Ivins: Now what on CB's

Bro! I just had like...a brainstorm! Why don’t we fire the guy that can’t make his own Evans and hire somebody to coach CBs AND make his own Evals. Don’t think too hard! You might have a stroke.
It seems so simple but it’s not.

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with mike. That's who manny is as an individual. There's a reason he has a staph of yes men... You mention who he trusts like you don't understand he's not accepted himself in the coaching fraternity.
Lol you are very close to being my all time favorite poster

I may be going out on a limb here, but this just reeks of peddling other posters information off as trying to make yourself sound like an insider. I respect and appreciate Cribby's information and insight as well, but just because his information is accurate does not mean Macho's cannot be.

Sorry, but that's bullsh!te. Macho was posting NOTHING at the time. This goes beyond "Cribby vs. Macho", there were a ton of people who knew what was going on before it happened.

I'm not questioning "Macho's information". I am pointing out (and he even admits this) that someone TOLD HIM recently that it wasn't just the money. Which is completely understandable, given that Marshall (or his confidantes) would be highly unlikely to brag about a payoff.

Macho has his source of information. But it is disinformation. There is 100% motivation for the recipient of a payoff to keep that a secret. But there is also a lot of d!ck-swinging motivation for boosters to brag that they outbid their rival schools. Both things can be (and are) true.

Good lord, this kind of denial reminds me of the infamous Adrian McPherson "one question" investigation into taking the checkbook from the F$U booster club president and then forging those checks at the local Publix. The FANTASTIC Athletic Director asked McPherson "did you do this", to which AD said "no", and the investigation was closed.

So, yeah, we KNOW that kids are getting payoffs from SEC schools, but as soon as someone "close to Marshall" tells "Coach Macho" that Marshall only picked the Gaytors because Manny tweeted within an hour of the announcement, then all of a sudden we are just supposed to ignore all the other reports of Marshall taking an increased payoff from the Gaytors, and blame "the Miami coaching staff" for what happened?'

Sometimes I literally cannot believe the insanity that some people post on this board.

One of these days, a handful of y'all might be able to convince some people that Jason Marshall picked the Gaytors solely because Manny sent out a one-hour-premature text. I hope that day never comes.

Ok so let’s keep it G!!! I get it you have an agenda and you don’t like Manny. But the bottom line is Manny is the head coach he can fire Rumph if he wants to and he doesn’t have to put on this dog and pony show that you’re referring to. I’m still waiting for you to tell what Rumph’s job description??? Because he’s definitely not teaching these CB’s proper technique.
I love manny. I’m actually a big fan of his potential. He’s not telling you a lie, just a hard truth. Everytime a Rumph thread (who I don’t care about either way. I think he’s good but sure we can find another) i point y’all back towards manny. I’m not guessing.. it’s painfully obvious to people who really know, what manny is doing. His pride will be tested this offseason. I hope he passes this test

Dee, the Gaytors were under the mistaken delusion that they were getting all the Palmetto Five, thus they didn't offer huge dollars from the beginning, they just thought the would win because "Gaytor brand". And with Covid, the entire SEC (collectively) wasn't tossing out bag offer dollar amounts like it was 1999 (or even 2019).

Once the Gaytors woke up to the fact that they were about to go 0-fer at Palmetto, they stepped up the dollars. Saban upped, but did not match.

We can try to pretend that this didn't happen, but it did, and the Palmetto coach was instrumental in brokering the deal and dollar amount in the Gaytors' favor.
The gayturds haven't been under that delusion since last summer. Spending hasn't gone down among the power schools at all. Matter of fact quite a few have stepped it up because they understand the challenge ahead. Parents are becoming more involved in the process for multiple reasons, most of which relate to covid from a health perspective. But plenty of it is due to the financial restraints being seeing all around the country. Far as that prick at palmetto he definitely brokered it but again you can't excuse shooting yourself in the foot. I'm not under any dillusions in life brother. People only decieve themselves or others if allowed to.

Advertisement
I love manny. I’m actually a big fan of his potential. He’s not telling you a lie, just a hard truth. Everytime a Rumph thread (who I don’t care about either way. I think he’s good but sure we can find another) i point y’all back towards manny. I’m not guessing.. it’s painfully obvious to people who really know, what manny is doing. His pride will be tested this offseason. I hope he passes this test
Maybe I missed this, but why would his pride be tested this off-season. Something special happening this year that didn’t happen last. And I’m being sincere here bro. No cap.

Sorry, but that's bullsh!te. Macho was posting NOTHING at the time. This goes beyond "Cribby vs. Macho", there were a ton of people who knew what was going on before it happened.

I'm not questioning "Macho's information". I am pointing out (and he even admits this) that someone TOLD HIM recently that it wasn't just the money. Which is completely understandable, given that Marshall (or his confidantes) would be highly unlikely to brag about a payoff.

Macho has his source of information. But it is disinformation. There is 100% motivation for the recipient of a payoff to keep that a secret. But there is also a lot of d!ck-swinging motivation for boosters to brag that they outbid their rival schools. Both things can be (and are) true.

Good lord, this kind of denial reminds me of the infamous Adrian McPherson "one question" investigation into taking the checkbook from the F$U booster club president and then forging those checks at the local Publix. The FANTASTIC Athletic Director asked McPherson "did you do this", to which AD said "no", and the investigation was closed.

So, yeah, we KNOW that kids are getting payoffs from SEC schools, but as soon as someone "close to Marshall" tells "Coach Macho" that Marshall only picked the Gaytors because Manny tweeted within an hour of the announcement, then all of a sudden we are just supposed to ignore all the other reports of Marshall taking an increased payoff from the Gaytors, and blame "the Miami coaching staff" for what happened?'

Sometimes I literally cannot believe the insanity that some people post on this board.

One of these days, a handful of y'all might be able to convince some people that Jason Marshall picked the Gaytors solely because Manny sent out a one-hour-premature text. I hope that day never comes.
Both of those can 100% be true and result in this. It doesn’t always need to be a ****ing match, things operating mutually exclusive of one another, or whatever else. Our coaches could have done something and he could have gotten paid. End of story and to argue otherwise is nonsense.

At the end of the day, I really don’t care about the why. I care about the end result. You can just say he got a bag and that absolves all responsibility from Miami’s coaches. I say it is their job to vet the situation (clearly others knew what was going on) and have back up options. Even if he committed, they should still have guys on the back burner in case he flipped. That’s the issue.

And above all else, please stop trying to parrot yourself as an insider. You are just repeating Crib or other’s information without crediting the source.

Maybe I missed this, but why would his pride be tested this off-season. Something special happening this year that didn’t happen last. And I’m being sincere here bro. No cap.
Well cause it’s blatant what’s been holding him back each season of his short head coaching career.. his pride will be the only thing stopping him from addressing the defense this offseason.

Advertisement
It's been awesome watching the dueling threads hot take battle.

On one we are losing Maason Smith to bags while in another the main reason we lost Marshall wasn't bags, but because we sent a premature tweet. The best part is watching the same dudes arguing both sides.

A classic CIS battle.

It's been awesome watching the dueling threads hot take battle.

On one we are losing Maason Smith to bags while in another the main reason we lost Marshall wasn't bags, but because we sent a premature tweet. The best part is watching the same dudes arguing both sides.

A classic CIS battle.
Wouldn’t be the holidays if it didn’t happen

Both of those can 100% be true and result in this. It doesn’t always need to be a ****ing match, things operating mutually exclusive of one another, or whatever else. Our coaches could have done something and he could have gotten paid. End of story and to argue otherwise is nonsense.

At the end of the day, I really don’t care about the why. I care about the end result. You can just say he got a bag and that absolves all responsibility from Miami’s coaches. I say it is their job to vet the situation (clearly others knew what was going on) and have back up options. Even if he committed, they should still have guys on the back burner in case he flipped. That’s the issue.

And above all else, please stop trying to parrot yourself as an insider. You are just repeating Crib or other’s information without crediting the source.

Dude, cut the crap on the tough guy talk with me. I am NOT "trying to parrot myself as an insider". You have no idea who I know. I am an alum of both UM and UF and I have plenty of long-time friends who are Bull Gaytors.

And stop the nonsense on the "without crediting the source" garbage. Nobody is going to come right out and say "these are all of my sources".

I'm not sure why you don't spend even a fraction of the time discussing Coach Macho's one source with him, and pointing out the obvious self-serving BS that goes on when a player who takes a payment "denies taking a payment".

Go back and re-read. I never "absolved all responsibility from Miami's coaches". All along I have said that it was a mistake for Manny to tweet prematurely. Go back to the day of Marshall's commit, I said it then, that I hope all of the REMAINING recruiting efforts are silent. There is absolutely no reason to tweet like that, regardless of whether the recruit wants publicity or not.

And I'm the one saying that there was a combination of factors, the money and the premature tweet. I'm NOT the guy saying it was all one thing and nothing else entirely. But you've got Coach Macho saying it was 100% about the tweet and 0% about the payment. Yet you fail to say one thing to him.

For the record, the Gaytors offer of payment did NOT simply start in the one hour between Manny's tweet and the planned announcement.

So, the two things are not equally to blame. And the increased payment is more than 50% of the reason.

I'm not sure why you interposed yourself into this discussion, and in such a one-sided fashion. Whatever makes you happy. I am not simply repeating Cribby's information, and if Cribby felt so, he can contact me individually (it would not be the first time that we communicate via PM). I'm just not sure where you get your mistaken ideas from.

"Our coaches could have done something and he could have gotten paid. End of story and to argue otherwise is nonsense." Where did I argue otherwise?

Open your eyes, my friend. Take a look at the Gaytor boards and observe the fact that the knowledgeable Gaytor fans are not denying a payment was offered. In fact, they're kind of proud of it.

But let's pretend that it didn't happen. Because one guy denied it to Coach Macho.

I'm trying to be respectful here. Please point out where I said "Marshall's decision was 100% about the money." Please point out where I posted someone else's information and claimed it as my own. Please point out where I absolved the UM coaches for all the mistakes in Marshall's recruitment.

Hilarious.

Last edited:
Well cause it’s blatant what’s been holding him back each season of his short head coaching career.. his pride will be the only thing stopping him from addressing the defense this offseason.

Yep.

Manny seems to catch on, right after he fails and/or screws something up.

I'm hoping the string of close victories is more eye-opening to him than the overall W-L record.

He needs to shake up the D, starting with the DC. He probably needs to change the DC and 2 D-side position coaches, same as he did with the offense last year.

If his pride gets in the way, I'll have my answer on whether I continue to trust Manny to do what is right for the program.

Advertisement
Manny isn't firing Baker unless we tank the rest of the way. Extremely difficult to justify and attract coaches in the future if you're firing your DC after a 9-2/10-1 season. With that said, I expect to see Rumph gone unless he absolutely closes like a gang buster between now and February.

The gayturds haven't been under that delusion since last summer. Spending hasn't gone down among the power schools at all. Matter of fact quite a few have stepped it up because they understand the challenge ahead. Parents are becoming more involved in the process for multiple reasons, most of which relate to covid from a health perspective. But plenty of it is due to the financial restraints being seeing all around the country. Far as that prick at palmetto he definitely brokered it but again you can't excuse shooting yourself in the foot. I'm not under any dillusions in life brother. People only decieve themselves or others if allowed to.

Yes they have. ****, it was just 9 months ago that the entire Gaytor coaching staff had CERTAINTY that Avantae was going to sign with them. They were SHOCKED when he didn't. That wasn't a wake-up call for the over-confident Gaytor coaches. They thought it was an aberration.

The first time they started waking up was August 6, 2020.

And, for the record, I AM NOT EXCUSING SHOOTING OURSELVES IN THE FOOT. I criticized Manny on August 9, 2020 and said that he should be a silent assassin for the rest of the recruiting cycle.

Go back and re-read what you just typed. You acknowledge that the Palmetto coach brokered the payment, WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN SOLELY IN THE ONE HOUR BETWEEN MANNY'S TWEET AND THE PLANNED MIAMI ANNOUNCEMENT. The Gaytors stepped up their efforts between August 6 and August 9, and while Manny's tweet was stupid, it was nowhere near being the primary reason for the change of heart.

Manny isn't firing Baker unless we tank the rest of the way. Extremely difficult to justify and attract coaches in the future if you're firing your DC after a 9-2/10-1 season. With that said, I expect to see Rumph gone unless he absolutely closes like a gang buster between now and February.

Doesn't have to be a firing. Can be a face-saving "moving on to other opportunities". Yes, it was much easier to FIRE Enos.

For the record, Miami went 9-3 just before we fired Bill Miller and hired Greg Schiano to replace him.

Advertisement
Dude, cut the crap on the tough guy talk with me. I am NOT "trying to parrot myself as an insider". You have no idea who I know. I am an alum of both UM and UF and I have plenty of long-time friends who are Bull Gaytors.

And stop the nonsense on the "without crediting the source" garbage. Nobody is going to come right out and say "these are all of my sources".

I'm not sure why you don't spend even a fraction of the time discussing Coach Macho's one source with him, and pointing out the obvious self-serving BS that goes on when a player who takes a payment "denies taking a payment".

Go back and re-read. I never "absolved all responsibility from Miami's coaches". All along I have said that it was a mistake for Manny to tweet prematurely. Go back to the day of Marshall's commit, I said it then, that I hope all of the REMAINING recruiting efforts are silent. There is absolutely no reason to tweet like that, regardless of whether the recruit wants publicity or not.

And I'm the one saying that there was a combination of factors, the money and the premature tweet. I'm NOT the guy saying it was all one thing and nothing else entirely. But you've got Coach Macho saying it was 100% about the tweet and 0% about the payment. Yet you fail to say one thing to him.

For the record, the Gaytors offer of payment did NOT simply start in the one hour between Manny's tweet and the planned announcement.

So, the two things are not equally to blame. And the increased payment is more than 50% of the reason.

I'm not sure why you interposed yourself into this discussion, and in such a one-sided fashion. Whatever makes you happy. I am not simply repeating Cribby's information, and if Cribby felt so, he can contact me individually (it would not be the first time that we communicate via PM). I'm just not sure where you get your mistaken ideas from.

"Our coaches could have done something and he could have gotten paid. End of story and to argue otherwise is nonsense." Where did I argue otherwise?

Open your eyes, my friend. Take a look at the Gaytor boards and observe the fact that the knowledgeable Gaytor fans are not denying a payment was offered. In fact, they're kind of proud of it.

But let's pretend that it didn't happen. Because one guy denied it to Coach Macho.

I'm trying to be respectful here. Please point out where I said "Marshall's decision was 100% about the money." Please point out where I posted someone else's information and claimed it as my own. Please point out where I absolved the UM coaches for all the mistakes in Marshall's recruitment.

Hilarious.
And you tell me where I said it 100% was not a payment? Spoiler - You can read my first sentences where I said it was both.

And you tell me where I said it 100% was not a payment? Spoiler - You can read my first sentences where I said it was both.

I'm not arguing against YOUR arguments. I'm disputing what Coach Macho said.

This is what happens when you mistakenly jump into the middle of two other people having a disagreement.

I'm just confused by your posts. I saw where you said it could be both factors, and I know where I said that it was both factors, so I am confused as to why you supported Coach Macho saying it was 100% "the tweet" and 0% "the payment".

I am going to disengage from this nonsense at this point. I feel that I was clear all along. The payment was negotiated over a period of time. The tweet may have been the "straw that broke the camel's back", but the tweet means nothing without the Gaytor cash offer on the table. I understand the reason why the Marshall camp is trying to make this all about the tweet, while denying the payment.

This isn't as complicated as some people try to make it out to be.

I wasn't talking about blake. I was talking about ephraim. I thought u meant spent time together on previous staffs. Far as success I honestly see manny's success as minimal before he got here so I couldn't agree one way or the other. Ephraim had zero success before he got here. But since u brought it up that's his tie and his weakness to all 3 of them. They've been on staffs together previously and that's why they have the bond and allegiance to each other in the first place. He's the one who recommended baker for the position at la tech and and he's the one responsible for bringing each of them here under cmr or himself in bakers case. I was really optimistic on the defensive side of the ball when manny was hired cause I hoped that he'd let go of the reigns and bring in an independent dc and I was especially optimistic because I knew the people who were genuinely interested in this job. **** who were interested in filling out the staff on both sides of the ball. He could have an amazing staff on both sides of the ball right now. My blame in him offensively with Enos wasn't the hire in itself. It was bringing in a coach with a questionable track record and giving him 100% authority to the point he didn't even know the resumes of the people Enos hired. But I understood the thought misguided or not. However on the defensive side of the ball from second #1 he turned away at every position some legit monsters... He did that because of the sole reason he wanted his system ran exactly his way and with no one that would question his decisions or his process. His fundamental approach or his lack of one. What separates dominant teams from basic teams beyond talent is the details... That's all. Now we have what we have and we probably have it for a long time. So get a snickers and buckle up.

Sorry for any misunderstanding on Baker vs. Banda. But I think we are mostly in agreement here.

This off-season will be a big test. Manny has to fire Baker. If he doesn't, he puts his own job in immediate jeopardy, just as Al did by not getting rid of D'Onofrio.

Again, I cite the Bill Miller example. Butch had him on his staff for 4 years. Miami went 9-3. And Butch still fired Miller and hired Schiano.

Manny needs to learn from THAT example, and set aside his pride. ****, I don't even care if Ed Reed needs to bend Beta Blake's ear and then there is a "forced separation" for Baker.

If Manny's pride is so strong that he can't turn over the defense to anyone else, even someone with a different approach to his, then this will probably be (and should be) the last time that Manny will be a head coach.

I will judge Manny by his actions.

It wasn't just cause manny sent out a tweet. Actually had far more to do with something banda did.
No. Same thing has been occurring since he hired this staff. But last season made it stand out (while the offense was the excuse fans grabbed at)and this season has little to cover for it.

Advertisement
Back