Ivey and Baker in one tweet!

Advertisement
Doesn't matter who they march out there. They're telling them to play too soft. Noones going to look good. Its all bad coaching.

Williams got absolutely embarrassed in the game. Completely turned around on a slant in.

Like others said; the defensive staff have had more than enough time and this to show for it.
More like bad scheme. It's difficult to evaluate the coaching in a scheme that doesn't put people in a position to succeed. You need to have "Superman" skills.

Didn't Dono say about his scheme, "We account for every body". People criticized Shannon for the same thing. You needed a 2001-like roster to be successful. We know what happened as the talent moved on.

For everyone that keeps arguing about Ivey, can I ask you why this isn't the same scenario with Williams & Blades???

As I've been saying since last year, Ivey is our biggest liability in coverage, he's the weak link, the only reason he starts is because the staff defers to Upperclassmen because of their "experience".

I understand the tendency to wanna defend a player that's catching a lot of heat on the board from the fans, but this isn't a case of fans being unreasonable or overdoing it.
@Liberty City El

Were you the one that mentioned in another thread that Couch was best suited for covering the slot? If so, how does replacing Ivey with Couch improve us?

Also, you mention Williams vs Blades. What's the difference between the position Blades and Ivey plays (in terms of skill sets)? If he's up to it wouldn't it be better to switch Williams for Ivey?

Advertisement
More like bad scheme. It's difficult to evaluate the coaching in a scheme that doesn't put people in a position to succeed. You need to have "Superman" skills.

Didn't Dono say about his scheme, "We account for every body". People criticized Shannon for the same thing. You needed a 2001-like roster to be successful. We know what happened as the talent moved on.

I just wanna know if you're going to suck on Rumph's dyck forever, or just until he's unemployed?

Where is Christian Williams, the guy we stole from LSU? /s
We didn’t steal **** form LSU, dude didn’t have a commutable offer from them and as everyone could see the kid waited till the last minute for that LSU offer and when it didn’t come he fell back on Rumph. Smh that wasn’t a recruting win in any shape or form, if LSU wanted him he’d be in tiger stripes right now.

I rarely jump on our players, but Ivey technique and lack of effort has been pretty obvious since last year. The GT fake punt last year is Ivey's scarlet letter until he proves otherwise. That was one of the worst efforts I have ever seen in a football game; he literally stops 10 yards downfield and watches the backup WR score a TD:

One of the most embarrassing plays in Miami history for so many different reasons. We didn’t even line up to block the punt, we played the coverage.

I just wanna know if you're going to suck on Rumph's dyck forever, or just until he's unemployed?
It just too bad I'm not being judgmental. I'm still focusing on the fix for this year rather than whining like some petulant little girl. But then I understand it makes your miserable life feel better to belittle others. Living your life through college kids, is taking things too personal.

Advertisement
I'd love to see what Couch can do against Tutu.... I could also see him playing Smith one on one ..wouldn't necessarily like to see him vs 6'4 Fitzpatrick....

Couch got absolutely smoked on a play where we gave up like 30+ yards. Way worse than anything Ivey did. He ended up knocking ball out but we didn't recover it. At least Ivey was near his guy when he got beat. Not saying everybody doesn't get beat but this was really bad.
He got picked. Experience fixes the path he took. Nothing excuses the way Ivey gets beat. He’s literally the anticorner

C.Will is better right now. So is couch. I was just speaking directly about Ivey. Ivey just has no feel for the position
How do you know Williams is better? Real question. Is it you’ve seen practice or you’ve heard? Cause I ain’t seen anything in the game that says this

Stole? Like last minute stole?

Hard to say if LSU let that one go I don't know how that recruitment went but usually late additions at CB recently have been emergency back ups. His film looked good though
We didn’t steal **** form LSU, dude didn’t have a commutable offer from them and as everyone could see the kid waited till the last minute for that LSU offer and when it didn’t come he fell back on Rumph. Smh that wasn’t a recruting win in any shape or form, if LSU wanted him he’d be in tiger stripes right now.

I agree, that’s why I put /s for sarcasm. Rumph has to go.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El

Were you the one that mentioned in another thread that Couch was best suited for covering the slot? If so, how does replacing Ivey with Couch improve us?

Also, you mention Williams vs Blades. What's the difference between the position Blades and Ivey plays (in terms of skill sets)? If he's up to it wouldn't it be better to switch Williams for Ivey?
The boundary corner is always the closest to the sideline (an extra defender) your field corner is usually your best guy in coverage and he naturally has more field to cover because he’s on the wide side and covering number 1 guys

I have been really slow to pull the trigger on Rumph and still don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, but when we 'stole' Williams from Alabama, there had been a lot of talk about Alabama letting him go. That being said, the fact that they considered him originally and kept him that late, you would think he should be at least decent which would make you think he would be getting more playing time at least.
Didn't this same staff "steal" Dean from Bama also? Lol He was average at best here.

How do you know Williams is better? Real question. Is it you’ve seen practice or you’ve heard? Cause I ain’t seen anything in the game that says this
Just my opinion and the eye test. I’ve seen him in person but not this season. He was better about midway through the season last year IMO

Advertisement
and who’s fault is that? Who’s fault is it that he doesn’t have talent to coach up with his “supposed” great developing skills? Smh
Hey brother I’m with you lol I’m trying to avoid a rumph talk tho

@Liberty City El

He is best suited for Nickel Corner, but he can also play Outside as well if need be & in this situation it's need be.

Ivey is the Boundary corner he plays the closest to the sideline on the opposite side of the hashes, meaning he covers the Flanker. Blades is the Field corner & has to cover the XWR/WR1, meaning he has to cover the most space from the LOS. The Field CB is always your best cover corner & has the toughest job because they typically have less help & are usually facing the best WR on offense.

And yes, Ideally the perfect replacement for Ivey would be Christian Williams, but Baker doesn't have much confidence in him yet & it appears he's still behind in terms of understanding assignments before they'll put him on the field full time.

The reason why I want Couch to replace Ivey is because if they're not going to play Williams then there's literally no one else besides him, because neither of the TF's are ready either.

Advertisement
Back