Ivins: Now what on CB's

He’s dc at UM. He can get a G5 job
Biggest thing for Power 5 schools is...

1.) Baker will be cheap as ****

2.) Will still look presentable as a hire as he can be sold to Boosters and fans as “top 20 DC” who brings an aggressive fun scheme... inroads into LA and south Florida

3.) did I mention hed be cheap in this Covid world

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm waiting to see what Manny does after the season before I make any further judgements on him.

He saw the Offense under Enos sucked and changed the staff.He has to know that he has several problems on D ( I would suspect at the very least Reed has been in his ear) so lets see if he has the balls to cut his underachieving buddies.To me this will tell us all we need to know about if Manny will be the one to lead us back or not.
the biggest issue on the D? talent.

Advertisement
Since the Covington thread was locked, thought I'd leave this here. Seems Covington has been talking to Clemson for quite awhile , and while they haven't offered yet, he is not planning on signing until Feb. so anything can happen. Saw this on the Clemson board,- they just lost out on Nyland Greene to UGA so it looks like covington will get some more attention:

Clemson has been building a rapport and laying the groundwork with Covington this fall.

"Clemson goes through a process, so they were contacting my parents first a good bit before talking to me," Covington told Clemson247. "About a month ago is when I started talking with coach (Mike) Reed. His message has just been to keep working and doing what I'm doing."

Covington plans to sign in February on National Signing Day

"I have a top five but anything can happen," Covington said.

Covington didn't collect his first Division I offer until October. More recently, UCLA and Oregon have expressed interest.

Of Covington's top five, only TCU has received a visit and that was for a camp a couple of years ago. He's conducted "virtual tours" with each school in his top five as well as Clemson.

"Clemson has been sending additional videos ever since our virtual tour," Covington said.

Covington said he communicates with Reed every other day. He's chatted with defensive coordinator Brent Venables via social media.

An offer from the Tigers would change the makeup of his recruitment.

"I mean, my interest would skyrocket for sure," Covington said. "Ever since Clemson has been in the picture, I've always had a big interest in them. Man, I just love how they do things out there. They are all-in, that statement really touches me because if you give it your all in everything you do, you will always get the best results. That alone makes me have this feeling in Clemson."

Since the Covington thread was locked, thought I'd leave this here. Seems Covington has been talking to Clemson for quite awhile , and while they haven't offered yet, he is not planning on signing until Feb. so anything can happen. Saw this on the Clemson board,- they just lost out on Nyland Greene to UGA so it looks like covington will get some more attention:

Clemson has been building a rapport and laying the groundwork with Covington this fall.

"Clemson goes through a process, so they were contacting my parents first a good bit before talking to me," Covington told Clemson247. "About a month ago is when I started talking with coach (Mike) Reed. His message has just been to keep working and doing what I'm doing."

Covington didn't collect his first Division I offer until October. More recently, UCLA and Oregon have expressed interest.

Of Covington's top five, only TCU has received a visit and that was for a camp a couple of years ago. He's conducted "virtual tours" with each school in his top five as well as Clemson.

"Clemson has been sending additional videos ever since our virtual tour," Covington said.

Covington said he communicates with Reed every other day. He's chatted with defensive coordinator Brent Venables via social media.

"I mean, my interest would skyrocket for sure," Covington said. "Ever since Clemson has been in the picture, I've always had a big interest in them. Man, I just love how they do things out there. They are all-in, that statement really touches me because if you give it your all in everything you do, you will always get the best results. That alone makes me have this feeling in Clemson."
He’s going to get the offer

What does our CB board look like at this point? Seriously? Seems like everyone has McGhee pegged to LSU, and we aren't recruiting Brown (Ole ****). I understand we might go after a portal CB, but are is there anyone that actually seems to have interest in UM or will the chips fall and we pick it back up for the February signing day.

Advertisement
We need 3 CB now with this Blades news

He should be back next year since it said he's only missing the rest of the year. But tbh even with his last name I could see him leaving for PT or the draft since Couch is now starting over him.

I'd still say 2 this year and then pretty much promise Earl Little Jr the starting spot opposite Couch to come here in 22.

Advertisement

How could Clemson ever get him if they slowplayed him like that? Oh never mind...

I thought this kid would be a layup for us cause he had no one after him. Now we offer and some Texas guys offer now clemskn and Oregon? Dam man. But you know the kids got potential of Clemson is on the phone

So much for him wanting to stay close to home.... 😒

I really like that strategy of recruiting the parents first before even speaking to the kid.

Advertisement
Back