Ivins Update (Dare I Ask?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Maybe its because I'm in my 30's and not a big social media guy, but the school and the player needing to "break the internet" with the announcement seems a bit shallow.

Remember that silly show on MTV "My Sweet Sixteen" where ultra rich teenagers plan the most ridiculous birthday party that absolutely nobody will care about a week later? Feels a little bit like that.

And I say that in the context of hopefully there will be much more meaningful things to come for both Jason and Miami. I understand that a lot of work went into it from a planning standpoint, nobody likes to have their bubble bursted. In no way am I saying what 247 did was justified, just that **** happens and there will be other opportunities to make a statement.

Last edited:
I’ve only seen one poster in this entire thread support Ivins. Everyone else is on the anti 247 squad as they should be.

That being said, why the kid still didn’t pop it’s hard to understand

Advertisement
Ivins is a reporter and did his job. If Marshall was gonna commit to "shock the world" but then decided to step back and re-evaluate things because it was spoiled.....then it wasn't a real commit in the first place. Just another HS athlete trying to get his attention-seeking moment on social media.

Now IDK what really happened on Marshall's end but if what people are saying is true, then that's my take. Bruh if you're gonna commit to a school then do it. If not, then you're just playing games.
Would you rationalize in the same way if the Washington Post found out 1 hour before the Bin Laden raid there was an operation ongoing and they leaked it ahead of time on-line “Operation on the way to capture/kill Bin Laden” and it tipped off Bin Laden and he got away?

I know this is sports vs real life but Ivins is a “reporter” and it applied where he should just let it happen and not have him and his buddies out out a CB at the same time alerting the enemy (in this Case Baga & the Gayturds).

Mods keep this one going please. The ****ery needs to be seen.

Btw I have screenshots from 247 posters ripping his *** to shreds, I tip my cap to you guys.
Post receipts

*** this thread
giphy (17).gif

Advertisement
Y'all niqqass worried about crystal balls from ivins about a corner back, while I'm worried about can DJ Ivey cover the curl or deep routes

I think we are worried cuz DJ hasn’t shown he can and would like to have the top CB in FL commit to solve that problem but that’s just me

Would you rationalize in the same way if the Washington Post found out 1 hour before the Bin Laden raid there was an operation ongoing and they leaked it ahead of time on-line “Operation on the way to capture/kill Bin Laden” and it tipped off Bin Laden and he got away?

I know this is sports vs real life but Ivins is a “reporter” and it applied where he should just let it happen and not have him and his buddies out out a CB at the same time alerting the enemy (in this Case Baga & the Gayturds).

Holy **** you went from 0 to Pandora’s box real quick...

Advertisement
I wrote this in another thread but I believe that Brashard Smith was supposed to commit on a certain day, Ivins said something and the whole operation was postponed till a later date. It was the "active night" post that Ivins made iirc.

Edit: Thats why I am not worried about Marshall.

View attachment 125681
View attachment 125683
View attachment 125684

View attachment 125682

Wiltfong @ 1117am.... and Ivins too

Alderman @1123am

Manny @1154am

Time zones are different bud. I wish the thread still existed because everyone could just go there and see that Manny's tweet appeared like 2 pages prior to the CB flips. You don't think people would have noticed the CB flips before Manny's tweet if they had actually happened first? Let's use some common sense!

Advertisement
You have a point lol, we need Marshall
We need this kid bad. On a lot of fronts. It was true with Williams and it will be true with Taylor. Narrative down here HAS to be changed and this is the only single way to do it

NO. No, Manny did NOT tweet before the CBs were changed. Manny's tweet was a RESPONSE to the CB's being changed.

Manny tweeted an emoji of a crystal ball, followed by a video of an explosion.

The myth of "247 is on CST" needs to end.

Jason Marshall's announcement was supposed to be at noon. The CB flips happened at 11:17 EST. Jason Marshall started getting swamped with phone calls before noon.
When I made my since deleted post, that’s what I was thinking... Manny sent the tweet because the CBs ruining everything.... the gif, to me, looked like an implosion... Cribby has been on point on most, if not everything, and we all lapped it up. And now that he’s saying the 247 guys F’d things up, and suddenly he’s mad or wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back