Ivan McCartney Update

If he got the waiver maybe AG could count him backwards against a previous year and he might not count against the scholarship reductions. I don't know exactly how this works but if we had a previous year's recruit who left early maybe Sticks could count against that scholarship. It's like getting a free player for a couple of years without having to worry about him counting against the reduced number going forward.

Advertisement
Couple tweets from him:

@IMcCartney5: I wish I could have experienced that UM vs FSU rivalry. As a #CANE of course....

@IMcCartney5: @shaiyhoward I hate to regret anything ma. But that's something that will be with me forever

Couple tweets from him:

@IMcCartney5: I wish I could have experienced that UM vs FSU rivalry. As a #CANE of course....

@IMcCartney5: @shaiyhoward I hate to regret anything ma. But that's something that will be with me forever

Well...bye.

Couple tweets from him:

**** gotta feel bad for him. I know people say he made his decision etc but weve all been in a situation like this.

For whatever reason, I simply don't care one way or the other about whether he makes it to Miami or not. If there is room, fine. If there isn't, fine.

If you had me choose between Coley and him, it's Coley all day, everyday.

If you had me consider him over any of our remaining recruits, I would choose the remaining recruits.

If we had a full complement of spots and room, okay I guess. We've got a nice compliment of young WRs. This guy doesn't look like a dominant #1 which makes him like a lot of the guys we already have.

It is what it is.

Advertisement
Funny that 10 pages and counting on a kid that has no chance to play football for the University of Miami....zero, nada, zilch, null....

Use him to recruit for us. He'd be a great example to South Florida kids on how much they'll regret it if they go OOS instead of going with the hometown team

Couple tweets from him:

walking example of why you don't choose a school to play with a HS teammate, Al will use this in his favor to keep kids in SoFla with the "you only get one shot at coming to the school you grew up watching and loving"

Couple tweets from him:

**** gotta feel bad for him. I know people say he made his decision etc but weve all been in a situation like this.

The only reason I don't feel badly for him is because I'm pretty sure he threw our hat on the ground or did something disrespectful to UM at his signing announcement.

Al should save that tweet and show it to local recruits who are thinking about going to some shartbag joint like Wet ******.

Advertisement
Sorry haters but this guy has some talent. Some guys mentally dont do well away from home(see Arthur Brown). I am sure Al will do the right thing here whatever that may be.
Mccartney is 6' 3" 205 and runs a 4.5 40. He is Chad Ochocinco's cousin. Looks like he was in Holgerson's doghouse as a junior . When asked why a skilled guy like Mccartney wasnt playing he got testy and said "I am worried about the guys who want to play.There are a whole lot of other things to worry about than one person." So Mccartney's production was due to something that was going on with him. Fits the homesick,depression theory.

Last edited:
Couple tweets from him:

The only reason I don't feel badly for him is because I'm pretty sure he threw our hat on the ground or did something disrespectful to UM at his signing announcement.

Al should save that tweet and show it to local recruits who are thinking about going to some shartbag joint like Wet ******.

He said he didn't want to put the extra work in he would have needed to get into Miami.

Take a ******* hike with the crybaby ****, kid.

If he's really about righting a wrong and living a regret-free life, he should walk on. Simple. Put your money where your mouth is, son.

Advertisement
If he's really about righting a wrong and living a regret-free life, he should walk on. Simple. Put your money where your mouth is, son.

Correct and thanks for snubbing us the first time. If you feel bad for Ivan what are your thoughts about the victims in Newton.

Canes fans never cease to amaze me.

Advertisement
Couple tweets from him:

Pretty sure he's the one who had his sister run up with a WVU hat before he picked one off the table. And I think he did throw the UM hat down and put the one on from his sister.

Northrop is still my all time biggest douche IMO

Couple tweets from him:

Pretty sure he's the one who had his sister run up with a WVU hat before he picked one off the table. And I think he did throw the UM hat down and put the one on from his sister.

Kwame Brown sad?

what did Northrop do ?
Couple tweets from him:

Northup committed to UM and would never let staff know for sure til signing day, then opened his shirt like superman at press conference with fsu shirt underneath

Advertisement
Back