Ivins: Now what on CB's

I’ll trust Cribby who broke the “Marshall is committing today here” and “the we lost him” FIRST If anyone remembers, Cribby didn’t post Marshall by name either. Respect!!!!
FWIW I know for a FACT Cribby knew marshal was headed to UF BEFORE ANYONE in a 305 area code knew. ANYONE 🤔 If walls could talk...
He isn’t telling another man’s story

Cribby the 🐐

To be fair I never posted we lost him , I told that to you and a couple others off the board. I didn’t expect Marshall to pop the same day. Oh well....

Advertisement
Ok., so we have what’s commonly referred to as “revisionist history”. The Marshall told the coaches not to specifically ruin his moment is straight up laughable. However, the tweets and noise before the set time for he announcement did ruin it. I’ll post what happened that day and you can decide who’s now trying to cover their *** and save face.
Fact: A commitment time was set
Fact: Marshall had leaked it himself the night before and a LOT of people knew
Fact: Twitter was blowing up
Fact: Manny tweeted
Fact: Wait for it.... WHAT NOT ONE “insider” has posted
Nick Saben called to ask Marshall to not commit to Miami and give him a chance to make his case one last time.
Fact: His coach wanted him at UF and “advised” him to wait and hear what they had to say/offer
Fact: UF got word and made a better offer too.
Fact: If it wasn’t out there, he’d be a Cane.
Manny’s tweet didn’t cause Marshall to not commit. It was one of bunch of domino’s that fell. Miami insiders, fans and friends as a collective let the information get out and we lost him. Everyone, not just our staff, blew it.

Now which story makes more sense? Would he stayed committed to UM? Not if this offer eventually came in, but that day he’d be a Cane.

If you don’t want to believe that I don’t care, but that’s from Miami’s side and the gator side. As I’ve posted I live in Gainesville and have a very good friend who’s father is a bull gator. He knew the day of the commitment and bragged to me they got him. I passed it on.

I’m not going to argue or call people out , this is just fact.
Perception is 80% of reality for most people. That perception is derived from any number of contributing factors. Most of what we read on this board is based on that perception when the reality is that I can count on one hand how many posters have actual "inside" knowledge and have a finger or 3 remaining. Most of what's posted here are opinions, speculation, and conjecture based on one's perception not actual "inside" knowledge. I tend to take what I read here with a grain of salt. It's crystal clear you have knowledge that many others are not privy to.

Perception is 80% of reality for most people. That perception is derived from any number of contributing factors. Most of what we read on this board is based on that perception when the reality is that I can count on one hand how many posters have actual "inside" knowledge and have a finger or 3 remaining. Most of what's posted here are opinions, speculation, and conjecture based on one's perception not actual "inside" knowledge. I tend to take what I read here with a grain of salt. It's crystal clear you have knowledge that many others are not privy to.
Even if I didn’t know what I know do you really believe a FIVE STAR CORNERBACK just jumped ship last second because the staff leaked something? A five star corner that was favored to go to bag U all along? I mean the kid retweeted his original commitment date then deleted it the night before? The other story makes zero sense, it’s a five star recruit in today’s cfb. Of course there was last second bids because of it leaking. There’s a reason gator insiders were confident that Saturday, they knew. They never backed off. They did with Taylor though.

Then mix in the palmetto coach wanting his share in this @Liberty City El posted about that scum bag multiple times.

I mean y’all are not rookies to recruiting , what makes the most sense lol.

Last edited:
It ain't like I only share negative info though. I share anything positive I come across as well.

I just want that to be known. I'm not trying to "throw shade" at Miami in any way.
On behalf of those like me ('Canes fans who love the team and enjoy insight - good or bad), please don't stop. Your posts are insightful and help us develop more informed and balanced views of the team we love.

Keep 'em coming!

Even if I didn’t know what I know do you really believe a FIVE STAR CORNERBACK just jumped ship last second because the staff leaked something? A five star corner that was favored to go to bag U all along? I mean the kid retweeted his original commitment date then deleted it the night before? The other story makes zero sense, it’s a five star recruit in today’s cfb. Of course there was last second bids because of it leaking. There’s a reason gator insiders were confident that Saturday, they knew. They never backed off. They did with Taylor though.

Then mix in the palmetto coach wanting his share in this @Liberty City El posted about that scum bag multiple times.

I mean y’all are not rookies to recruiting , what makes the most sense lol.
Even a recruiting novice like myself can read the tea leaves. Many are too quick to lay all the blame at the feet of the U staff without considering all the “nuances” of 5 star recruitment. Not saying they haven’t missed on some occasions, but there’s usually “ more to the story”.

Advertisement
So basically if Marshall leaked it out anyway, then it's no one's fault because by leaking the info he just wanted attention / a bag...

So I stand by saying he's a cuck and hope his knees snap :)

So basically if Marshall leaked it out anyway, then it's no one's fault because by leaking the info he just wanted attention / a bag...

So I stand by saying he's a cuck and hope his knees snap :)
It’s become crystal clear he, and his handler/s, were leveraging all their “options”. Time to put it to bed and move on.

It's silly to focus on one guy's recruitment. Not getting Marshall isn't the issue. Not getting at least 20 quality So FL CBs over the past 5 years is the problem. I'm too lazy to go back and list them all, but they're everywhere on Saturdays now.

And even the kids that transferred out, like the Nebraska and UGA kids, we don't come after them because we don't want to encourage high school kids to think we're their portal safety net. I get that. But now we are in a position where we should be CBU, and the only guy playing on Sundays a few snaps a game is Corn Elder. That's just depressing as all ****. And our CB board right now is an outright epic fail.

It's silly to focus on one guy's recruitment. Not getting Marshall isn't the issue. Not getting at least 20 quality So FL CBs over the past 5 years is the problem. I'm too lazy to go back and list them all, but they're everywhere on Saturdays now.

And even the kids that transferred out, like the Nebraska and UGA kids, we don't come after them because we don't want to encourage high school kids to think we're their portal safety net. I get that. But now we are in a position where we should be CBU, and the only guy playing on Sundays a few snaps a game is Corn Elder. That's just depressing as all ****. And our CB board right now is an outright epic fail.
One of the best slot corners in the league and has played over 35 snaps per game on average the last 10 games.

Advertisement

From the great state of Tennessee

So while blaming a leak that's now been debunked while letting us know our staff can't relate to kids at all as we sit on a Top 10 class, you let us know you aren't here to throw shade.

Thanks for that.
Why do you always do that stuff? He's pretty close on that particular story #1. I'm not gonna go back and forth on this cause people gonna believe what they want. Regardless today is Thanksgiving & y'all, we, all of us have so much to be thankful for. Don't waste your blessings arguing with each other constantly over just dumb ****. Y'all all canes. Embrace that and realize every moment is a blessing. I'm thankful for each and every one of y'all even the ones I can't normally stand. Enjoy the family time guys. One thing these past months should teach us is nothing is a given. Stay blessed.

Why do you always do that stuff? He's pretty close on that particular story #1. I'm not gonna go back and forth on this cause people gonna believe what they want. Regardless today is Thanksgiving & y'all, we, all of us have so much to be thankful for. Don't waste your blessings arguing with each other constantly over just dumb ****. Y'all all canes. Embrace that and realize every moment is a blessing. I'm thankful for each and every one of y'all even the ones I can't normally stand. Enjoy the family time guys. One thing these past months should teach us is nothing is a given. Stay bles

Some of you, especially those who’s opinions hold weight here, should be asking you that first question as well.

Happy thanksgiving to to you and yours.

Ok., so we have what’s commonly referred to as “revisionist history”. The Marshall told the coaches not to specifically ruin his moment is straight up laughable. However, the tweets and noise before the set time for he announcement did ruin it. I’ll post what happened that day and you can decide who’s now trying to cover their *** and save face.
Fact: A commitment time was set
Fact: Marshall had leaked it himself the night before and a LOT of people knew
Fact: Twitter was blowing up
Fact: Manny tweeted
Fact: Wait for it.... WHAT NOT ONE “insider” has posted
Nick Saben called to ask Marshall to not commit to Miami and give him a chance to make his case one last time.
Fact: His coach wanted him at UF and “advised” him to wait and hear what they had to say/offer
Fact: UF got word and made a better offer too.
Fact: If it wasn’t out there, he’d be a Cane.
Manny’s tweet didn’t cause Marshall to not commit. It was one of bunch of domino’s that fell. Miami insiders, fans and friends as a collective let the information get out and we lost him. Everyone, not just our staff, blew it.

Now which story makes more sense? Would he stayed committed to UM? Not if this offer eventually came in, but that day he’d be a Cane.

If you don’t want to believe that I don’t care, but that’s from Miami’s side and the gator side. As I’ve posted I live in Gainesville and have a very good friend who’s father is a bull gator. He knew the day of the commitment and bragged to me they got him. I passed it on.

I’m not going to argue or call people out , this is just fact.
Orrrr...Marshall told the staff he was a silent and wanted to keep it that way until a certain date...but the staff (being overly excited) leaked the info to 24/7 immediately, thus letting the cat out the bag.

Not sure what makes your "facts" gospel but this comes from someone very close to the situation. (not a gator fan)

Advertisement
This just goes back to what I said about yall believing what yall want depending on how it makes you feel.

Yall would rather believe that UF gave this fvckin' kid $200,000 at the last minute than to believe that our staff blew the recruitment. (like that's a novel idea)

From a "source" that lives in Gainesville and is nothing more than a fan.

Vine Ok GIF

Believe what yall want. lol
Doesn't make a difference ultimately.

Some of you, especially those who’s opinions hold weight here, should be asking you that first question as well.

Happy thanksgiving to to you and yours.
I have no interest in squabbles. 99.999% of people on here take a jury's view. If it sounds good just go with it. That's fine too. Doesn't mean it's accurate. All the same it's not relevant. Be blessed brother. The world is a crazy place right now & unity will take us much further than dissent.

Advertisement
Saw Steffan Johnson (the QB, and other CB that plays for Venice (opposite Brantley)) just committed to Michigan State as well (had been CB'd to Rutgers). Shame Michigan St and Indiana are out recruiting Miami for Florida DBs.
Mel tuckers been successful in south Florida way before Michigan state. Also the other Venice cb had previous connections to msu

IMO, Banda took over corners. Banda offered the kid in Texas and if you peep Rumph’s Twitter account I haven’t seen any action from him since Pitt. I’m 100% okay if Banda dropped Burns, because Banda is our best defensive coach. He’s coached Redwine, Johnson, Carter and Jenkins and recruited Kinchens, Williams, and Avantae Williams. On top of that, Balom looks like a player and don’t forget about Jalen Harrell.
He is not the best defensive coach lmao

Agree with ALMOST everything you've said.

Elder is playing the majority of the game for the Panthers - we're in Nickel a lot. He's solid, if unspectacular.

For that to be the shining light of the University of Miami's NFL cornerbacks though is criminal.

Agree with ALMOST everything you've said.

Elder is playing the majority of the game for the Panthers - we're in Nickel a lot. He's solid, if unspectacular.

For that to be the shining light of the University of Miami's NFL cornerbacks though is criminal.
The last cb from Miami that were shining in the nfl were buchanon and rolle who played more safety than cb.in our history we haven't had many cb balled in the nfl,safetys it always been are bread and butter.

Advertisement
Back