna report something unless he knows it to be 100% true, or will answer VIP questions with some answer that basically dances around the question isn't because he is trying to become a reporter with more moral values, it's becuase he DOESN'T have the same information that he once use to have. Now go back to the Palmetto situation Cribby alone was reporting stuff on LT i think 2-3 months before anyone at 247 got a whiff at this. People were constantly bombarding Ivins with is it true questions, "Someone on TOS says Miami leads for Taylor is it true" "TOS is saying Miami is in it for Marshall" and so on, So getting sick of hearing the same questions Ivins goes digging, and comes back with, Miami is still behind UF and Bama for Marshall, and I'm not ready to change my CB for Taylor YET but hey I will lower my confidence" as if it matters. Ivins and his douchebag self is getting anxious, annoyed, how can some free site "Insider" be months and months ahead of him. So as much as Aug 1st was teased and constantly bombarded the day is here. Ivins the day before had 0 info on it and still thought Bama was out infront then in the 11th hour out of no where gets a whiff that marshall is set to announce for Miami, immediatley he takes the info to his boss, mentor, and person who he desires to be the most the almighty WitDong (more on his scumbag self later) so to make up for all his misses and all his errors Ivins thinks well if I can CB this in the 11th hour and get away with it I'll look like the national hero the guy who had the scoop before anyone else and to princess Ivins nothing is more important then his reputation and how fast he can get to become a national writer. Side note if you guys don't realize that Gaby is essentially a understudy to Ivins right now, You guys aren't looking at things with both eyes open.

Now for the All Might Witdong, the man with the Killshot CB. Now August 1st AM Witdont gets a call from Ivins (I'm assuming) Hey Marshall is going to announce for Miami, I am going to run this you can go ahead and drop a CB. Now before going into Witdong a little more, lets look at 247 as a business. Which confrence do you think leads the subscription count (by a country mile).... its the SEC, and who is in the top 5 of that..... Alabama and UiF both have some of the largest subscription basis. SO lets back track for the last 3 months to UF and Bama subscribers they have been pumped info that a 5 star CB is a two team battle, UF and Bama this guy is going to go to one of the SEC "good guys". So now the question I pose to you is what do you think the reaction would be of PAYING subscribers when that 5 star CB out of the blue commits to the "Distant 3rd team in the race Miami?"

The simple answer to this is Out rage, and as much as we may enjoy the gator tears or the Bama ones, to 247 this is nothing but ****, subscribers will threaten to cancel memberships, the outlash on writers will be substantial. So now put yourself in Witfong's shoes, Does he do as told and keep the information private, or does he satisfy the business end of it and let the subscribers know what is going on and say hey we were wrong and this guy is gonna announce soon but here is my CB and yeah sorry.

Now if you still dont get it i dont know what else to say. 247 will always want the 5 stars to the SEC subscribers because that is what gets them clicks and that is what gets them paid. Steve witdong dropped a CB as a courtesy to the Alabama's and UF's and said hey guys get on the phone with this kid right now or else hes going to announce to the inferior Miami program I dont give two ***** if the team trusted me to not say anything this is what i'm paid for. If anyone would like to discuss further my DM's are open and ready to discuss.

and yes I still think Marshall will announce to the good guys, but it doesn't change the fact that 247 is a scumbag industry.

Doesn’t that depend on... if it compromises your morals?
Therein, as they say, lies the rub.

It’s not as if “journalism” has, all of the sudden, become this scourge. It’s schitty journalism, parroted by mouth breathers, that is really messing things up.

Advertisement
"Many people want to know how Steve Wiltfong and I managed to coordinate our crystal ball flips for the exact same time. Here's what happened. I was wearing my Rudy Ruettiger onesie, and Steve was sporting his crimson houndstooth footie pajamas. We had just finished braiding each other's hair (and, yes, we both shave our heads), then we laid down head-to-feet with our laptops between us. We then did a cute little ASMR countown until we both pressed the "enter" key that posted our crystal ball predictions. We then fell into each other's arms and had the most vigorous and dangerous *** that either of us had ever experienced. With prodigious amounts of lubricant and our double-jointed and flexible bodies, we were able to achieve simultaneous penetration, and I knew that I had to share this moment with my loyal subscribers."
Post of the year

Holy **** you went from 0 to Pandora’s box real quick...
Ok, Ok! LOL - This might be a better example - He and Gabby went to Brinson’s party. He didn’t blow up the spot then (maybe he already knew maybe not) but why didn’t he post before?

On Marshall He posted because he had no info and he had the Canes out and he would look like a fool. That’s why!

The Ivins ****-gobblers are back.

Just sit back and listen to them spin wild tales about the brave sports-journalists who take their lives into their own hands as they "do their jobs" creating click bait and writing bogus "tonight is going to be a big night for commitments" articles.

Anything goes, as long as the jackals drive traffic to their websites so their paychecks don't bounce.

And, dammit, that horrible Jason Marshall character should have foreseen that a Notre Dame fan and an Alabama fan were going to ruin his announcement, and the VICTIM should have asked the writers not to publish anything. Even though, of course, Jason Marshall had no idea that these scumbags knew anything, nor was he afforded an opportunity to comment or even to ASK not to have the information publicized. But, yeah, this is all Jason Marshall's fault, let's blame the 18 year old kid for some dirtbag move that two adults pulled on him.
:q3xkxex:

Time zones are different bud. I wish the thread still existed because everyone could just go there and see that Manny's tweet appeared like 2 pages prior to the CB flips. You don't think people would have noticed the CB flips before Manny's tweet if they had actually happened first? Let's use some common sense!

I realize that now and few pages back i acknowledged it. I was doing something with my kids saturday when my buddy texted me that crystal balls had been put in for Marshall, then i saw the tweet from Manny.

So naturally without knowing it was central time I looked at the times and was mistaken.

Advertisement
Idiots can’t see the forest for the trees. They keep going back to the “ drama , spoiled kid , Miami problem “ bs rather than discussing the issue.

The issue, IMHO, isn't just the 247 guys, but a a lot of people while you're trying to get out from any blame.

Every single person who knew anything threw breadcrumbs out there and a perfect storm occurred letting the secret out. If there wasn't talk, hints, etc, then his moment wouldn't have been ruined. There were a lot of contributing factors from the coaches on down.

Doesn’t that depend on what your boss is asking you to do or if it compromises your morals?
True... but we don't know what fully went on behind the scenes. Either way I don't see why this is such a big deal, if you are committed to miami your committed to miami regardless. It's not like bama/other schools were gone stop recruiting him because he committed to us if they really want him.

Advertisement
Here’s an idea let’s just wait for a kid to commit and not over analyze the thoughts of an 18 year old. It will happen when it happens. Stop stalking this kids. Stop assuming all are coming here as we have been burned so many times before. I sweat to god the past few days/weeks is the Miami version of gaytor tears.

Go fvck yourself with your childish generalities.

"This is big boy time".

"The spotlight is on you."

"This is a multi-million dollar business, like it or not."

"He has no reason to be ****ed at either of them."

You are one of the biggest victim-blamers on this site.

One time for J.P. :q3xkxex:

Here’s an idea let’s just wait for a kid to commit and not over analyze the thoughts of an 18 year old. It will happen when it happens. Stop stalking this kids. Stop assuming all are coming here as we have been burned so many times before. I sweat to god the past few days/weeks is the Miami version of gaytor tears.
:q3xkxex:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back