Ivins Team Notes

#1 Butch wasnt the coach in 01
#2 I was standing on the sidelines of the WVU game in 01
#1 I brought up the '01 team. I don't give **** about what Butch did against a pro style coach who was just playing running the spread. Butch didn't shut anybody else down all year. Kiffin who actually runs a spread lit him up for the 3rd year in a row.
#2 Then your memory is worse than the SD version of the highlights on youtube. You said Shannon would've shut it down just like he did all year in '01. He wouldn't have shut it down running a base 4-3. He didn't even run that against spread teams in '01

Advertisement
#1 I brought up the '01 team. I don't give **** about what Butch did against a pro style coach who was just playing running the spread. Butch didn't shut anybody else down all year. Kiffin who actually runs a spread lit him up for the 3rd year in a row.
#2 Then your memory is worse than the SD version of the highlights on youtube. You said Shannon would've shut it down just like he did all year in '01. He wouldn't have shut it down running a base 4-3. He didn't even run that against spread teams in '01
Thats your opinion

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s the way the game has gone. You can try and run a true 4-3 if you want and you will get ate alive
You can say that about any defense if you don't have the right personnel. What hasn't changed, is if you can't get pressure from your front 4 (or 3) you're toast if your LBs don't have coverage skills.

That’s it?

JK, thanks

Here's the long version.

Miami's players returned to campus two weeks ago. That means winter workouts are underway. InsideTheU has some notes.

– A lot of people are wondering if N'Kosi Perry will follow Jarren Williams' lead and enter the transfer portal now that Houston graduate transfer quarterback D'Eriq King is in Coral Gables. According to someone with knowledge of the situation, that's not likely to happen. Perry from what we have heard is ready to compete with King this spring and is excited about getting to work with new offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlle. While King is obviously the favorite to win the job, Perry knows that all it could take for him to see the field is an injury. That's a good thing because one source believes that the players inside UM's locker room genuinely like Perry. It should also be noted that Perry isn't expected to graduate until December which means that if he leaves Miami now he would likely have to sit out this upcoming season.

– There's a lot of people excited about Jeremiah Payton heading into spring practices. Payton is someone that multiple people have said made play after play this past fall on the scout team and looks to be ready to take the next step. On defense, three guys have gotten positive reviews: safety Keontra Smith, linebacker Avery Huff and defensive tackle Jordan Miller. Smith apparently had a knack for finding the ball this past fall and forced a bunch of turnovers in 11-on-11. Huff has been described as a "freak" of sorts. He still needs to get a better grasp of Miami's defensive system, but if he gets it together over the next few months, watch out. As for Miller, he continues to impress with his work ethic. He probably won't be a starter in 2020, but should be a key part of the rotation.

– Scott Patchan's decision to leave means that Jahfari Harvey will get more run. In the grand schemed of things that's a good thing one source noted. Harvey impressed the staff during bowl practices and is a guy the coaches would like to play more. Some actually think there's a chance that he could be the team's third defensive end although that depends on how Jaelan Phillips looks this spring. For those wondering, Temple graduate transfer defensive end Quincy Roche started working out with the team on Friday according to a source.

Advertisement
...great teammates don't **** their teammates girls... after he tagged baxa's girl, it fvcked baxa up. we see baxa's results after that on the field.
Baxa was a gutless puke. He missed a couple big kicks and never rebounded. That happens to weak minded kickers all the time even when no one is fcking their girlfriend.

Advertisement
If you told me a year ago that I'd be optimistic about Perry staying and having a legitimate shot at starting in 2021 I'd have had you Baker Acted.

After hearing about his academic success, seeing him really take his job serious, and handling rejection with a sense of humility, I've gotta say I'm pulling for him.

DL rotation should be interesting because we have seen 15 lined up inside a lot, so gotta think we will have Roche and Phillips on outside with Rousseau and Silvera or Miller inside on passing downs. Could be elite

That sounds nasty af!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’d like to see Restrepo used as a nickel guy. He is perfect for it in this defense.
I know we are thin at corner but I believe Restrepo wouldn’t help us there right now as a frosh. Imo. Our back 7 in a nickel look should be

CB
Blades
Ivey

nickel/striker
Bolden

LB
huff
Mccloud

FS
Hall

SS
Carter or
Smith

I know we are thin at corner but I believe Restrepo wouldn’t help us there right now as a frosh. Imo. Our back 7 in a nickel look should be

CB
Blades
Ivey

nickel/striker
Bolden

LB
huff
Mccloud

FS
Hall

SS
Carter or
Smith

Carter is a better fit at striker. Bubba can actually run and isn’t stiff. Carter actually played well there on third downs before bubba was hurt

Advertisement
Back