Ivins: Now what on CB's

Advertisement
Fascinating that folks on here wanna believe machos statement about Marshall not taking a payment even though he wasn’t plugged in at all during the actual recruitment.

But now with everything settled his “sauce” is adamant it was all because of the staff ruining a moment (I do believe this played a small part)
I love Macho but Cribby made predictions on and off the board at the time, as @TheOriginalCane said, so what he says on the Palmetto kids is what’s most credible to me. And no way in **** Marshall or his people are acknowledging a bag. I do not believe that the kid just flipped immediately over the tweet. I’m not saying that our staph didn’t do something but Hova apparently did some God awful thing before that as well so there’s that too. Cash rules everything around me.

Proud Of You Yes GIF
Done, Mang! It’s Friday night and I got a drink in my hand. Where are all the 7-1 boys at?

This is the problem I fear and I slowly but surely am starting to understand some things better from what you’ve been saying and from what I’ve seen some others say.

Manny wants his defense run. Don Brown and even Marcus Freeman won’t come in here and run his defense his way so Manny has less proven coaches in there doing it with him directing it and no one else would hire those coaches at this level for those jobs so they’ll just do as he says.
Winner winner

The more people I speak to who are close to Miami football, the more I find out that we have inner problems. (particularly on the defensive side of the ball)

You guys don't like to hear it because it's your beloved program and we're "7-1 bro!" and I understand that. It's just weird to me how some of you will eat-up ANYTHING positive regardless of who it comes from and shun anything negative (even if it comes from someone with inside knowledge). It's like hearing that your chick is fvckin' another dude behind your back, from a reliable source, but you refuse to believe it because you love the *****. Don't be that guy.

Me personally...I've given yall both positive news and negative news over the years. Any time I get any info I share it.
If it's positive, yall eat it up and hit the like button a hundred times.
If it's negative, I get **** on, called bitter and an "unqualified high school slapd!ck coach with a grudge" or whatever else yall come up with. LOL

When I shared the Nike Coaching Clinic crash party I was "Macho da gawd".
But when I told yall about the negative experience I had at a UM coaching clinic/social and how their staff wouldn't even acknowledge me despite being a lead coach at a major school, I was "bitter" and upset that I didn't get my dingaling stroked.

So with that said, some of us who hear inside information may be reluctant to share it at times because some of yall are simply too emotional and can't handle hearing negative news about your beloved Miami Hurricanes. What some of yall don't realize is that we want Miami to be good just as much as yall do! IF NOT MORE! Because some of us are vested in one way or another! (I've got kids there)
When I hear negative info about our staff, it's disappointing. You guys don't hear about the **** that goes on behind the scenes so it's all sunshine and rainbows for yall! People who hear inside info have a completely different outlook.
You guys get excited about James Williams, but I know that we almost botched that recruitment.
You guys clown Rumph for not having any CB's aboard, but I know that his hands are tied and our defensive staff had Marshall committed but blew it.

There's plenty of stuff I hear that's very disappointing and lets me know that it's straight-up amateur hour down in Coral Gables, but yall don't wanna hear that ****.
It's crazy to me though, because how in the world does THIS staff deserve any benefit of the doubt? When you look at our defensive staff in particular, what about their resumes tells you that they deserve our trust? LOL. Be for real!
When you send negative news I shake my head and say “we can’t have nice things.” I bet most staffs around the country have these issues. Three or less people can have a productive convo, four or more, everyone becomes a moron. A person can be smart but people are stupid.

Advertisement
Those are mutually exclusive choices. There is no logical way it could be both. If Miami botched the recruitment and he decided to flip, why would UF pay him 250k+? Because they like giving money away to guys who have already decided to sign with them?
Maybe they were already planning to give him it but found out it wasn't working. When the ***** up happened, it gave them an "in" and they sweetened it to make sure it stuck.

No inside info, just speculation how both could happen at the same time.

I would consider going from NFL back to college a demotion. Most of our coaches have advanced to the NFL and have stayed there. The only coach I can think of at the moment who went from pro back to college is Saban and he has made the most of his situation. End goal for most coaches like players is to make it to the pros and stay there
Lou Saban (as opposed to Nick), Howard Schnellenberger, but obviously that was a while ago.

Hahahaha I figured going to Twitter with the earth exploding was on of the Many reasons he chose UF how dumb of a person do u have to be to do it after the kid told u don’t do it. God I hate our coaches they’re such losers. You don’t have to be on ******* Twitter to get kids mane. Just win and they will come instead they’re ***gots
It's actually quite common. I've seem it a lot in business. You see it often from inexperienced people, who are unsure of their positions and standing, doing something short sighted for self validation.

Advertisement
Fascinating that folks on here wanna believe machos statement about Marshall not taking a payment even though he wasn’t plugged in at all during the actual recruitment.

But now with everything settled his “sauce” is adamant it was all because of the staff ruining a moment (I do believe this played a small part)
Where did he say this? There's been so much stated here, I remember he said it wasn't the sole factor.

Winner winner
I mean this is so frustrating and Manny better get his head out of his ***.

He wasn't even THAT good a DC to be pulling **** like this. How arrogant do you need to be?

I could understand an established coach pulling this **** but as @dsddcane states, he's a fan with the keys to an elite program.

Wish the BoT had some more balls.

Advertisement
Maybe they were already planning to give him it but found out it wasn't working. When the ***** up happened, it gave them an "in" and they sweetened it to make sure it stuck.

No inside info, just speculation how both could happen at the same time.
Those are some wild mental gymnastics.

This is the problem I fear and I slowly but surely am starting to understand some things better from what you’ve been saying and from what I’ve seen some others say.

Manny wants his defense run. Don Brown and even Marcus Freeman won’t come in here and run his defense his way so Manny has less proven coaches in there doing it with him directing it and no one else would hire those coaches at this level for those jobs so they’ll just do as he says.
Well if this is his "dream job" is he really going to die on the hill of not making changes? is sad if he does . man can come in and fire the entire offensive staff twice. but not do whats right on defense? i hope not, because then we have the same thing weve had since coker. and have to wait for another coach to make it work. maybe he will do the right thing. seems doubtful so i guess just enjoy 7-1 while we can.

Advertisement
I mean this is so frustrating and Manny better get his head out of his ***.

He wasn't even THAT good a DC to be pulling **** like this. How arrogant do you need to be?

I could understand an established coach pulling this **** but as @dsddcane states, he's a fan with the keys to an elite program.

Wish the BoT had some more balls.
All Cane fans have been wishing this for the better part of 2 decades....

I'm 100% certain that with time, my opinion regarding all this Rumph/Banda/Diaz/Baker/Patke **** will become the majority...unless Diaz makes some major changes.

Like I've been saying people just want to blame Rumph for everything. I don't have inside information, but I also don't have blinders on and can see the problem is far larger than Rumph being a bad CB recruiter. The **** that has been going on just makes no sense in how Diaz is managing everything. Dude is like a Belichick Assistant Coach that just got a HC job and wants everything to be the "Patriot Way" and be seen as the genius that saved the program...but we just saw how that ended with Matt Patricia with the Lions....

That’s exactly the problem with fans like you, you accept Mediocrity! You’re enablers of this dog**** admin and bot to keep feeding us that same dog$hit but telling us it’s filet minion. If you don’t expect the same excellence that got us 5 NCs then just leave!

This program has been nothing more than mediocre for the vast MAJORITY of it's existence in CFB. I'm confused as to why you think championships should be the expectation? Kicking, screaming, spreading toxicity, and flying POS banners is not going to do anything, if you haven't caught on yet.

Its pretty obvious that this school is perfectly fine being a mediocre program, just as long it receives guaranteed revenue from the ACC. In case you didn't know, the CFB landscape has changed a lot since the days MIA last contended for a championship.

Last edited:
I'm 100% certain that with time, my opinion regarding all this Rumph/Banda/Diaz/Baker/Patke **** will become the majority...unless Diaz makes some major changes.

Like I've been saying people just want to blame Rumph for everything. I don't have inside information, but I also don't have blinders on and can see the problem is far larger than Rumph being a bad CB recruiter. The **** that has been going on just makes no sense in how Diaz is managing everything. Dude is like a Belichick Assistant Coach that just got a HC job and wants everything to be the "Patriot Way" and be seen as the genius that saved the program...but we just saw how that ended with Matt Patricia with the Lions....
You may think that way but the exception I’ve taken to what you’ve said is that you blame Banda for Rumph’s recruiting fails whereas I think Banda has recruited his position well and I blame Rumph for Rumph and Diaz for not fixing the situation though I’m sure we agree on Díaz being the first to blame.

Advertisement
Back