It’s clear Ruiz isn’t putting up any money at the moment…

There has to be a gif for this.
Fail Captain America GIF

Advertisement
I just can't shake the image of TVD vs MTSU last year. I was never high on him to begin with. Hope this system is the right fit fit for him & he balls out.

I may also look at TVD with a bit of a negative eyeball, even more so now, but there were signs during the So Miss for both TVD and the OL… then the OL played fairly well against A&M, didn’t coach with killer instinct and then the team folded, including TVD… he played worse against MTSU than Jarren against FIU…

Advertisement
15k of us here at a measly $100 per month is $18M per year.
Let’s go.

Miami has been a 7-5 team for 20 years. Money will not buy your way out of that hole. At some point, somebody has to make a meal out of the ingredients we have. Need to show you can make an adequate steak with some choice quality meat before you get nothing but A5 Wagyu to play with.

There's a light year between genuine frustration and concern, which is what you have and the people I'm talking about.

Porster: It's already May 1st, is anyone concerned that we don't have a single commit?
Two days later:
Porster: This PWO who just committed is gonna be the next Dorsey!

You are 100% correct. The pendulum here tends too swing towards extremes and then back near center. Few take notice, even fewer act accordingly.

Advertisement
The other variable is posters attacking posters for their opinion instead of just slurping or moping.

It's far too early for victory laps on either side.

Even in the micro, we’re roughly 1/3 against OSU this circle and posters are acting like the NCAA reviewed the call and awarded us the 6th…

Recruiting is a long game

*D$ started both the hype and the concern…

TVD should look exponentially better behind this O-line. When you can actually focus on your progressions instead of where you’re going to roll out because you absolutely know pressure is coming…it’s a wild concept but yeah, he’ll look miles better.

Hopefully a healthy TVD lets Jacurri properly maturate and work day and night on his short and intermediate passing routes.

Spring game TVD looked better and that’s without cohen and other starters up there.
or if you have time to roll out.... or will be eating grass....

Miami has been a 7-5 team for 20 years. Money will not buy your way out of that hole. At some point, somebody has to make a meal out of the ingredients we have. Need to show you can make an adequate steak with some choice quality meat before you get nothing but A5 Wagyu to play with.

Please stop with the 20 years excuses. No one accepted them for previous coaches after 5, 10 and 15 years and other programs are turning things around fairly quickly with the portal, NIL and coaching

Please stop with the 20 years excuses. No one accepted them for previous coaches after 5, 10 and 15 years and other programs are turning things around fairly quickly with the portal, NIL and coaching
I'm not making excuses...its just facts. You aren't jumping up the talent food chain without showing some tangible results on the field. We've been floating in the low end of the Blue Chip ratio with 7-5 to show for it...at some point, whether its Mario or someone else...they will need to get real results with what we do have before we're actually competing with the elites for the crazy volume of blue chippers that the true elites have. You're not buying your way out of this.

Advertisement
I'm not making excuses...its just facts. You aren't jumping up the talent food chain without showing some tangible results on the field. We've been floating in the low end of the Blue Chip ratio with 7-5 to show for it...at some point, whether its Mario or someone else...they will need to get real results with what we do have before we're actually competing with the elites for the crazy volume of blue chippers that the true elites have. You're not buying your way out of this.
well blaming everything on the players doesn't help when you look clueless on the sidelines. hopefully year 2 is better

The other variable is posters attacking posters for their opinion instead of just slurping or moping.

Why would anyone want to take a victory lap when things go badly?

And before you answer that, I say therein lies the problem. Too many people getting off when we don’t do well. They love it. They wallow in it, like pigs in ****.

Everyone keeps bringing up the Gators and how they have a top 5 class even though they’ve been just as bad as us(they’re probably looking at a 4-8 season this year). Several people on here brought up a very good point the other day: When you look at many of these “top” classes it starts with an elite, blue-chip QB. The fact they were able to get Lagway to commit early has helped solidify and strengthen their class, which in turn caused a bunch of other blue-chippers to jump on board. When we lost Noland, and then transitioned to a 3 star project at QB I feel like it hurt this class. Don’t get me wrong, I like Judd’s personality and he’s been a great ambassador so far, but he ain’t moving the needle at all perception wise when it comes to recruiting.

Advertisement

It's the same thing every year.... It's never gonna change... The names might ( kinda, I mean there's a lot of familiar names yearly) change but the context is always the same....

It's the same thing every year.... It's never gonna change... The names might ( kinda, I mean there's a lot of familiar names yearly) change but the context is always the same....
It's a balancing act. The mopes were unbearable a few years ago and the bully slurpers took that title more recently.

It's a balancing act. The mopes were unbearable a few years ago and the bully slurpers took that title more recently.
I've just learned to not engage.... I try to make a point about stuff here and there and once it starts to go sideways I move on...

Were those mopes anti-Manny and now bully slurper MariBros or is there consistency?

Advertisement
Back