Ivins: Now what on CB's

Like all years take the class rankings with a grain of salt...especially this years due to the abbreviated spring eval period.

Advertisement
I mean this is so frustrating and Manny better get his head out of his ***.

He wasn't even THAT good a DC to be pulling **** like this. How arrogant do you need to be?

I could understand an established coach pulling this **** but as @dsddcane states, he's a fan with the keys to an elite program.

Wish the BoT had some more balls.

I agree its frustrating as **** after reading thru this thread. However, I see the bigger issue is that Manny lacks the self-confidence to hire people who may know more than he does at the other coaching positions. Absolutely his ego is getting in the way as well, but sometimes that can be a virtue in situations instead of a hinderance. If you are confident enough in yourself to hire other savages around you and not feel threatened you can be extremely successful. From my perspective of reading D's comments, Manny lacks the self-confidence and fortitude to make the big hires that may have more juice than he does. Ultimately that's a failing blueprint.

**** in my business I have to hire and fire from time to time. I go out and hire some real bad asses to do the job (I think I do at least haha). Some of them I believe are better at what they do than I ever was. That helps me sleep better at night knowing those checks will keep comin in, and all I gotta do is give them direction, keep em happy, and occassionally stroke some egos. I don't believe I'm some kind of Bill Gates wizard when it comes to running the show, but I definitely don't have time or energy to let my pride pride get in the way of being successful.

Manny needs to cut this soft shouldered **** out and make some real hires...typically that does not happen at this point. Tigers won't change their stripes at this stage of their lives. Especially when the same failures he needs to let go are his boys. That's some real man sized portions he has previously shown he doesn't have the stomach to swallow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree its frustrating as **** after reading thru this thread. However, I see the bigger issue is that Manny lacks the self-confidence to hire people who may know more than he does at the other coaching positions. Absolutely his ego is getting in the way as well, but sometimes that can be a virtue in situations instead of a hinderance. If you are confident enough in yourself to hire other savages around you and not feel threatened you can be extremely successful. From my perspective of reading D's comments, Manny lacks the self-confidence and fortitude to make the big hires that may have more juice than he does. Ultimately that's a failing blueprint.

**** in my business I have to hire and fire from time to time. I go out and hire some real bad asses to do the job (I think I do at least haha). Some of them I believe are better at what they do than I ever was. That helps me sleep better at night knowing those checks will keep comin in, and all I gotta do is give them direction, keep em happy, and occassionally stroke some egos. I don't believe I'm some kind of Bill Gates wizard when it comes to running the show, but I definitely don't have time or energy to let my pride pride get in the way of being successful.

Manny needs to cut this soft shouldered **** out and make some real hires...typically that does not happen at this point. Tigers won't change their stripes at this stage of their lives. Especially when the same failures he needs to let go are his boys. That's some real man sized portions he has previously shown he doesn't have the stomach to swallow.
Facts homie.

If he lacked self confidence. He wouldn’t make adjustments and fire people. I’m not a fan but he’s a first time HC who has shown he will make adjustments.

Not in his wheelhouse which is the defense. He has never claimed that offense was his thing...its the defense that he supposedly specializes in. We will see this offseason if he is confident enough in himself to bring in someone that will challenge his ideas and make him a better coach as a result. Or will he continue to stick with the same mediocre guys to keep the perception up that he has it all under control.

Not in his wheelhouse which is the defense. He has never claimed that offense was his thing...its the defense that he supposedly specializes in. We will see this offseason if he is confident enough in himself to bring in someone that will challenge his ideas and make him a better coach as a result. Or will he continue to stick with the same mediocre guys to keep the perception up that he has it all under control.
I don’t like the defensive staff expect our DL coach and Banda connects with kids but there isn’t much out there either. No one stops anyone in today’s game

Advertisement
If he lacked self confidence. He wouldn’t make adjustments and fire people. I’m not a fan but he’s a first time HC who has shown he will make adjustments.
I'm waiting to see what Manny does after the season before I make any further judgements on him.

He saw the Offense under Enos sucked and changed the staff.He has to know that he has several problems on D ( I would suspect at the very least Reed has been in his ear) so lets see if he has the balls to cut his underachieving buddies.To me this will tell us all we need to know about if Manny will be the one to lead us back or not.

I'm waiting to see what Manny does after the season before I make any further judgements on him.

He saw the Offense under Enos sucked and changed the staff.He has to know that he has several problems on D ( I would suspect at the very least Reed has been in his ear) so lets see if he has the balls to cut his underachieving buddies.To me this will tell us all we need to know about if Manny will be the one to lead us back or not.
I have heard he was trying to get patke and baker jobs. Baker a G5 hc and patke a dc. Rumph was rumored to be out last two years. We shall see

Advertisement
I have heard he was trying to get patke and baker jobs. Baker a G5 hc and patke a dc. Rumph was rumored to be out last two years. We shall see

Baker a head coaching job!?!?!?

inside the nba laughing GIF by NBA on TNT

If all the games get played we’re talking about 4 more games left. A third of the season. If the defense plays well and this team finishes 11-1 ain’t no one getting fired unless the Baker losing play calling duties is a definite thing. Manny watched his defense prop up a bad offense the last two years. And really be the backbone of the program for 5 seasons He’s not dumping these guys after one down year if they don’t cost him a game. If he does he’s on some Saban ****. Maybe Rumph to the recruiting gods.

Advertisement
I see us striking out on all HS CB's that we really want. Most likely a portal pick up. There's no **** excuse our recruiting at corner is this bad. Rumph needs to be gone yesterday.

I know the board is pretty split on whether the homie X knows anything but worth mentioning he thinks we’re pulling one of these dudes mentioned.

Attachments

• 11221B6D-B756-4EA4-8C91-9B42B1BBA63D.jpeg
    11221B6D-B756-4EA4-8C91-9B42B1BBA63D.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 139
If all the games get played we’re talking about 4 more games left. A third of the season. If the defense plays well and this team finishes 11-1 ain’t no one getting fired unless the Baker losing play calling duties is a definite thing. Manny watched his defense prop up a bad offense the last two years. And really be the backbone of the program for 5 seasons He’s not dumping these guys after one down year if they don’t cost him a game. If he does he’s on some Saban ****. Maybe Rumph to the recruiting gods.

If his great granddaddy was General George S. Patton they still wouldn't put Baker in charge of their program.

Advertisement
Back