Ivan McCartney Update

Unbelievable that this topic has 6 pages. Have not read one, but I assume the discussion is about when and how can UM land him? Hmm, it's not going to happen. The guy is a quitter. Golden is not going to waste his time, energy and a 'ship on him.

Just move on...

Advertisement
what evidence do you have that sticks would be our best receiver?

none

I don't know whether he is motivated or not therefore I can't guarantee that he would be our best receiver. I do know that he would be our most talented receiver though.

now if Willis Wright wanted to transfer to UM, I would be down

Willis >>> IMac

Willis is a safer pick so I agree.

Advertisement
Physically sticks looks better than any receiverw we have. He'd be a huge addition

I don't know where I stand with this kid, but if the staff feels he can contribute then..........

One thing lost in all of this is this is another example of how our talent has dropped and how delusional our fan base is in regards to our talent. Our receiving Corp is one the only bright sides we have had this year, so if a kid that couldnt cut it at WVU as an upperclassman can come here and be the best we have, then that is alarming.

Add me to your list, Larry. I'm on board. I want talent. This kid can play.

I saw him hanging out with Tracy Howard and Malcolm Lewis at the scrimmage that UM played this past offseason in Hialeah. Dude has great size. I've never seen Scott in person, but this guy is bigger than Hurns, Dorsett, Waters, and Lewis.

Good point. He looks like he's put on 20 since high school in the right spots.

I still pass but its not a no-brainer. There's obviously a lot to like about him.

Advertisement
You know what? You ******* talk too much.

YOU'RE ON THE LIST, BUDDY.

You got nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada. Paper champion talking that talk.

What can IMac do for you? (serious question)

For real...

Who is our quarterback and what does he do?

His name is Stephen Morris, and ol boy is a chucker. Sticks can get down field.

It's just not the time. We've got the horses right now (if Scott is in)

I dunno about all that. I like our group of wide receivers, but its an inconsistent unit.

I'm also not saying Sticks comes in and is our #1, but I think he can be productive here.

He's got to prove himself a in regards to working hard and being all-in (something he didn't do at WVU)...I think you got a guy that realizes he made a mistake in college choices and wants to correct it. Can't hate on that.

I'm going to be really real. Golden has made a TON of roster/recruiting decisions since the moment he got here. Some make sense immediately, some took a bit of time but for the most part he is on point. His plan works.

I look at our group and think about adding a healthy Malc, and AJL and can't help but wonder if the scholly is best used on say, another RB?

Really can't be upset about adding more weapons though, especially at a position that's been so bizarrely recruited.

JHall: I disagree that we "got the horses." Against good competition, this WR crew did not play well. I like our group overall but we don't have a #1 WR, IMO. Dorsett has had a great year, but he's small and isn't particularly elusive. I don't think Sticks becomes a #1, but this WR crew can be infused with talent, IMO.

Also, as to your point about using scholly on a RB ... let's think about who our OC is and what he likes to do, because Fisch isn't "power run" mentality OC, so why not cater to the offensive style that he is geared to run.

**** another rb or ol...when Spurrier jr. wants to chunk it.........

Bring in Sticks....
-Kid got hurt...got in the doghouse at wvu..coaches didnt think he was as hurt as he said...a guy passed him on depth chart...i dont think he was happy their ne way..(everytime he came down he was attending scrimmages or practices etc..hes bff's with ryan williams) it happens...we saw it with Streeter...kid couldnt even see the field here...then poof...hes in the nfl.

-He's a downfield threat....he has YAC ability...quite frankly imo...we dont have alot of guys with yac abilty..Phil Dorsett included...Malcolm Lewis was about to be that guy,,,Rayshawn Scott isnt...Hurns is a possession guy... Sticks can go deep..also can take a hitch the distance or pick up extra yards.

-he played in a pass happy offense an can run the whole route tree....he also had a productive year already.

-He's on his last legs..kinda think he always wanted to be here...plus he MAY have only 2 yrs left..and the light might be on for him to turn it around...add to it MCDONALD MAY BE OUR BEST OVERALL COACH.

THE positives outweigh the negatives.....even if he takes up a scholly for one year or two (dont know how its possible).....

Herb Waters has impressed us this year....dude is Herb Waters on steroids.....LETS GET IT

Advertisement
JHall: I disagree that we "got the horses." Against good competition, this WR crew did not play well. I like our group overall but we don't have a #1 WR, IMO. Dorsett has had a great year, but he's small and isn't particularly elusive. I don't think Sticks becomes a #1, but this WR crew can be infused with talent, IMO.

Also, as to your point about using scholly on a RB ... let's think about who our OC is and what he likes to do, because Fisch isn't "power run" mentality OC, so why not cater to the offensive style that he is geared to run.

I guess that's my point though that I don't see Sticks standing out in our group. I think we already have a few guys that are as good as him so I think its best used elsewhere.

Maybe horses wasn't the best word.

Gogeta you bring up a good point about his attitude and work ethic questions. I mean its easy to criticize but if the kid wasn't happy with his decision I doubt he will be able to play up to his abilities.

I was a big fan when we recruited him the first time though.

Advertisement
LOL you "critics" are hilarious....

if the breaking news broke that Ivan McCartney was officially coming to the U, most of you all would be on his jock.

All this bs about Coley or bust lol gtfoh

There is a 90% chance Coley isn't going to be in this class and guess what life still goes on, if McCartney can get in what are you going to say "uh uh I'm going to close my eyes every time he's on the field" lol like i said hilarious.

LOL you "critics" are hilarious....

if the breaking news broke that Ivan McCartney was officially coming to the U, most of you all would be on his jock.

All this bs about Coley or bust lol gtfoh

There is a 90% chance Coley isn't going to be in this class and guess what life still goes on, if McCartney can get in what are you going to say "uh uh I'm going to close my eyes every time he's on the field" lol like i said hilarious.

I agree that Coley is a pipe dream man. I'm just waiting to see AJL hit the field though. If you look back, our coaches were pretty up front and honest (and dead accurate) about our WRs when they got here so I am looking forward to what McDonald can do with that kid. Looks like a beast.

I agree that Coley is a pipe dream man. I'm just waiting to see AJL hit the field though. If you look back, our coaches were pretty up front and honest (and dead accurate) about our WRs when they got here so I am looking forward to what McDonald can do with that kid. Looks like a beast.

Yeah I think AJL is going to be a beast too..... it's not going to be fair having him, Lewis, Waters, and Dorsett on the field at the same time.

But I don't see the foul in letting McCartney get a chance to step up if he is good enough, especially w/ all the injury issues Miami has had at the position this year. If lack of talent wasn't the issue at WVa, and the coaches are able to develop him, then his maturity could be valuable for this team after Hurns leaves.

Advertisement
Back