Ivins: Now what on CB's

Yep.

Manny seems to catch on, right after he fails and/or screws something up.

I'm hoping the string of close victories is more eye-opening to him than the overall W-L record.

He needs to shake up the D, starting with the DC. He probably needs to change the DC and 2 D-side position coaches, same as he did with the offense last year.

If his pride gets in the way, I'll have my answer on whether I continue to trust Manny to do what is right for the program.
Brother........ WHY CAN YOU SEE SO CLEARLY THE SOLUTION, YET FAIL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM??? If manny fires baker,and whoever else he wants on defense what do you truly believe changes other than the coaches? He's been sharing in coordinator duties since last season and all of this season. He's surrounded himself by 95% exactly the individuals he wanted to on his side of the ball. Yet all the same things continue to occur that have been... Coaches (especially inexperienced coaches)surround themselves with one of two things. The good ones surround themselves with proven winners throughout. That are experienced and are strong willed and they respect & acknowledge atleast the opinions and talents of the coaches & support staff around him. Others surround themselves with timid individuals who are more willing to sit silent in the shadows because they're being micro managed. The fear in that is they are scapegoats in place who provide a excuse in the case of failures. If that wasn't the case do u really believe the strengths and weaknesses of the staff aren't something he's fully aware of after how many seasons now? Also Enos didn't leave because manny was correcting his mistake. He was told Enos had to go and he was able to argue enough to get Enos a simple demotion. Enos was offered the qb coach and passing game coordinator spot. He wouldn't take the demotion. But you don't have to believe me on that. I know I ranted here. But the sole point is the staff is set up exactly the way manny wants because none of it is isn't under his thumb. He has a dc who calls his defense and he signs off on everything every play.

Advertisement
Yes they have. ****, it was just 9 months ago that the entire Gaytor coaching staff had CERTAINTY that Avantae was going to sign with them. They were SHOCKED when he didn't. That wasn't a wake-up call for the over-confident Gaytor coaches. They thought it was an aberration.

The first time they started waking up was August 6, 2020.

And, for the record, I AM NOT EXCUSING SHOOTING OURSELVES IN THE FOOT. I criticized Manny on August 9, 2020 and said that he should be a silent assassin for the rest of the recruiting cycle.

Go back and re-read what you just typed. You acknowledge that the Palmetto coach brokered the payment, WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN SOLELY IN THE ONE HOUR BETWEEN MANNY'S TWEET AND THE PLANNED MIAMI ANNOUNCEMENT. The Gaytors stepped up their efforts between August 6 and August 9, and while Manny's tweet was stupid, it was nowhere near being the primary reason for the change of heart.
No clue what youre reading here. Has nothing to do with anything I said. #1 they only offered another 25 from what he had been offered. #2 tae wasn't a surprise to anyone. Only surprise was he didn't take a different offer that had been in place. I personally told y'all numerous times last season just chill tae would sign here. For a full season before he did. Regardless I get you speak with certain gayturds individuals or read there boards or whatever. I speak with more people than I care to and it's been know since last summer where a long shot. No one said for one second he didn't get took care of. What I said was that was already occuring regardless at multiple spots. You're assuming it's a one time occurrence. It had already been occurring. Also it wasn't manny's tweet that screwed us. It was banda going to a certain reporter and telling him we got a silent from marshall. He in turn called marshall immediately after asking for a story and saying I won't break it till you go public... So no need to put words in my mouth brother. Far as the coach he got 25k. Also you're speaking on what staffs believe. I'm not. I'm speaking on what I know from people that actually matter in these situations. Staffs do the same **** that ours does. They go off feelings. Signings are done independent of most coaches.

Doesn't have to be a firing. Can be a face-saving "moving on to other opportunities". Yes, it was much easier to FIRE Enos.

For the record, Miami went 9-3 just before we fired Bill Miller and hired Greg Schiano to replace him.
Very different time and situations. We had standards and coaches we expected to uphold that then...

Advertisement
Fascinating that folks on here wanna believe machos statement about Marshall not taking a payment even though he wasn’t plugged in at all during the actual recruitment.

But now with everything settled his “sauce” is adamant it was all because of the staff ruining a moment (I do believe this played a small part)

Advertisement
Can anyone explain to me, in reasonable terms, just how Manny and Baker can allow this to happen?
Don't see how Mike Rumph is back next year on staff. Also, Baker should be gone also. Diaz seems to be limited on who he can bring in though since he wants to run only his D. He should be more flexible and just bring in best coaches possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve been merging them all together. Should I merge this one too?
Proud Of You Yes GIF

Brother........ WHY CAN YOU SEE SO CLEARLY THE SOLUTION, YET FAIL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM??? If manny fires baker,and whoever else he wants on defense what do you truly believe changes other than the coaches? He's been sharing in coordinator duties since last season and all of this season. He's surrounded himself by 95% exactly the individuals he wanted to on his side of the ball. Yet all the same things continue to occur that have been... Coaches (especially inexperienced coaches)surround themselves with one of two things. The good ones surround themselves with proven winners throughout. That are experienced and are strong willed and they respect & acknowledge atleast the opinions and talents of the coaches & support staff around him. Others surround themselves with timid individuals who are more willing to sit silent in the shadows because they're being micro managed. The fear in that is they are scapegoats in place who provide a excuse in the case of failures. If that wasn't the case do u really believe the strengths and weaknesses of the staff aren't something he's fully aware of after how many seasons now? Also Enos didn't leave because manny was correcting his mistake. He was told Enos had to go and he was able to argue enough to get Enos a simple demotion. Enos was offered the qb coach and passing game coordinator spot. He wouldn't take the demotion. But you don't have to believe me on that. I know I ranted here. But the sole point is the staff is set up exactly the way manny wants because none of it is isn't under his thumb. He has a dc who calls his defense and he signs off on everything every play.
This is the problem I fear and I slowly but surely am starting to understand some things better from what you’ve been saying and from what I’ve seen some others say.

Manny wants his defense run. Don Brown and even Marcus Freeman won’t come in here and run his defense his way so Manny has less proven coaches in there doing it with him directing it and no one else would hire those coaches at this level for those jobs so they’ll just do as he says.

Advertisement
Back