Ivey and Baker in one tweet!

Advertisement
Lol Williams is a Sophomore calm the **** down... They aren’t going to just not play Ivey. Couch is the 3rd corner, him and Ivey will compete for the starting job Saturday. That’s how it works. Doesn’t mean Williams won’t play just not inline to start.
What does his class have to do with it?

Where is Christian Williams, the guy we stole from LSU? /s
Stole? Like last minute stole?

Hard to say if LSU let that one go I don't know how that recruitment went but usually late additions at CB recently have been emergency back ups. His film looked good though

Advertisement
Doesn't matter who they march out there. They're telling them to play too soft. Noones going to look good. Its all bad coaching.

Williams got absolutely embarrassed in the game. Completely turned around on a slant in.

Like others said; the defensive staff have had more than enough time and this to show for it.

From the Sun Sentinel article.

Hurricanes defensive coordinator Blake Baker indicated sophomore cornerback Te’Cory Couch could challenge junior starters Al Blades Jr. and DJ Ivey. Ivey gave up UM’s first touchdown on Thursday when he got turned around in coverage on Blazers receiver Austin Watkins Jr.
“I feel good about putting any of those three out there,” Baker said. “I think it’s an open competition this week — and it’s like that every week. I think Te’Cory Couch can definitely challenge to see who trots out there first.”

Couch did get into the game early on Thursday and starts on Miami’s third-down package

Baker labeled UM’s cornerback play in Thursday’s opener “average.”

Nobody has 10 corners that can play and it doesn’t matter how good you recruit the position. Bama has had several highly ranked corners not do anything there
Beast doesn't understand this. The scariest softest dude on CIS always has something to say. Lol He thinks every problem has 5 all conference corners. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Advertisement
Doesn't matter who they march out there. They're telling them to play too soft. Noones going to look good. Its all bad coaching.

Williams got absolutely embarrassed in the game. Completely turned around on a slant in.

Like others said; the defensive staff have had more than enough time and this to show for it.
Yup.. I don't know why they have blades doing press man and he doesn't press anybody

I rarely jump on our players, but Ivey technique and lack of effort has been pretty obvious since last year. The GT fake punt last year is Ivey's scarlet letter until he proves otherwise. That was one of the worst efforts I have ever seen in a football game; he literally stops 10 yards downfield and watches the backup WR score a TD:

Advertisement
Advertisement
I got this from Chipcane on another board. Not sure the original source. But he reports that snap counts against UAB were:

CB: Ivey 54 snaps
Blades 49 snaps
Couch 29 snaps
C. Williams 8 snaps

So... what are everyone's predictions on the snap counts against UL? Does Ivey move from #1 to #3, with Blades and Couch sharing the field more often? Does Williams get a lot more reps in? Do either of the freshmen, Clarke or Dunson, see the field at all? I'm a little shocked they didn't even get brought in for the last series.

I really like Couch.....he was originally committed to Michigan & I trust Don Brown and Mike Zordich's defensive evaluations, but he looks like he weighs 155 he ain't getting physical with anything

I am missing something as to the reactions on this thread.
1. everyone on here was disappointed with Ivey’s play on Saturday,
2. The DC says we are looking to start Couch over Ivey
3. #2 is what EVERYONE has been asking for and yet
4. People are CHOOSING to be upset at the DC for doing what all of us want!

CONCLUSION
5. many posters on this board either just love to ***** and complain, or
6. Many posters on this board are schizophrenic

i’m going with schizo. my advice-chill out and appreciate that the defensive coaches are willing to play a sophomore over an upper classman.
and understand that this will send a message to Blades that he will be the next to be replaced if his play doesn’t improve.

Advertisement
Back