Ivan McCartney Update

WTF is the downside to bringing this guy in?

If he is having issues in the classroom at WVU, he will have issues at Miami. The risk is taking a flyer on him and he ends up getting cut or whatever. That spot could have potentially gone to a kid the staff can mold with less risk.

This kid isnt needed plus, Im not a fan of giving kids another chance after previously passing on being a Cane.

Advertisement
WTF is the downside to bringing this guy in?

If he is having issues in the classroom at WVU, he will have issues at Miami. The risk is taking a flyer on him and he ends up getting cut or whatever. That spot could have potentially gone to a kid the staff can mold with less risk.

This kid isnt needed plus, Im not a fan of giving kids another chance after previously passing on being a Cane.

Maybe, or maybe he needs a change of scenery. McCartney would not be the first kid to go away for college, get homesick, and do better when he's closer to home with smaller classes and top-notch academic support.

how can you tell someone has all the talent in the world if they haven't showed it?

He's shown it, bruh...in high school AND at WVU. His numbers aren't exactly dissimilar to Rashawn Scott or Phillip Dorsett. Hurns has more touchdowns, but again, not exactly dissimilar in regards to catches and yards.

Advertisement
We do not need him because we have enough depth in our talented WRs next year. What we most need is DTs. I hope at least one DT transfers to the U from JUCO or another school.

who ever thinks he sucks doesn't know anything about football buddy has skills. If he could play next year i would take him easily. If not would wouldn't wast mt time.

Advertisement
Not accepting wvu transfers because its wvu is ridiculous. In the last ten years, wvu has far and away been a more successful program than we have. This isn't 1988.

Who cares about what we've been the last 10 years? We're recruiting for where we're going. And where were going doesn't need the #4 castoff quitting WR from a team that's lost its last 5 games.

Not accepting wvu transfers because its wvu is ridiculous. In the last ten years, wvu has far and away been a more successful program than we have. This isn't 1988.

Who cares about what we've been the last 10 years? We're recruiting for where we're going. And where were going doesn't need the #4 castoff quitting WR from a team that's lost its last 5 games.

the #4 wr is better than any wr currently on our roster...realize what youve watch this yr.

Again but some guys are just "content" with what we have.....sh*t we have guys that are SCARED of Stacy Coley...when we have guys like Gabe Terry who had to get shipped to Nebraska being productive....

If dude can be elgible to play next year...YOU TAKE HIM.....he instantly would be in our wr rotation and present another threat.....

Fisch wants to chunk it...WELL bring him the weapons...and quite frankly i could care less about bringing in another dt with that schollie....as ive officially realize we have a CORCH as our DC and another dt still wont solve his glaring weaknesses..MIGHT AS WELL PUT UP POINTS.

Cam does know what he's talking about because I heard sticks to UM from two reliable people last week. Its in the works.

Advertisement
the thing is sticks looked just average at WV when he did play..you guys sticking your head in the sand, he didnt look that good..

the #4 wr is better than any wr currently on our roster...realize what youve watch this yr.

Again but some guys are just "content" with what we have.....sh*t we have guys that are SCARED of Stacy Coley...when we have guys like Gabe Terry who had to get shipped to Nebraska being productive....

If dude can be elgible to play next year...YOU TAKE HIM.....he instantly would be in our wr rotation and present another threat.....

Fisch wants to chunk it...WELL bring him the weapons...and quite frankly i could care less about bringing in another dt with that schollie....as ive officially realize we have a CORCH as our DC and another dt still wont solve his glaring weaknesses..MIGHT AS WELL PUT UP POINTS.

Absolutely not, there 3rd WR JD Woods is the definition of a JAG (Sticks was behind this guy). Dorsett, Scott, Hurns, DJ, Herb, Malcolm are all more talented and better then that guy. Although your last "paragraph" says everything.

Advertisement
the thing is sticks looked just average at WV when he did play..you guys sticking your head in the sand, he didnt look that good..

What do you mean? Hes an unbelievable deep threat that averaged 11.9 yards per in his monster So season. We don't have that, never mind that Dorsett and Scott avg 14+. Its Holgersen's offense that is holding Sticks back.

What do you mean? Hes an unbelievable deep threat that averaged 11.9 yards per in his monster So season. We don't have that, never mind that Dorsett and Scott avg 14+. Its Holgersen's offense that is holding Sticks back.

everytime i see sh*t like this posted...i'm just going to post a picture of this guy...............
107.jpg

Look how beastly he was b4 Junior year...

Soph-Played in eight games, starting against Maryland ... Had one catch on the year, a 42-yard touchdown grab against Notre Dame in the Sun Bowl.
rs fresh- Played in 10 games mostly on special teams ... Caught four passes for 67 yards including a career-long 29-yarder.

This is a situation where you have people at 2 extremes. The I don't want him he is WVU trash and other side people claiming he'd be our #1

Just because he put up a sophomore year with decent stats at WVU doesnt mean he'd be our 1. Scott and Dorsett had higher YPC than Sticks. Plus both have the advantage of having a huge head start on the playbook and experience with the staff and QBs. Streeter, Benjamin and Hankerson are in the NFL so its not like its a guarantee that Sticks would have been at the top of the depth chart if he was here the last few seasons. And yes he isnt from WVU and has been hanging around this program for years and it seems he'd be much happier here, but its still not a very good sign he washed out at WVU in an offense he should have excelled in.

Now people claiming he is WVU trash is ridiculous. That offense is way more successful than ours has been and he did produce there. He was also extremely highly regarded coming out of HS.

To me the issue comes down to that waiver. If we can get him here for two seasons I think its at least worth bringing him in. If its only for one season I question how much we'd really need him. Its not like he is going to put us over the top. He is a local kid with talent so if he gets in I cant see how it'd upset anyone and how it would be considered a bad move. In the end, I really doubt he ever plays for the Canes

LMAO at your comment. WVU played for the national championship against ND in 1988!

If Major Harris hadn't hurt his shoulder, maybe WVU wins the 1988 NC.

Pick another year, but not 1988.

Advertisement
Back