Its only November

IMG_1210.gif

Advertisement
I’ve made my thoughts clear. At least 8-10 guys that don’t improve the quality and depth of this roster, and that’s a casualty of lack of wins in 2023 + losing battles on the trail to more successful programs (and maybe stingy with the checkbook? That part changes with each recruiting win or loss it seems).

Regardless, we should never have the third-best class in the state with Mario as our coach.

Instead, just hope we finish 3-1 to finish out the year and they said “win and they’ll come”. So let’s win 9 games.

If we win 9, I expect a class within that 8-10 range and an average per recruit rating inside the Top 13. That would be much better, and hope we hit at a higher clip in the portal for the ‘24 season.
I tend to agree with your assessment about coming in 3rd behind FSU and Florida. But let's be realistic for a moment. Let's say that signing day was today. Currently FSU is 2nd and Florida is 3rd in recruiting. That would mean Miami has to finish first or second to beat them in the rankings. When is the last time that happened? I just don't think you are being realistic this year. FSU and Florida are not going to recruit this well year and year out (at least I hope so). We need to look at how we do against them over a time period, not just one fluke year.

QB - Trash
RB - Very good. Elite if they flip Lyle and keep what they have
WR - Good depth, but missing a top shelf stud and need to flip J. Smith to make this a great haul
OL - Projects
TE - Good

DT - 1 good player and the rest projects. No elite 5-stars, whiffed on everybody as everyone knows already
DE- Good, missing that top-end elite stud like a Dylan Stewart for example. Not as good as a Manny DE class.
LB- Just OK
CB - Trash. I'm not sure there's a player in this class who will ever push to start. And this is a weak position already on the team. Just awful.
S - Good

Special Teams - Who knows

As far as on the field performance, as long as we win 2 more games and do not get blown out by FSU, then nothing crazy is going happen between now and signing day. We will probably finish around 10. Now if we somehow beat FSU, then look out! And then on the other hand if we finish the season with 1 win, then the wheels could seriously drop off. We really need that win this weekend to keep the slow momentum we have going.

Advertisement
not prepared to judge in November when it aint over....this has been the NIL "catch up" year and it feels that way even to all the average fans of crootin.
most of the angst is due to the CIS hope chest being opened back in April about how we we're going to get everyone...
NO one has signed on the dotted line yet...I'm prepared to let Mario and crew keep working until the ink dries....and btw that's crootin in 2023 imo.

For the “Looks like a Diaz class” crowd. We have 5 top 100 guys committed right now. Diaz had 6 in his 3 classes combined.

Not a Mario apologist but the last thing I want is to see Diaz romanticism start up. He obliterated our depth.

Advertisement
For the “Looks like a Diaz class” crowd. We have 5 top 100 guys committed right now. Diaz had 6 in his 3 classes combined.

Not a Mario apologist but the last thing I want is to see Diaz romanticism start up. He obliterated our depth.
Agree.
Some around here have short memories.

Advertisement
QB - Trash
RB - Very good. Elite if they flip Lyle and keep what they have
WR - Good depth, but missing a top shelf stud and need to flip J. Smith to make this a great haul
OL - Projects
TE - Good

DT - 1 good player and the rest projects. No elite 5-stars, whiffed on everybody as everyone knows already
DE- Good, missing that top-end elite stud like a Dylan Stewart for example. Not as good as a Manny DE class.
LB- Just OK
CB - Trash. I'm not sure there's a player in this class who will ever push to start. And this is a weak position already on the team. Just awful.
S - Good

Special Teams - Who knows

Imagine actually typing "missing a top shelf stud" about a group that includes the #37 and the #41 overall player.

The internet is the greatest invention in humankind history, but sometimes it's really the worst.

I tend to agree with your assessment about coming in 3rd behind FSU and Florida. But let's be realistic for a moment. Let's say that signing day was today. Currently FSU is 2nd and Florida is 3rd in recruiting. That would mean Miami has to finish first or second to beat them in the rankings. When is the last time that happened? I just don't think you are being realistic this year. FSU and Florida are not going to recruit this well year and year out (at least I hope so). We need to look at how we do against them over a time period, not just one fluke year.
It’s not necessarily about 2nd or 3rd and being (in this scenario) 1st.

Personally, UF won’t see the complete implosion, but they should finish around 5-6 imo. But it’s more about HOW UF got in that position. We could be in the same space had we spent a more money. Might not even take as much as they’re allegedly shelling out, because we have more to sell overall.

We have a better recruiter, money isn’t an obstacle (allegedly), are winning on the field (even though it’s not necessarily convincing), etc. They don’t have various holes within their class.

FSU I can “excuse” this year because they’re most likely going to win 11+ games this year after a successful 2022.

Advertisement
Imagine actually typing "missing a top shelf stud" about a group that includes the #37 and the #41 overall player.

The internet is the greatest invention in humankind history, but sometimes it's really the worst.
Exactly. Any WR disappointment is only rooted in missing out on JJ. If he didn't exist, then everybody would be calling this an A+ WR class.

This is for expressing your opinion not ****ting on others.

We were behind UF and FSU heading into ESD the last two cycles and Mario jumped them both times.
This just isnt true, specifically in terms of the 23 cycle. FSU was a dumpster fire all cycle long and in the end added Hykeem. UF trailed us from July on and we never looked back. In terms of 22, its technically true since Mario didnt get hired until the 6th of December.

Advertisement
Back