Ivan McCartney Update

Cameron Underwood

Sophomore
Multiple sources tell me that Ivan McCartney is applying for a special waiver that will grant him an extra year of eligibility. This waiver would mean that McCartney would have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

This is the major sticking point in the pursuit of the former WVU and Miramar star.

If the waiver is approved, McCartney will 100% be a Cane and enroll for the summer session A with the incoming freshman.

If the waiver is not approved, there is 0% chance McCartney wears Orange and Green.

Let the games begin.

Advertisement
meh. he had his shot. i dont want WVU left overs and I like our young WRs. Dont want him playing over any of Scott, Hurns, Dorsett,Lewis , Lockhart, Waters or even a FR AJL

Advertisement
What legitimate reason would he have for getting this waiver?

none that i can think of. they didnt even let ojomo get his final hardship. miami is never in the plus when it comes to applying for these.

You just never know with the NCAA, we just have to wait and see, which brings me to ask what is the timetable on him receiving the NCAA's decision on whether or not he'll be granted the waiver?

Lol remember when he went to WVU and Latwan Anderson came to Miami? Good times

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pass. Too many good WRs around here. He had his chance.

This. I really don't understand the interest on our end, if there is any. He had his chance to come here and he chose elsewhere. Also, he was in the biggest pass happy offense in college football and he was the 4th WR as a Jr. Caught 9 balls in 8 games and then quit the team. Doesn't sound like a Golden guy to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back