Ivey and Baker in one tweet!

I thought the D was solid, above average and if this is going to be the reaction, then we are in for an unbearably long season on this board. It’s going to be this player sucks, that player sucks/fire this coach, fire that coach all day, every day.

Advertisement
He is best suited for Nickel Corner, but he can also play Outside as well if need be & in this situation it's need be.

Ivey is the Boundary corner he plays the closest to the sideline on the opposite side of the hashes, meaning he covers the Flanker. Blades is the Field corner & has to cover the XWR/WR1, meaning he has to cover the most space from the LOS. The Field CB is always your best cover corner & has the toughest job because they typically have less help & are usually facing the best WR on offense.

And yes, Ideally the perfect replacement for Ivey would be Christian Williams, but Baker doesn't have much confidence in him yet & it appears he's still behind in terms of understanding assignments before they'll put him on the field full time.

The reason why I want Couch to replace Ivey is because if they're not going to play Williams then there's literally no one else besides him, because neither of the TF's are ready either.

Thanks for breakdown. In terms of Louisville though - Tutu plays in the slot right? Do we not prefer just having Couch just follow this dude all game? Who would we line up on him? God forbid its Ivey or a Striker like Gil...

If it's the play I'm thinking of, I think he was following the crossing receiver and got picked by the TE.
Yep. Just rewatched and he got picked by TE. He ran him down and knocked the ball out with 6 canes around but guess who kicked ball out...Ivey. unreal.

Advertisement
More like bad scheme. It's difficult to evaluate the coaching in a scheme that doesn't put people in a position to succeed. You need to have "Superman" skills.

Didn't Dono say about his scheme, "We account for every body". People criticized Shannon for the same thing. You needed a 2001-like roster to be successful. We know what happened as the talent moved on.

That's the thing, you better be all world future NFL to produce at corner the way they were used this last game.

Ivey should be bodying people at the line. Same with Blades. They're both physical. On long yardage third down where there's a high probability of a pass, you take Ivey out unless you're still jamming at the line. That's where Couch steps in. Really, Ivey's frame suggests safety to me.

Couch, I can't say for sure, but is probably a liability if he's asked to get physical. He had a thin frame when he came. As a down the field corner, he should be good. What we're doing makes no sense to me at this time. Playing off to jump routes maybe, keep everything in front, who the **** knows.

Built like Antrell Rolle, plays like Carlos Armour. I kid, I kid

But what I wouldn't do to have a guy like Markese Fitzgerald or Marcus Maxey right now on the roster. ...
Right - theses guys that you took for granted (or at least I did) b/c of all the ridiculous talent just before/during/after them.

Ivey already having nightmares about Trevor Lawrence. He might throw 4 TDs to Ivey’s side. Any decent QB will expose him, but Lawrence might end the kids career as a starter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We didn’t steal **** form LSU, dude didn’t have a commutable offer from them and as everyone could see the kid waited till the last minute for that LSU offer and when it didn’t come he fell back on Rumph. Smh that wasn’t a recruting win in any shape or form, if LSU wanted him he’d be in tiger stripes right now.

Trash Rumph all day, but to lie you piece of s**t I hate fans like you. Dude could've went to Bama or LSU.

Nobody has 10 corners that can play and it doesn’t matter how good you recruit the position. Bama has had several highly ranked corners not do anything there
But we don't even have 10 corners period. Maybe if we did we could accidentally stumble into a handful being good

Advertisement
no team only has 3 CB they can run out after having the same defensive staff for 4 ******* years!!!! That’s awful and people need to be fired after this season .
Sunk cost fallacy. Fire Rumph now and hire a real coach. We have time to swing 2021 cbs like Marshall now

BD70D635-26E8-4A3C-8D72-3B0A049DF158.png

Crazy how all off season all I heard was how good this defense was. And if we had an offense that could score more then thirty points we would win a ton of games. That exact thing happens game one and everybody is now *****ing about how bad the defense is. Bro this place is nuts man.

Advertisement
Back