Ivey and Baker in one tweet!

CIS going to blow up IF Ivey keeps starting and people keep coming back to this empty coaching speech in forma of a tweet
I have to agree. Was listening to a podcast on the way in from vacation today and was wondering if the coaches would trust the better player or the older player to cover tutu. I think it should be couch but if he fails, coach gone be looking crazy. But the whole “same as every week” schit is a bs answer.

Advertisement
If only Bandy hadn’t left to go undrafted.
I believe if Bandy had stayed it would have made him a better player, and a much better catch for the NFL......hindsight is 20/20, but for some of our Canes it looks like a golden slipper that turns into a ****.......a **** shame...

On our part as Canes, we need to grow these players, and the Coaches need to develop them, so they can see their worth down the line, long term gain, not a short term loss..............that is what Alabama and Clemson is doing, and reaping the benefits....

For everyone that keeps arguing about Ivey, can I ask you why this isn't the same scenario with Williams & Blades???

As I've been saying since last year, Ivey is our biggest liability in coverage, he's the weak link, the only reason he starts is because the staff defers to Upperclassmen because of their "experience".

I understand the tendency to wanna defend a player that's catching a lot of heat on the board from the fans, but this isn't a case of fans being unreasonable or overdoing it.

I agree.

There's a real problem with Ivey from a technique standpoint. he has all the measurables. if you just looked at him now by the numbers, height, speed, range, you'd say: that's an NFL corner.

But as we know, looking good in your underwear does not make you an all-american.

When you have a player with the physical skills who just doesn't "get it," the unfortunate answer is that (as my old coach used to say):

"there's a problem either with what's behind the ribcage, or above the teeth."

I also have a real issue with always defaulting to "seniority." Especially in the college game, if you need to, there are some things you can do to protect a less experienced player. As El knows, things you can do with combo coverages, or rotation, or movement or alignment can help a player if they don't have the experience you'd like. Just so long as they are talented and have the skills, you can "game coach them up" provided there are certain (even if limited) packages and coverage techniques you can simply rely upon them to execute well. The problem is, it's much harder to protect a guy that is not as skilled in the first place and keeps showing the same limitations. that's when the system breaks down.

To me, that describes the Ivey/Couch situation. Admittedly, there is only so much we can evaluate when you are not in the meeting rooms, and not standing on the practice field. You just have to go with what you see on tape. So, unless a coach comes out and tells me my thesis is wrong, based on what my own eyes tell me, i'm pretty sure i'm right.

Advertisement
We didn’t steal **** form LSU, dude didn’t have a commutable offer from them and as everyone could see the kid waited till the last minute for that LSU offer and when it didn’t come he fell back on Rumph. Smh that wasn’t a recruting win in any shape or form, if LSU wanted him he’d be in tiger stripes right now.
Lsu did want him and he had a offer. And lsu coaches thought he was coming

He is best suited for Nickel Corner, but he can also play Outside as well if need be & in this situation it's need be.

Ivey is the Boundary corner he plays the closest to the sideline on the opposite side of the hashes, meaning he covers the Flanker. Blades is the Field corner & has to cover the XWR/WR1, meaning he has to cover the most space from the LOS. The Field CB is always your best cover corner & has the toughest job because they typically have less help & are usually facing the best WR on offense.

And yes, Ideally the perfect replacement for Ivey would be Christian Williams, but Baker doesn't have much confidence in him yet & it appears he's still behind in terms of understanding assignments before they'll put him on the field full time.

The reason why I want Couch to replace Ivey is because if they're not going to play Williams then there's literally no one else besides him, because neither of the TF's are ready either.
Whats up,@Liberty City El, I have a question for Baker then, God forbid if Ivey gets hurt on a play who does Baker have, to replace him for the rest of the game?

Advertisement
That doesn't necessarily mean they didn't think he can't play. Maybe that got a late commit from someone higher on their board. I'm not saying one way or another. What's important is how he looks here.
Sorry, I probably didn't make that clear. One one hand I am saying that Alabama saw something that made them want to move; that something might have been him or potentially just another better option came along. On the other hand, the fact that they identified him, let him commit and stuck with him pretty late in the process suggests to me that he should at least be serviceable.

Basically I think Rumph got too much credit for 'stealing' a highly ranked recruit from Alabama, but that being said I still expected more by now.

1600119456191.png

Advertisement
Ivey isn't Deon Sanders, but he isn't nearly as bad as some of our fans are making him out to be. As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle. He has a lot of tools but he needs to play with more confidence and awareness. I'm not writing him off yet.

Advertisement
Yikes he doesn’t even mention Williams. So we have 3 total CB that the coaches are willing to run out there. What a **** show and this is why Rumph takes heat on the recruiting threads. Inexcusable.

View attachment 130213
He’s gonna get more **** on the coaching threads if he doesn’t get them to turn their heads. The Corn Elder wave has subsided.

Will it bounce off the back of his helmet and like the JFK Zapruder film deflect off the receivers face mask and into Ivey's left hand? "Back and to the left, back and to the left".
I saw "JFK" in a packed theater.
Got there late and had to sit in thee front row.
That Zapruder clip in the movie is shown over and over again...up close.
There it was, a 10 foot tall brain explosion right in front of me.

Advertisement
Back