Ivins: Now what on CB's

So it wasn’t just UF swooping in at the last minute with bags with Marshall?
That's the ALL TOO COMMON narrative being painted by our fans because they're sour.
Had nothing to do with bags.

Our staff straight-up did something that Marshall told them not to do and ruined the kid's moment.
This is no surprise because most of them have VERY LITTLE ability to relate to kids.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The more people I speak to who are close to Miami football, the more I find out that we have inner problems. (particularly on the defensive side of the ball)

You guys don't like to hear it because it's your beloved program and we're "7-1 bro!" and I understand that. It's just weird to me how some of you will eat-up ANYTHING positive regardless of who it comes from and shun anything negative (even if it comes from someone with inside knowledge). It's like hearing that your chick is fvckin' another dude behind your back, from a reliable source, but you refuse to believe it because you love the *****. Don't be that guy.

Me personally...I've given yall both positive news and negative news over the years. Any time I get any info I share it.
If it's positive, yall eat it up and hit the like button a hundred times.
If it's negative, I get **** on, called bitter and an "unqualified high school slapd!ck coach with a grudge" or whatever else yall come up with. LOL

When I shared the Nike Coaching Clinic crash party I was "Macho da gawd".
But when I told yall about the negative experience I had at a UM coaching clinic/social and how their staff wouldn't even acknowledge me despite being a lead coach at a major school, I was "bitter" and upset that I didn't get my dingaling stroked.

So with that said, some of us who hear inside information may be reluctant to share it at times because some of yall are simply too emotional and can't handle hearing negative news about your beloved Miami Hurricanes. What some of yall don't realize is that we want Miami to be good just as much as yall do! IF NOT MORE! Because some of us are vested in one way or another! (I've got kids there)
When I hear negative info about our staff, it's disappointing. You guys don't hear about the **** that goes on behind the scenes so it's all sunshine and rainbows for yall! People who hear inside info have a completely different outlook.
You guys get excited about James Williams, but I know that we almost botched that recruitment.
You guys clown Rumph for not having any CB's aboard, but I know that his hands are tied and our defensive staff had Marshall committed but blew it.

There's plenty of stuff I hear that's very disappointing and lets me know that it's straight-up amateur hour down in Coral Gables, but yall don't wanna hear that ****.
It's crazy to me though, because how in the world does THIS staff deserve any benefit of the doubt? When you look at our defensive staff in particular, what about their resumes tells you that they deserve our trust? LOL. Be for real!
I’ll speak for every non mouth breather here we love ur info good or bad. I don’t crush guys for giving us the insight. I would love to know more about how trash this staff is bc I’m super curious. I just like a Diaz and thinks he’s such a nerd and he has that feeling I mean hopefully since they are a young staff they figure it out but I have doubts about that

I’ll speak for every non mouth breather here we love ur info good or bad. I don’t crush guys for giving us the insight. I would love to know more about how trash this staff is bc I’m super curious. I just like a Diaz and thinks he’s such a nerd and he has that feeling I mean hopefully since they are a young staff they figure it out but I have doubts about that
It ain't like I only share negative info though. I share anything positive I come across as well.

I just want that to be known. I'm not trying to "throw shade" at Miami in any way.

That's the ALL TOO COMMON narrative being painted by our fans because they're sour.
Had nothing to do with bags.

Our staff straight-up did something that Marshall told them not to do and ruined the kid's moment.
This is no surprise because most of them have VERY LITTLE ability to relate to kids.
Hahahaha I figured going to Twitter with the earth exploding was on of the Many reasons he chose UF how dumb of a person do u have to be to do it after the kid told u don’t do it. God I hate our coaches they’re such losers. You don’t have to be on ******* Twitter to get kids mane. Just win and they will come instead they’re ***gots

@dsddcane and @Coach Macho you both have a better understanding of exactly what plagues us as a program and frankly it’s depressing. My question is this. While it’s easy to chalk it up to being the politicians son, is it really just politics when it comes to Mandy winning the off season? Come Feb he seems to adapt, thrive etc, but then it’s complete regression the more ball we play. Is it just that when pressed he turtles up and trusts his yes men? Or is that we are actively part of his growing pains as a coach (which suck but a situation we put ourselves into when begging the future Temple head coach) I rather the latter but fear the former.

Advertisement
It ain't like I only share negative info though. I share anything positive I come across as well.

I just want that to be known. I'm not trying to "throw shade" at Miami in any way.
We know also part of it is that you actually know it Xs and Os too. Too many idiots on here don’t understand what is actually going on from play to play I appreciate all the good bad and indifferent posters bring. I’ll say it thank you Coach macho haha

Hahahaha I figured going to Twitter with the earth exploding was on of the Many reasons he chose UF how dumb of a person do u have to be to do it after the kid told u don’t do it. God I hate our coaches they’re such losers. You don’t have to be on ******* Twitter to get kids mane. Just win and they will come instead they’re ***gots

I'm sure kids are making life altering choices because of twitter

@dsddcane and @Coach Macho you both have a better understanding of exactly what plagues us as a program and frankly it’s depressing. My question is this. While it’s easy to chalk it up to being the politicians son, is it really just politics when it comes to Mandy winning the off season? Come Feb he seems to adapt, thrive etc, but then it’s complete regression the more ball we play. Is it just that when pressed he turtles up and trusts his yes men? Or is that we are actively part of his growing pains as a coach (which suck but a situation we put ourselves into when begging the future Temple head coach) I rather the latter but fear the former.
I think people forget(it should be obvious anytime people hear him speak)manny isn't a football guy. He's a football fan. Big difference between the two. I guess u could call it growing pains. But at this point it's simple perspective. He wins the offseasons because he knows what players and fans want to hear. He struggles in season because it's all about action not perception.

I'm sure kids are making life altering choices because of twitter
You would be surprised how many people let social media make decisions for them. Also if the kid told them not to do it before he can announce then yea he will burn us for the coaches he followed his request

Advertisement
DSD.some of these clueless people here are just young cats who started watching the canes the last 10 or so years and have never seen a dominant canes team except for youtube classics.We're 7-1 and that's all they care about,they're happy and don't care about all the problems old timers like us see.Time will tell but like you I don't see this ending well.
You all probably moped back then about Dorseys weak arm.

You think you are smart and know everything, guess what: You are just pessimistic because things arent the way they have been 20 years ago and you cannot handle the fact that this wont be repeated. Anything below the standard of 20 years ago is a failure to your eyes.

So stop excusing your insufferable bull**** with "We are old, we know it".

Macho - I didn’t read through the whole thing former CFB player but grew a huge UM fan all my life

Chose D2 football over scholarships in education for UF and FSU because I couldn’t afford UM

I’m close with a lot of coaches in Hillsborough Country but I don’t bring information here for that reason, that and most of it sadly is for the the schools I hate

I think people forget(it should be obvious anytime people hear him speak)manny isn't a football guy. He's a football fan. Big difference between the two. I guess u could call it growing pains. But at this point it's simple perspective. He wins the offseasons because he knows what players and fans want to hear. He struggles in season because it's all about action not perception.

He also is a coach learning on the job I think that’s the biggest thing but he can and imo has improved and of course has a long way to go...there’s not that many coaches who don’t struggle throughout the season...there’s only 2/3 great ones right now and the other guys are overrated or always choke somewhere along with far more resources than Miami...I look at all of that

Advertisement
Ok., so we have what’s commonly referred to as “revisionist history”. The Marshall told the coaches not to specifically ruin his moment is straight up laughable. However, the tweets and noise before the set time for he announcement did ruin it. I’ll post what happened that day and you can decide who’s now trying to cover their *** and save face.
Fact: A commitment time was set
Fact: Marshall had leaked it himself the night before and a LOT of people knew
Fact: Twitter was blowing up
Fact: Manny tweeted
Fact: Wait for it.... WHAT NOT ONE “insider” has posted
Nick Saben called to ask Marshall to not commit to Miami and give him a chance to make his case one last time.
Fact: His coach wanted him at UF and “advised” him to wait and hear what they had to say/offer
Fact: UF got word and made a better offer too.
Fact: If it wasn’t out there, he’d be a Cane.
Manny’s tweet didn’t cause Marshall to not commit. It was one of bunch of domino’s that fell. Miami insiders, fans and friends as a collective let the information get out and we lost him. Everyone, not just our staff, blew it.

Now which story makes more sense? Would he stayed committed to UM? Not if this offer eventually came in, but that day he’d be a Cane.

If you don’t want to believe that I don’t care, but that’s from Miami’s side and the gator side. As I’ve posted I live in Gainesville and have a very good friend who’s father is a bull gator. He knew the day of the commitment and bragged to me they got him. I passed it on.

I’m not going to argue or call people out , this is just fact.

Last edited:
Ok., so we have what’s commonly referred to as “revisionist history”. The Marshall told the coaches not to specifically ruin his moment is straight up laughable. However, the tweets and noise before the set time for he announcement did ruin it. I’ll post what happened that day and you can decide who’s now trying to cover their *** and save face.
Fact: A commitment time was set
Fact: Marshall had leaked it himself the night before and a LOT of people knew
Fact: Twitter was blowing up
Fact: Manny tweeted
Fact: Wait for it.... WHAT NOT ONE “insider” has posted
Nick Saben called to ask Marshall to not commit to Miami and give him a chance to make his case one last time.
Fact: His coach wanted him at UF and “advised” him to wait and hear what they had to say/offer
Fact: UF got word and made a better offer too.
Fact: If it wasn’t out there, he’d be a Cane.
Manny’s tweet didn’t cause Marshall to not commit. It was one of bunch of domino’s that fell. Miami insiders, fans and friends as a collective let the information get out and we lost him. Everyone, not just our staff, blew it.

Now which story makes more sense?

If you don’t want to believe that I don’t care, but that’s from Miami’s side and the gator side. As I’ve posted I live in Gainesville and have a very good friend who’s father is a bull gator. He knew the day of the commitment and bragged to me they got him. I passed it on.

I’m not going to argue or call people out , this is just fact.

Sorry, if Marshall changed schools cause his "moment" was ruined, that is plain embarrassing for him and anyone advising him.

Sorry, if Marshall changed schools cause his "moment" was ruined, that is plain embarrassing for him and anyone advising him.
200 k + tends to change things.

If you’ve been around recruiting it’s beyond obvious what happened. It’s pretty self explanatory. What makes sense? Lol.

That’s all I need to say.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's obviously a different story. Certainly not what other supposed insiders are blaming it on.
I’ll trust Cribby who broke the “Marshall is committing today here” and “the we lost him” FIRST If anyone remembers, Cribby didn’t post Marshall by name either. Respect!!!!
FWIW I know for a FACT Cribby knew marshal was headed to UF BEFORE ANYONE in a 305 area code knew. ANYONE 🤔 If walls could talk...
He isn’t telling another man’s story

Cribby the 🐐

Lmao. Feel stupid about this hot take yet?

So while blaming a leak that's now been debunked while letting us know our staff can't relate to kids at all as we sit on a Top 10 class, you let us know you aren't here to throw shade.

Thanks for that.

Advertisement
Back