Ivins: “numbers situation”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only way the counters will change is if the SEC starts btching about it.Doubt the NCAA cares if The Miami’s of the world play with 70 or 50.
The interplay of the mew initial counter rule and the 85 man limit is a huge benefit to major resource programs with alumni who pay kids to stay in school.

The interplay of the mew initial counter rule and the 85 man limit is a huge benefit to major resource programs with alumni who pay kids to stay in school.

It’s also a lot easier for a state school to ask a kid to enroll and pay for a year ( oR the team pay) at say 25 grand than to ask a kids parents to pay 50-60 grand that it takes at say a Miami or Stanford.

If we have one spot left, gotta take a OT.

If we have two spots left, get a OT & a CB.

But question, is this just for Spring enrollees or will any Summer/Fall enrollees count towards the IC's as well?
So if I understand ur question correctly you’re referring to someone coming in after they graduate like the kid from Vandy or Stanford right? If they coming in after spring ball which year would they count towards the initial counters?

That’s a great question!!!! If we can count them towards next year we can take more. If you lose HS kids who could be in ur program for 4 years.

I don’t know the exact answer but that’s a great question

Advertisement
So if I understand ur question correctly you’re referring to someone coming in after they graduate like the kid from Vandy or Stanford right? If they coming in after spring ball which year would they count towards the initial counters?

That’s a great question!!!! If we can count them towards next year we can take more. If you lose HS kids who could be in ur program for 4 years.

I don’t know the exact answer but that’s a great question
That's what I was asking, if they count towards this year's IC if they're May graduates or Summer enrollees.

Basically, if they're saying we only have one IC left for Spring enrollment, then that means we could still add players that will count towards next year's IC because they're not enrolling until Summer-Fall sessions.

We had 13 EE's & 3 transfers plus a late signee in the WR from San Diego, which count towards the IC's we had from last year if I understand it correctly.

So all the kids who will enroll be they HS or Transfers from May-August count towards the next IC's & not the current counter.

Listening to stock and Ivins just furthers the point they truly don’t have any real sources and just spew regurgitated information.

Barry Jackson is better and that’s not saying a whole lot.

That's what I was asking, if they count towards this year's IC if they're May graduates or Summer enrollees.

Basically, if they're saying we only have one IC left for Spring enrollment, then that means we could still add players that will count towards next year's IC because they're not enrolling until Summer-Fall sessions.

We had 13 EE's & 3 transfers plus a late signee in the WR from San Diego, which count towards the IC's we had from last year if I understand it correctly.

So all the kids who will enroll be they HS or Transfers from May-August count towards the next IC's & not the current counter.
I’m under the impression that they would count towards this years ICs. We have 2 left if Moise doesn’t sign with us.

That’s what I think but I don’t know that for sure. Would be great if someone could clarify because it’s a great question.

They count against something. Either this years class or next years class but I don’t think there is any grace period anywhere where a transfer doesn’t count against your ICs
I think that's right and eventually you get burned by too many transfers. Ideally you need to redshirt 3-5 a year and take no more than 2-3 grad transfers per year.

Advertisement
Listening to stock and Ivins just furthers the point they truly don’t have any real sources and just spew regurgitated information.

Barry Jackson is better and that’s not saying a whole lot.

what did ivins say that was wrong bout the counters? i listened to hs podcast with lake and nothing bout the counters were wrong

Advertisement
If we have one spot left, gotta take a OT.

If we have two spots left, get a OT & a CB.

But question, is this just for Spring enrollees or will any Summer/Fall enrollees count towards the IC's as well?

Agree. I might go 2 OTs if they are sold that Zion won’t be stronger and technically improved.

That doesn't matter you can only take 25 a calendar year. I don't know why this is still brought up so much. It's clear cut.

This is why our roster turnover and kids leaving early ***** us. We need the Juniors to return to get up near the roster limit.
I think the NCAA should rethink the 25 scholly limit if only because now with free agency, um the Portal, kids are leaving in droves and it would behoove them to allow some leeway if the school doesn’t go over the roster limit.

I think the NCAA should rethink the 25 scholly limit if only because now with free agency, um the Portal, kids are leaving in droves and it would behoove them to allow some leeway if the school doesn’t go over the roster limit.

I agree...but I think the only change you can make is simply just increasing it from 25 to something like 28 maybe. I think it has to stay black and white or schools will continue finding loopholes or 'creative solutions' to take more kids. I like the flat number because it keeps as level a playing field as possible.

Remember when Ole Miss (I think it was them) took something like 40 kids one year?

Advertisement
Back