It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

Hate to say this but all the banners that have flown,all the griping that has been done has only gotten a stooge fired.to be replaced by a stooge whose worse.if you want those bots,trustees really sweat.everyone just go silent walk away for a spell like a week or two.they don't care about us show them we don't care about them.maybe then they'll act and do something.

Advertisement
Almost $1500 in a few hours basically. Not a bad start gents, keep up the holy work.

Firstly to be clear (and I'll update this elsewhere), there will be a vote of the possible options I settle on for the messaging. 100%. This will be for me to get a sense of what is most liked, but ofc I reserve the right to make final calls since online polls are hardly perfect, and I'll also weigh the opinions of known donors more heavily than randos.

I’d be willing to donate upon knowing the exact message, signage location and an invoice verifying actual cost

So cost depends on location, which is totally dependent on the timing by which we can raise enough funds as those things have slots they rent out, that they need cash for by a certain deadline. Which was a bit of a chicken and the egg problem. So my goal was to see how much and how fast we could raise before I start hitting up the owners for pricing and timing details, by which time I'll be able to update you guys and the page with a final amount. The 4.5k is just a reasonable estimate I came up with looking at the range of billboard prices in the area. Once we're at 2.5-3k, which looks like it might be as soon as tomorrow, I'll start making the calls.

People don't have time to read through bullet points of reasons why we're ****ed while they're driving -- this needs to be short and sweet like a banner to effectively get the point across.

Short and sweet is the name of the game, and I'm behind also stinking a link on it to a webpage of dismal, self explanatory facts.
Where are our board lawyers?

I assumed a parody of James would be okay, like him in a clown face. Could be totally off base.

I 2nd this, as the organizer and person buying the billboard (even if it is with crowdfunded money), some peace of mind that the Romans won't be doing me in will be nice. That said, yeah, no faces seems like a reasonable rule at least.

In my humble opinion, I don't think it is about embarrassing people. The message needs to be direct but respectful. Something like this: (just example)
UM Football is Dying.
Board of Trustees Has Responsibility to Rescue UM Football
Fire Athletic Director and Head Coach.

I actually like this as an option, that line alone against an orange background would get attention, super simple to digest, and paints a stark picture that will make people go "****". Definitely an embarrassment to the University. The downside of course is it doesn't call out anyone in particular, but I think it does call out the entire school regardless. Interested in feedback on that one as just a voting option.

As a further ask: Anyone who has, or can hook me up with, someone who's good with graphics and is willing to help out, please slide into my DMs. Legal bros as well, or anyone else willing to lend a hand instead of just cash.

"The Board of Trustees (name the most prominent ones?) and the UM athletic department have destroyed Miami athletics

Fire Blake James/Jenn Strawley, save our University from mediocrity"

I really think it needs to be more than just about football
This. Nothing funny nothing witty just facts and a message like the one above. Keep it simple and to the point

Advertisement
**** guys, nvm, I got it:

dosomething.jpg

Advertisement
Threw you a small bone. Agree it needs to be simple and blunt.

"UM Football is Dying" in orange letters against a green background fits the bill. Not saying that's what it should be but I wouldn't be upset if it was. Easy to read quickly and embarrassing to the AD and BOT.

You're doing Gods work.

Want to know what is says for certain. My donation will predicate on that.

Well then spit out your preference. I can't read you peoples minds.

"The Board of Trustees (name the most prominent ones?) and the UM athletic department have destroyed Miami athletics

I'll likely include an edited version of this in the poll.

Advertisement

:u5pyxda:

What if we did pictures of them kind of looking at us dismissively, saying something like "We're all you got so shut up." Would that **** people off? Seems effective to me, hits home their view of the fans.

Advertisement
Its gotta strike a nerve with some big time donors or influential BoT members too, but it can't be juvenile or it defeats the purpose. Although "**** Blake James and the BOT" does have a nice ring to it.

"Sports Illustrated was Right"

Probably a little excessive, below the belt even.

"The U"
1926 - 2019

Just spitballing, ran out of tesrs so I cant cry myself to sleep tonight.

Its gotta strike a nerve with some big time donors or influential BoT members too, but it can't be juvenile or it defeats the purpose. Although "**** Blake James and the BOT" does have a nice ring to it.

"Sports Illustrated was Right"

Probably a little excessive, below the belt even.

"The U"
1926 - 2019

Just spitballing, ran out of tesrs so I cant cry myself to sleep tonight.
How about a grave with "The U" on it, with BoT members popping champaigne And a caption "If U Dont Care, We Dont Care, Boycott Miami Football."

Advertisement
Back