Ivins Team Notes

Advertisement
A lot of people on here stuck in the past just like Enos and u see what happened to him. Two of the best defensive minds in CFB have got away from traditional schemes. Saban runs a 4-2-5. Venables ran a 3-3-5 majority of the season even against OSU. In the championship game they went to a 3-1-7.

Now ppl saying perry a good kid because he decides to stay. Man perry been a good kid. He made a mistake as an 18 yo. If flashing money and hitting a broad on snapchat is all that he did Im glad social media wasnt around when i was in college. I wouldnt be surprised to see perry win the job this year, come in midway through the year or win it next year. Yall keep penciling TVD in as the starter against alabama. Dont count Kosi out. Kid had to play way too early in a scheme that wasnt best suited for his skills.
People saying he’s a good kid cause of how he handled himself last season in the face of adversity, and how he seemingly grew up quite a bit.

Has nothing to do w playing ability or transfer status.

What's your opinion of our 2020 starting LBs, better or worse than 2019?

IMO higher highs but lower lows. 55 and 56, as seniors, were rarely out of position. Steady. Obviously didn’t make every play, who does? But more often than not they were steady, being in the right spot but probably not a tremendos amount of eye-popping plays. That’ll change next year. I expect the athleticism to increase significantly. But there will be more times where the kids will be fooled and be out of position. Growing pains, but the ceilings of 6 and 9 are higher than 55 and 56.

Advertisement
Perry is a Cane to the core. He’s not a great QB, but he was a great teammate last year and is a good option to have off the bench. Good for him

Which is exactly why coach diaz messed up and named the one foot in, now 2 feet out qb in jw15 who was never a True Hurricane at heart, and now that this new transfer in qb is here, he ran like a roach when the light comes on, scared. I been saying it, perry at the time was the only True Hurricane qb on the roster, all these people hopping on transfer tate's bandwagon was comical, and i said than, no way is perry going to let transfer tate beat him out. But manny wasnt smart, should've named perry the starter, especially against the gaytors, but he got scared to not name jw15 the starter when even his own teammates didnt care about him as a leader. So now we are back here again, and perry not looking to go nowhere but actually get better. And in all honesty, this offense might be just what perry needs to consistently play like he did in the comeback against Fsu and like V-Tech this year. That's a level many qb's cant ever get too, but perry has that in em. This new transfer in qb's stats against tuffer competition is no special, he consistently threw for around 165yrds in those games. Our defense will be the toughest defense he's faced up to date, i got perry impriving by a lot, because #1, he has the arm to make any throw, i havent seen this other guy throw, but the only thing he maybe better than perry at is running, throwing, heck naw!

If you’re playing against a team running a 30 year old Enos offense, a base 4/3 will work. If you’re playing against a team running an offense that people actually use in 2020, you need more versatility. You need safeties who can play man coverage and defend the run like a linebacker. We saw how bad the pass defense struggled in 2017 with McCloud getting embarrassed by slot receivers on the regular. That’s the whole reason they switched to the 4-2-5.

There's a lot to be excited about with Huff, but Sam Brooks will be the surprise of the year. Before his injury, he was the bonafide truth. He has the passion and work ethic to become an all time great LB here.

Advertisement
- Perry unlikely to transfer

- Staff is excited about Jeremiah Payton, Keontra Smith, Avery Huff, and Jordan Miller.

- Patchan leaving means more opportunities for Jahfari Harvey, could be the 3rd team DE depending how Jaelan Phillips looks.

- Roche started working out with the team on Friday.
All good music to my ears
giphy.gif

Advertisement
If Phillips can’t start this year, I fear his medicaL issues are worse than thought. If he’s healthy, there’s no question he should be 2nd team.

Perry at backup is a nice thing to have to bridge from da king to one of TVd/matocha.
I don't see Perry as a bridge. I think Lashlee's offense fits him. I expect Perry to be the starter his Senior year. You really want to roll out an inexperienced QB against Bama and Mich St in 2021?

Advertisement
I don't see Perry as a bridge. I think Lashlee's offense fits him. I expect Perry to be the starter his Senior year. You really want to roll out an inexperienced QB against Bama and Mich St in 2021?

That's what I mean about bridge. He's the bridge to TVD/Matocha, which means he would likely be the starter in 2021 and hand over the torch in 2022..

If you’re playing against a team running a 30 year old Enos offense, a base 4/3 will work. If you’re playing against a team running an offense that people actually use in 2020, you need more versatility. You need safeties who can play man coverage and defend the run like a linebacker. We saw how bad the pass defense struggled in 2017 with McCloud getting embarrassed by slot receivers on the regular. That’s the whole reason they switched to the 4-2-5.
Diaz started running the 4-2-5 before he came to miami. At mississippi st. he took and bigger safety and basically was playing him at striker. His first year here in 2016 the plan was to run the 4-2-5 and they had grace playing striker but he got suspended which forced them to play more 4-3. In 2018 mccloud was the starter at striker but obviously he couldn’t play that role.

Advertisement
Back