Its only November

I won't hedge my bet even though I want to. What I will say is that these next 4 games will determine the outcome of recruiting. Im going to say, IF we win out, we'll get the guys we want and secure a top 5 class. If these games don't go so well, we end up with the class we have and maybe some less flashy additions. Any other variation of those two scenarios is not what I'm expecting and I just, as always, hope for the best for the program.

My official prediction is winning 3/4, losing a tight game to FSU, and recruiting closes well but not WOW.
Pretty fair assumption. I think we finish 3-1 and grab 2-3 solid players but overall, expected better. I’d say as of today…Hayes from UF, Lyle and one surprise. 9-3 and maybe a bowl win Sets us up well for portal and 2025 class.

@Cribby you have a ballpark with how many kids they’re willing to take from the high school ranks? Considering we’re at 24 and trending with certain guys, it seems as if the answer is either a large class due to a larger number of departures from the current roster, or they expect some potential de-commitments.

All speculation of course.

Advertisement
Winning OT games while looking bad on offense is like using a bucket to scoop intruding water out of your boat. Sure, we stay afloat for now, but nobody is dying to jump on board with us.

We need to drop 40 points and beat NC St convincingly. Beat FSU as ugly as you want. And then beat UL by 10.

At that point, then elite recruits will want to jump on to our ship. Or at least more willing to.

Right now, they're looking at the ship and questioning everything about its safety even though it hasn't sunk.

GIF by Giphy QA

I think the mission going into this season was

QB
WR
DT

As we sit currently with public commits it’s an easy F on QB and DT relative to what resources we put in…. QB recruiting has been very underwhelming the past couple of seasons. We just don’t seem to be identifying these guys early enough.

I hate the mopes, @Brooklyndee .

But here's where I'm at -- I agree that 6-2 (which should have been 7-1), with the #11 class is on track and even ahead of schedule vs. my personal expectations. But the way we reached those two outcomes seems unsustainable to me. So something has to give. We need to either start performing well on offense again and have our O win games for us or we're going to lose to FSU and UL. And we need to stop losing so many battles for elite recruits or we're going to end up with a Top 15-20 class when all is said and done, both high school and portal.

Ne/net, if we want the moping to stop, then the momentum needs to swing back our way with improved performance both in games and in recruiting.
If Most were born with slightly different genetics the males of the world would all have 10 inch ****s... Feel free to look at where basically all of the schools the mopes on here pull their ****s for where they were in year 2 of a COMPLETE REBUILD... It's always a moving bar here. Half the people on here still pull Deions ****. How's things working out over there since apparently timing into a rebuild is insignificant. I legit feel sorry for the significant others of these dudes on here. If they're so critical of how things look around here I'd really hope they're all CEOs of successful companies at the least and have wife and kids living their best lives too. People here are simply miserable cause that's who they are. Listen to yourself. We're 6-2 and should be 7-1 could easily be undefeated. So instead of being happy that we're ahead of schedule and 6-2 with stupidity costing us in both of our losses you guys look at those losses and complain about that... ***** just sad that fans have these ways. Main reason for it is all cause they wanna be able to say they know what's better for us more than our coaches do.

Advertisement
I'm not knocking the guys we have, but none of them is a top end elite like Smith. Does UNC beat Miami if they don't have Dez Walker? Having that one big time difference maker can matter.
Does unc beat Miami if we don't dumble at the goal line crossing into the end zone or if Tyler isn't playing Santa Claus & giving out picks like candy corns?

Does unc beat Miami if we don't dumble at the goal line crossing into the end zone or if Tyler isn't playing Santa Claus & giving out picks like candy corns?

If Georgia is playing UNC and their QB has a bad day and their RB fumbles once at the goal line, do you think they lose?

I don’t. When a team like that has a bad day against a team like UNC, the worst that seems to happen is the UNC team hangs around for 3 quarters and then the Georgias pull away. Because elite players.

Actually we kind of did that against Virginia. They played nearly a perfect game by their standards, but in the end we had a Ruben Bain and we had a Mark Fletcher and that was the difference.

Advertisement
If Most were born with slightly different genetics the males of the world would all have 10 inch ****s... Feel free to look at where basically all of the schools the mopes on here pull their ****s for where they were in year 2 of a COMPLETE REBUILD... It's always a moving bar here. Half the people on here still pull Deions ****. How's things working out over there since apparently timing into a rebuild is insignificant. I legit feel sorry for the significant others of these dudes on here. If they're so critical of how things look around here I'd really hope they're all CEOs of successful companies at the least and have wife and kids living their best lives too. People here are simply miserable cause that's who they are. Listen to yourself. We're 6-2 and should be 7-1 could easily be undefeated. So instead of being happy that we're ahead of schedule and 6-2 with stupidity costing us in both of our losses you guys look at those losses and complain about that... ***** just sad that fans have these ways. Main reason for it is all cause they wanna be able to say they know what's better for us more than our coaches do.

@Brooklyndee . I respect everything you said above. believe it or not, I 100% agree with the fact we should appreciate the progress and the team's successes as opposed to obsessing on the losses and missteps. That said I would argue that your last sentence is unfair.

Yes, half of the people having a negative outlook on recruiting on this thread are Mopes who relish in failure and saying "I told you so". But the other half, and I like to think I'm in this group, support the team and the staff while having legitimate concerns about recruiting based on the current warning signs and 20 years of lack of self-awareness and false bravado. Trying to be realistic about momentum and outlook doesn't make you a mope.

@Brooklyndee . I respect everything you said above. believe it or not, I 100% agree with the fact we should appreciate the progress and the team's successes as opposed to obsessing on the losses and missteps. That said I would argue that your last sentence is unfair.

Yes, half of the people having a negative outlook on recruiting on this thread are Mopes who relish in failure and saying "I told you so". But the other half, and I like to think I'm in this group, support the team and the staff while having legitimate concerns about recruiting based on the current warning signs and 20 years of lack of self-awareness and false bravado. Trying to be realistic about momentum and outlook doesn't make you a mope.
Where is the bar set between mope and having concerns? Would love some clarity here.

If Georgia is playing UNC and their QB has a bad day and their RB fumbles once at the goal line, do you think they lose?

I don’t. When a team like that has a bad day against a team like UNC, the worst that seems to happen is the UNC team hangs around for 3 quarters and then the Georgias pull away. Because elite players.

Actually we kind of did that against Virginia. They played nearly a perfect game by their standards, but in the end we had a Ruben Bain and we had a Mark Fletcher and that was the difference.
I'll simply leave it at I disagree. This is just people seeing things the way they choose. By that logic should a&m & Clemson have lost to us? Because they're Georgia from a recruiting perspective. Furthermore unc is closer to that then us as well RIGHT NOW. So not sure that should be the argument. It's called competitive sports and **** happens. The key is simply limiting it from rolling downhill. For me several posters on here I simply think of **** rolling downhill whenever I see there names.

based on the current warning signs and 20 years of lack of self-awareness and false bravado.
So how does that not endorse my last sentence 100%? Having some concerns is one thing when it's based upon our CURRENT SITUATION. For yall to say your concerns are based upon our past 20 years is a blatant crock of ****. What does our past 20 years have to do with MARIO CRISTOBAL and this staff? Every single step we've made in the last 2 years has been contrary to ANYTHING we've done in the last twenty years... #1 our admin isn't committed to winning because they refuse to spend what's necessary to bring in the right individuals... Response: we went out and spent 80 million on a head coach and plenty more on his choices for staff(no matter what the results), we went out and got one of the more respected ad in all of collegiate sports, we have flipped this campus on it's head with construction and a commitment to our facilities with far more to come, we built a collective of multiple billionaires in a space that honestly we would seriously struggle in the local climate if not for our collective, our head coach looked in the mirror and heard the criticism and made hires to address how the majority of the fanbase feels we should be schematically playing football,etc etc etc.

Do people take a second to look at that or do they simply shart words constantly for lil reason.
Legit concerns are we trend to go conservative now because our QB is having a confidence crisis & our OC potentially has lost some confidence in him as well.
Legit concerns are our boundaries corners are either not being taught how to correct inside leverage and pivot Or they lack situational awareness.
Legit concerns is far too often we have mental breakdowns that cost us in HUGE moments as a staff and as players.
Legit concerns is what exactly will we have to do in order to gain the confidence of recruits at certain key positions...

The sky isn't always falling hermano. Especially if you choose to embrace the beauty of the moment... You know why I choose not to pay attention to many on here? I know this process well. I went through it in college and to a lesser extent in the NFL. Adversity is the only way you can grow as a team...

Advertisement
Imagine actually typing "missing a top shelf stud" about a group that includes the #37 and the #41 overall player.

The internet is the greatest invention in humankind history, but sometimes it's really the worst.
That's literally what went through my mind when I read that. Thank God Jojo & Ny are bottom shelf. Otherwise I don't think I could sleep well.

So how does that not endorse my last sentence 100%? Having some concerns is one thing when it's based upon our CURRENT SITUATION. For yall to say your concerns are based upon our past 20 years is a blatant crock of ****. What does our past 20 years have to do with MARIO CRISTOBAL and this staff? Every single step we've made in the last 2 years has been contrary to ANYTHING we've done in the last twenty years... #1 our admin isn't committed to winning because they refuse to spend what's necessary to bring in the right individuals... Response: we went out and spent 80 million on a head coach and plenty more on his choices for staff(no matter what the results), we went out and got one of the more respected ad in all of collegiate sports, we have flipped this campus on it's head with construction and a commitment to our facilities with far more to come, we built a collective of multiple billionaires in a space that honestly we would seriously struggle in the local climate if not for our collective, our head coach looked in the mirror and heard the criticism and made hires to address how the majority of the fanbase feels we should be schematically playing football,etc etc etc.

Do people take a second to look at that or do they simply shart words constantly for lil reason.
Legit concerns are we trend to go conservative now because our QB is having a confidence crisis & our OC potentially has lost some confidence in him as well.
Legit concerns are our boundaries corners are either not being taught how to correct inside leverage and pivot Or they lack situational awareness.
Legit concerns is far too often we have mental breakdowns that cost us in HUGE moments as a staff and as players.
Legit concerns is what exactly will we have to do in order to gain the confidence of recruits at certain key positions...

The sky isn't always falling hermano. Especially if you choose to embrace the beauty of the moment... You know why I choose not to pay attention to many on here? I know this process well. I went through it in college and to a lesser extent in the NFL. Adversity is the only way you can grow as a team...

This is a debate I have zero interest in having. Nothing but respect.

Where is the bar set between mope and having concerns? Would love some clarity here.

Spend some time on Facebook, Twitter/X, MSNBC or Fox News then tell me as I don’t know how to tell you, I just know it when I see it.

Advertisement
How thing stand 695 days since we hired Mario Cristobal?
- Foundation set, Rebuild on schedule, financial commitments in place.
- Setup well for next season with 2 good coordinators.

As far as positions, All that really needs to be said is that who we get at QB for next season is going to be the key for our success the next 3 years. Will we land a top transfer for next year? Will Emory step up and be the dude? Having a top tier QB for next season will be the difference in this team winning the ACC and getting 9 wins. That difference will have large ramifications for recruiting going forward - even if the success was with a 1yr transfer. Judd isn't the answer obviously, and realistically even if we landed a mid to high 4star this class, it wouldn't have really changed much. We need to just commit all in on one QB. Next year IMO that is in the Portal. Maybe the following year it is Emory or going all in on the top HS QB. But I don't think stacking high 4 star after high 4star at QB is a realistic solution. Get guys like Jacurri/Emory/Judd yearly, hopefully one hits, and then go all out when you need a new starter. But seriously whether we're starting a top Qb next season could realistically make this rebuild basically complete, or take another 2 years... I will say IF Emory is the guy and wins the job and plays at a high level next season, that would probably be best case scenario for us...

As far as the other positions, CB imo is the biggest are of concern. Yall all like to ***** about DT, but CB is far worse right now imo. We have 1 actual outside CB playing any real minutes on this current roster. And we have nobody committed that is going to see minutes. And all the transfers we've taken at CB the past year have not filled that need - or been given the opportunity to fill that need. So for next season specifically it seems we're either relying on Damari Brown taking a major step, Us flipping Ellis Robinson, or us finally landing an actual outside portal CB. We have what feels like 7 fringe safety/cb/nickel guys... But this could also change pretty quickly if Addae leaves and we bring someone else in...

An elite QB would be great, but all we need is one who’s accurate and can hit a deep ball every now and again (been missing the long ball this season).

Advertisement
Back