Ivey and Baker in one tweet!

I am missing something as to the reactions on this thread.
1. everyone on here was disappointed with Ivey’s play on Saturday,
2. The DC says we are looking to start Couch over Ivey
3. #2 is what EVERYONE has been asking for and yet
4. People are CHOOSING to be upset at the DC for doing what all of us want!

CONCLUSION
5. many posters on this board either just love to ***** and complain, or
6. Many posters on this board are schizophrenic

i’m going with schizo. my advice-chill out and appreciate that the defensive coaches are willing to play a sophomore over an upper classman.
and understand that this will send a message to Blades that he will be the next to be replaced if his play doesn’t improve.
Who’s complaining about Ivey being replaced???

Advertisement
Who’s complaining about Ivey being replaced???
They are complaining;
”what about Williams”
”blades technique is incorrect”
”we’ll never be good with Baker¥

so even when people potentially get the result they want, they still use the forum as an opportunity to ***** about things that are unrelated to Couch possibly starting over Ivey. It’s like complaining upon receiving a piece of candy that you want 2 pieces of candy.

OP checks notes to confirm:

-Game one
-Miami D with 7 true points allowed
-UAB 3-15 on third down
-UAB less than 300 yards total offense
-UAB one drive more than 35 yards
-Miami wins and covers

All stats confirmed. Please proceed.
But d0n’t you know that UM should have:
1. Shut out UAB
2. Scored 40+
3. Thrown for over 300 yards
4. Rushed for over 400 yards
5. Racked up 8 sacks

They are complaining;
”what about Williams”
”blades technique is incorrect”
”we’ll never be good with Baker¥

so even when people potentially get the result they want, they still use the forum as an opportunity to ***** about things that are unrelated to Couch possibly starting over Ivey. It’s like complaining upon receiving a piece of candy that you want 2 pieces of candy.
Because RUMPH sucks!!!! And everyone knows it.

Advertisement
Couch got absolutely smoked on a play where we gave up like 30+ yards. Way worse than anything Ivey did. He ended up knocking ball out but we didn't recover it. At least Ivey was near his guy when he got beat. Not saying everybody doesn't get beat but this was really bad.

CONCLUSION

i’m going with schizo. my advice-chill out and appreciate that the defensive coaches are willing to play a sophomore over an upper classman.
and understand that this will send a message to Blades that he will be the next to be replaced if his play doesn’t improve.
Except they didn't say they'd start Couch over Ivey, just that it was a competition.

The pups here gotta have a chew toy or they start on your shoes and furniture.

Advertisement
Couch got absolutely smoked on a play where we gave up like 30+ yards. Way worse than anything Ivey did. He ended up knocking ball out but we didn't recover it. At least Ivey was near his guy when he got beat. Not saying everybody doesn't get beat but this was really bad.
He got picked by a receiver crossing. He didn't get ran by or give up multiple catches

CONCLUSION

7. Many posters on this board are trolls not canes fans.

Instead of the usual “coach speak” and trying to be motivational, the coaches should come right out and say so and so sucks. That’ll get the guys fired a up and motivated to work harder.

Advertisement
0DE39F50-5E51-406F-BD76-9A72DF88C290.jpeg

He got picked by a receiver crossing. He didn't get ran by or give up multiple catches

I saw that, too. But that is part of field awareness and experience. You don't want to rip and replace until Couch doesn't get washed out like that.

BTW, I love Couch and expect him to take the spot from Ivey. The question isn't if, it's when. How quickly will he add to his snap count. I personally expect him to get an extra 10 snaps this game vs. UAB to be roughly the same number as Ivey, most likely a few less. I don't expect him to be that clear #1 until/unless Ivey gets smoked a couple more times.

Ivey with a big pick-6 Saturday night.
You heard it here first.

Will it bounce off the back of his helmet and like the JFK Zapruder film deflect off the receivers face mask and into Ivey's left hand? "Back and to the left, back and to the left".

Advertisement
I have been really slow to pull the trigger on Rumph and still don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, but when we 'stole' Williams from Alabama, there had been a lot of talk about Alabama letting him go. That being said, the fact that they considered him originally and kept him that late, you would think he should be at least decent which would make you think he would be getting more playing time at least.
That doesn't necessarily mean they didn't think he can't play. Maybe that got a late commit from someone higher on their board. I'm not saying one way or another. What's important is how he looks here.

Advertisement
Back