Ivins Update (Dare I Ask?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some of you are going at me because you know I’m ****ed.....well I am. I know what I know and how f’d up it was. If anyone here knows me knows I don’t do this, even when I’ve been trolled to death in the past , I just laughed it off or trolled them back. If I’m this mad you should know this is absolute bs. But I’ll let the same couple guys suck ivins nuts and defend him.

It’s just ironic, it’s the same people who get butthurt because folks are on my nuts. Well guess what ? You look the exact same, actually worse.

That's how I knew Ivins and Wiltdong did something dirty. You usually dont get worked up, even when we're getting a big commitment. You're pretty heated over this

Advertisement
In all honesty, it only could have been someone on the Bama staff that gave 247 the info. Manny tweets something without the consent of Marshall after planning and keeping this quiet for such a long time and blows the cover? Nah, does not add up.

Maybe I’m missing something but didn’t manny post the explosion crystal ball tweet first? Love the roll we’ve been on but in this case how is this anyone’s fault but UM?

Advertisement
All that may be true. But Gaby's timing sucks.

What happened when everyone realized you didn't need to pay $19.95 per month to America Online just to get your e-mail? Did anyone talk aobut how AOL was real nice and personable?

The salad days of Rivals and 247 are over.

Andrew Ivins needs to start doing his podcast while he is driving around for UberEats.
He’s got his opportunity and will do well!

Was Ivins and/or Wiltfong told directly not to leak the information and they did? That's all anyone is asking. You can clear that up right now but for whatever reason you're choosing not to. If they were told directly to not make any public suggestions that he was going to commit, then **** both of them in the face and they're pieces of ****. All you have to do is answer that question. If the answer is, "No, but..." then someone else dropped the ball. Not the reporters.
Thats not the only question. As a responsible reporter did Ivins check in with Marshall or his family and ask? Get an interview going etc? Did they give him an opportunity to tell them not to? Or was he just magically supposed to know they were about to drop a ball and call Ivins cell phone to tell him not to??

Comeon man, are you serious right now or do you just like to play devils advocate for amusement??

Advertisement
In all honesty, it only could have been someone on the Bama staff that gave 247 the info. Manny tweets something without the consent of Marshall after planning and keeping this quiet for such a long time and blows the cover? Nah, does not add up.
I don’t see a single person blaming Manny (nor should anyone). I think what some are insinuating is there was a lot of innuendo on various sites about Marshall to Miami. Then these shyster, clueless “experts” who have been wrong for a year see Manny’s generic tweet and assume where there’s smoke there’s fire and blow up the kid’s spot.

Journalism has one main incentive and one main job: to SELL information. Not to PROVIDE information.

I mean who cares what happens or how it happens long as the blue chip recruits sign with is, nobody is going to care about crystal balls for a corner back when Clemson is throwing it at our corners like crazy this year. More hype about future then our current players. Just let me know when these ballers sign

Advertisement
Can we clear something up once and for all? Did Manny tweet before the CB’s were changed? Yes, the time stamps indicate the CB’s changed first but as one can readily see from 247’s website, times on that site appear to be on CST.

Manny’s tweet was generic and I’m not comparing the substance of his cryptic tweet to the blatant-in-your-face CB switches, but I want to establish a proper timeline because I thought the CB’s were done for these shysters to quickly save face from their ****** predictions due to Manny’s tweet.
But what does it matter whether it happened before or after? We've seen it a million times where the bat signal (or something like it) went up and we thought it was for one recruit but turned out to be another. I for one, didnt think that explosion meant Marshall. I thought maybe Taylor would do a surprise early announcement like Williams did or maybe it was C. Smith. I was still thinking Marshall was all Bama despite the smoke. The ONLY reason people are bringing up the timeline is they want to find an angle to somehow pin this on Diaz, who they dont like. It supports their agenda to paint him as trigger happy (I believe that phrase was actually used in this thread). Its so transparently obvious why posters are trying to blame Diaz when his post- whether before or after- is utterly irrelevant. I'm losing a lot of respect for posters who keep pushing this silly narrative. Yes. I get it. You don't like Diaz. (Not directed at you @Poptimus , I'm referring to the posters who keep saying Diaz shares at least part of the blame, which is pure nonsense)

Advertisement
But what does it matter whether it happened before or after? We've seen it a million times where the bat signal (or something like it) went up and we thought it was for one recruit but turned out to be another. I for one, didnt think that explosion meant Marshall. I thought maybe Taylor would do a surprise early announcement like Williams did or maybe it was C. Smith. I was still thinking Marshall was all Bama despite the smoke. The ONLY reason people are bringing up the timeline is they want to find an angle to somehow pin this on Diaz, who they dont like. It supports their agenda to paint him as trigger happy (I believe that phrase was actually used in this thread). Its so transparently obvious why posters are trying to blame Diaz when his post- whether before or after- is utterly irrelevant. I'm losing a lot of respect for posters who keep pushing this silly narrative. Yes. I get it. You don't like Diaz.
Dude, read above my post #192. I’m not blaming Manny one iota.

I know some of you are going at me because you know I’m ****ed.....well I am. I know what I know and how f’d up it was. If anyone here knows me knows I don’t do this, even when I’ve been trolled to death in the past , I just laughed it off or trolled them back. If I’m this mad you should know this is absolute bs. But I’ll let the same couple guys suck ivins nuts and defend him.

It’s just ironic, it’s the same people who get butthurt because folks are on my nuts. Well guess what ? You look the exact same, actually worse.

The only nuts I suck more than yours sir, are St. Leonard Taylors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back