Ivan McCartney Update

Miami doesn't take WVU transfers. Miami sends transfers to WVU. don't want. Lets use the ship on a guy who can be here for 4 years as we head into scholarship reductions.

Lol WVU would hang 70 on our defense. Their wr's would light our secondary up. Sign him up. We need upperclassmen talent in the worst way

Advertisement
Miami doesn't take WVU transfers. Miami sends transfers to WVU. don't want. Lets use the ship on a guy who can be here for 4 years as we head into scholarship reductions.

Lol WVU would hang 70 on our defense. Their wr's would light our secondary up. Sign him up. We need upperclassmen talent in the worst way

What's your point?. In an offense that throws 50 times a game, Sticks was able to catch 9 balls in 8 games as a Jr and then quit the team.

What's your point?. In an offense that throws 50 times a game, Sticks was able to catch 9 balls in 8 games as a Jr and then quit the team.
\

how much catches did our best wr had the year before last year (Tommy Streeter) I'll hang up and listen.....

dude was hurt..then in the doghouse and quite frankly didnt want to be there....they had already posted that he was a um transfer in the spring of 2011.

Pretty much a moot point (and 8 pages of it, at that). No idea where Underwood has his info from, but I would put the chances of this happening at under 0.1 %. Personally I would love Sticks to be a Cane, but if you can´t see why this isn´t going to happen then you have not really been following Golden´s Hurricanes.

Advertisement
Thanks, Cameron. I just don't think that UM would take him. They have a limited number of spots and won't use one of those precious scholarships on IM, IMO. I think that they would take another DL or LB/S instead.

My point is they clearly have players we could use on our team. Lol at not accepting WVU transfers

My point is they clearly have players we could use on our team. Lol at not accepting WVU transfers

Kids that choose to go to WVU b/c the academics are less strict is all I need to know.

Next.

It not about accepting transfers. It's about accepting a guy who didn't work hard, got passed over and then quit the team. None of that sounds like a Golden guy. I don't think he ever suits up for Miami.

Advertisement
I don't either but where is the proof of it working hard? Did I miss that? His soph highlights are nice and would really stretch the field for us. Jmo

Not accepting wvu transfers because its wvu is ridiculous. In the last ten years, wvu has far and away been a more successful program than we have. This isn't 1988.

Not accepting wvu transfers because its wvu is ridiculous. In the last ten years, wvu has far and away been a more successful program than we have. This isn't 1988.

Depends on the kid. Ivan had his chance, and chose WVU, then quit on his team. WR isnt a huge need especially with AJL enrolling in January. U think this kid is needed?

Advertisement
Pretty much a moot point (and 8 pages of it, at that). No idea where Underwood has his info from, but I would put the chances of this happening at under 0.1 %. Personally I would love Sticks to be a Cane, but if you can´t see why this isn´t going to happen then you have not really been following Golden´s Hurricanes.

This he gets it...I watched Sticks last year, his speed and agility is vastly overrated. He isnt that fast and he kind of lumbers when he runs. Rashawn Scott is faster than he is and more fluid. Only things I like about sticks he has good hands good awareness of tracking the ball in the air and he can go up and get it. He definiitely has better hands than Scott and Dorsett

=McCartney’s future status uncertain at WVU
By Bob Hertzel
Times West Virginian The Times West Virginian Sun Aug 05, 2012, 05:02 AM EDT

MORGANTOWN — Because he has been consistently inconsistent in football and the classroom, West Virginia University wide receiver Ivan McCartney’s place on this season’s team is in jeopardy.

A cousin of flamboyant professional Chad Johnson (Ochocinco), McCartney’s football abilities are unquestioned, but his approach to getting the most out of them has made him a perplexing problem for the coaching staff.

In fact, it would seem from what offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson and quarterback Geno Smith said this week, that he is one of the four or so players who are facing academic problems as summer school comes to an end with their eligibility in question at the moment.

“He’s just an inconsistent guy right now. Not just in football, but a lot of aspects of life. Grades, academics, that comes first, and that’s why right now he’s in the situation he’s in,” Dawson said when he was brought up on Saturday.

Smith had hinted at the same thing during Friday’s interviews after coach Dana Holgorsen refused to allow McCartney to be interviewed by the media.

“We have seen flashes from him,” Smith said. “The thing with him is not talent. It’s his consistency. I’ve preached to him in order to be a great player you have to be consistently great. You can’t be good and then bad. If you weigh it out it is average. It’s all based on his work ethic.”

With questions about his eligibility, he hasn’t been getting the reps he needs to reach the level he should be playing at.

“We’re not going to waste reps on a guy when we don’t know know if he’s going to be eligible or not,” Dawson said. “Right now, he’s not doing anything. Basically, he’s done nothing. Does he have the talent? Yes, he does. My challenge to him would just be — he has to be more consistent and all that, but he’s got to be more consistent in a couple aspects of life in general.”

“It’s all down to him. He has it in him,” Smith said. “We wouldn’t have recruited him if he didn’t. He was one of the top guys coming out of high school. He has the ability. He just has to use it on the field and be more consistent.”

Holgorsen indicated there could be other academic problems coming.

“Guys are still in school, and they still have another week of school. There are a couple of guys that need to finish strong from an academic standpoint. That could happen, but if we retained all of our guys and signed all of our guys, we’d be in much better shape than we were last year. I’m not prepared to say that yet, because three or four guys won’t make it, and there are a handful of guys still taking classes,” the coach said.

/End thread he doesnt get it he wont be here Cameron has no clue what he is talking about

Advertisement
Camerons a homer. He just wants him here badly.

Killa Cam is a homer, BUT...he's also got sources on stuff like this.

Again, in a discussion about football, a majority of the folks on here are oblivious to the human element of football. Everyone is saying "he had his chance!" and "he couldn't make it at WVU!"...I mean, has anyone here been somewhere they didn't like or made a mistake in going? Most human's have in their day, whether work or a relationship, etc...and when it happens, before it is too late, you try and make things right. It seems that is what Sticks is doing...trying to go somewhere where he wants to go and will be productive before it is too late. I think Sticks coming "home" would be a huge motivator for him in all aspects of his life. I kind of want to see what Sticks at Miami would look like, I think (more, hope) to see a guy that really comes into his own with that second chance. He's got all of the talent in the world.

Advertisement
Back