Ivey BYKE

"T-Rob has taken Ivey under his wing this spring. I've heard from multiple people that T-Rob thinks he can be a first rounder" - DMoney again this off szn!
LMAO. He said it, man!

The problem with Ivey is that he is a practice player. His confidence sags in games and he doesn't tackle. If you're not a speedster (and he's not), you better be aggressive and physical. He only plays like that on Greentree.

Still rooting for the light to suddenly click like it has for some of our past seniors. He's a good kid.

Advertisement
1642093458105.gif

Advertisement
Good, for the sake of bodies on the roster. I won't criticize someone getting their degree here versus most likely being lost in portal purgatory.

Its either show out or get passed up, with this staff. Let's see what happens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well see if anything changes after spring. We're looking at portal CBs, recruiting/signed quality CBs, and still have young pups (like Marcus clarke) on the roster.

Advertisement
Ivey needs to play with aggression in tight man coverage to shine. He'll get beat sometimes and he makes some boneheaded plays but the athleticism is there and he can definitely deal with some physical receivers when he plays well. Hoping a new year with new defensive scheme can help him reach his ceiling.

Me thinks they know who the DC is going to be and want to play in the system.

Orrrrrr they’ve seen the **** show that is the transfer portal and what has happened the majority of the former players in it.

Clearly a lot of guys in this thread who have watched one too many romantic comedies with their wife/gf where some nerdy, unattractive girl takes off her glasses, brushes her hair and suddenly becomes a smoke show. But out here in the real world, TRob isn't Freddie Prinze, Jr. and DJ Ivey stays playing like the nerd on the left looks...

1642093905375.png

Advertisement
Back