Ivins Team Notes

Advertisement
I think Huff is the type of LB we’ve been missing since the Booch era—a fast guy who can cover ground quickly. I’m not all that sold on the big plodding LB model. Get me the 220 pound lean fast guys who can cover ground.
D4928354-0B4B-4F2E-8472-B68D0EB1E35B.jpeg

Advertisement
Your outta your mind...2001 UM could run the same exact Defense against 2019 LSU...
Why not??...
Why not? Because having Markese Fitzgerald/Alphonso Marshall on the field against Justin Jefferson in the slot is a better option than having Clark or Campbell/Williams spot drop in a zone. You can go watch the games against West Virginia back then. We weren't in base 4-3

He’s an old school Cane. Fast, angry and underrated. That’s the kind of kid we can build a great roster around in our backyard. Not necessarily the Rat Spermstains and Tyson Cumbags and Tyreek Stevensons who are chasing bags and have no love for the hometown. If we can start signing more of the Avery Huff types from down here we’ll be all set.

Amen to this.

Requires great effort and insight with your recruiting evaluations.

What the star ***** chasers on this site don’t realize is, that with the exceptions of kids like Cheney, it is generally highly unlikely that we’re going to get the five star diva bag chasers, some of who you mentioned.

Yes ranking evaluations are of benefit, and naturally and I’m not saying we need a roster full of only three and two stars, it’s a matter of distinguishing the right three and four stars for your roster versus the wrong three and four stars on the roster.

Huff is a perfect example of this.

The five star bag chasing prima donna South Florida cornerback or wide receiver we chase and never get is a waste of time.

Advertisement
Why not? Because having Markese Fitzgerald on the field against Justin Jefferson in the slot is a better option than having Clark or Campbell spot drop in a zone.
Shannon would've shut that slant crap down...like he did all yr in 01....Just like Butch did to us this yr...

Need to have Kosi deliver the ball out wide to King and letting him turn on the burners like the packages they ran in Houston.

Advertisement
No he didn't...he used 4 and a 5th in Nickel...
His LBers played better in space than ours as well....
Nope. You can look at the West Virginia highlights from '01. One of the true spread teams on the schedule. Bunch of 5 and 6 DB looks. Reed and Lewis as the safeties. Rumph and Buch as the CBs. Fitzgerald and Marshall as your nickel and dime DBs

Nope. You can look at the West Virginia highlights from '01. One of the true spread teams on the schedule. Bunch of 5 and 6 DB looks. Reed and Lewis as the safeties. Rumph and Buch as the CBs. Fitzgerald and Marshall as your nickel and dime DBs
#1 Butch wasnt the coach in 01
#2 I was standing on the sidelines of the WVU game in 01

Advertisement
Im talking the FIU vs UM game....not 01

Need to move carter there and have him compete with frierson

Carter should start there.

The third down defense was actually really good with Bubba at safety and then moving carter to striker. Frierson seemed to get lost a lot of the time or blow coverages

Advertisement
Back