It’s clear Ruiz isn’t putting up any money at the moment…

Were those mopes anti-Manny and now bully slurper MariBros or is there consistency?
I don't pay close enough attention. @rvamight know.

I just notice the trends. Both have the same two characteristics. They either attack a poster for being slurper/mope or the try to **** on good or bad news with an overall opinion of the program or coach.

Advertisement
I don't pay close enough attention. @rvamight know.

I just notice the trends. Both have the same two characteristics. They either attack a poster for being slurper/mope or the try to **** on good or bad news with an overall opinion of the program or coach.

The trend is the same group do victory laps in commit threads telling others they can’t be happy because they’ve questioned the King.

If the others respond, the thread goes to **** and if they don’t, another runs in and says where are the mopes…

Rinse. Repeat.

There are short list of primary offenders, and then piggyback posters…

If you only knew how much blood and ***** he had to donate to pull this off. Between that and loose change in the couch cushions helped land Lightfoot. Hopefully he’s drinking liquid iv to rehydrate.
Nice we got Lightfoot and Cleveland (in CBB) and retained TVD, etc; but the disappointments are at times staggering. With a Final 4 team (and Elite8 year before and a great Coach L and PT) we came up shockingly empty on dozens of portal basketball targets we seemed to desire and be involved with...

...can you honestly say that the same Ruiz /LW that made big deals like Pack800K happen, was fully at the ready for those money battles this spring; and/or now?

Nice we got Lightfoot and Cleveland (in CBB) and retained TVD, etc; but the disappointments are at times staggering. With a Final 4 team (and Elite8 year before and a great Coach L and PT) we came up shockingly empty on dozens of portal basketball targets we seemed to desire and be involved with...

...can you honestly say that the same Ruiz /LW that made big deals like Pack800K happen, was fully at the ready for those money battles this spring; and/or now?
Cleveland was a big time transfer. Fsu's best player imo. Idk how much more we can really ask for.

Cleveland was a big time transfer. Fsu's best player imo. Idk how much more we can really ask for.
Yeah. I'll definitely take him, especially after all the misses. We still expected one more, and most we missed on were arguably more in demand than Cleveland, at times by a lot.

Advertisement
Mas bros too busy handling Messi BizNes💵💰….
Mas brothers fly stealth...........none of us fans will know what they are doing, and they like it that way.
dan james travel GIF by Much

Everyone keeps bringing up the Gators and how they have a top 5 class even though they’ve been just as bad as us(they’re probably looking at a 4-8 season this year). Several people on here brought up a very good point the other day: When you look at many of these “top” classes it starts with an elite, blue-chip QB. The fact they were able to get Lagway to commit early has helped solidify and strengthen their class, which in turn caused a bunch of other blue-chippers to jump on board. When we lost Noland, and then transitioned to a 3 star project at QB I feel like it hurt this class. Don’t get me wrong, I like Judd’s personality and he’s been a great ambassador so far, but he ain’t moving the needle at all perception wise when it comes to recruiting.
we should have given Norland…..TVD’s money

Advertisement
He's not...Go see what the Soffer family has spent throughout the yrs in regards to UM, and compare it to what Ruiz has spent, then Holler back. John Gotti Ruiz needs to throw more $$$$$ around, similar to how he runs his mouth on social media.
His Twitter is CRINGE. He’s a lawyer/billionaire yet spends days arguing with a bunch of strangers about nonsense? The volume of back and forth is oddly high for someone of his social status.

UF sucks worse than us right now yet they currently have a top 5 class
I don’t really follow recruiting for a number of reasons, but isn’t it really early for the class of 2024? I mean the first signing period isn’t until December. If you told me Miami was top 5 in July, I wouldn’t think too much of it considering we’re 2 months before anyone takes a snap in 2023. And then there’s a whole season of football..

Advertisement
His Twitter is CRINGE. He’s a lawyer/billionaire yet spends days arguing with a bunch of strangers about nonsense? The volume of back and forth is oddly high for someone of his social status.

He reminds me of a guy I used to play some Texas Hold'em with who owned over 300 Pizza Hut franchises. The game was good and he'd lose money every time, but he never quit trying to one up or belittle everyone. He was obviously loaded, but so intolerable to be around I quit attending his games.

For all of his personal success, he had some serious personality issues. I couldn't stand to be around the guy. I'd expect much the same of Ruiz. Perhaps that's unfair not knowing him.

He reminds me of a guy I used to play some Texas Hold'em with who owned over 300 Pizza Hut franchises. The game was good and he'd lose money every time, but he never quit trying to one up or belittle everyone. He was obviously loaded, but so intolerable to be around I quit attending his games.

For all of his personal success, he had some serious personality issues. I couldn't stand to be around the guy. I'd expect much the same of Ruiz. Perhaps that's unfair not knowing him.
Imagine having a billion dollars and spending half your day debating SuperSeminole1999 and GatorGuy25 about game day attendance and other low importance topics on Twitter. And he’ll go at it with the most lowly participants for hours, often getting highly defensive to a point where he looks like an insecure schoolyard bully. One time I saw him threatening legal action against someone and DM’d them a court summons. It was satirical.

Advertisement
Imagine having a billion dollars and spending half your day debating SuperSeminole1999 and GatorGuy25 about game day attendance and other low importance topics on Twitter. And he’ll go at it with the most lowly participants for hours, often getting highly defensive to a point where he looks like an insecure schoolyard bully. One time I saw him threatening legal action against someone and DM’d them a court summons. It was satirical.
I called this months ago. He's the John Gotti of Boosters. Instead of laying Low like prominent and successful Boosters at other schools, his *** is fighting on Social media. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate ANY financial contributions to UM...But Jesus H Christ, do it in a different manner.

I don’t about all that you wrote but Nwoko is a big time recruit. I expect him to play significant minutes next year. UM basketball is in good shape next season.

No. The percent of highly rated high school QBs are busts and it’s a waste of money. Better to use the funds for a transfer qb. Norland can easily be worse than TVD if you look at history of highly ranked QBs.
Agreed, but TVD doesn't seem like a TEAM guy. Not having the phone numbers of his WRs to throw to in the offseason is a major concern. I know a lot of those guys were more of Garcia's boys and seemed like it was pretty toxic. But you're the QB, the leader and face of the team, real leaders rise up over that BS and rally their team mates. I doubt many players would follow TVD into battle, his leadership skills and lack of connection with the team is concerning.

And the Alabama situation, a real hard core Cane would have told Saban to eat a d$ck. The flirtation and going back and asking for more money is a bad look. I'm all for these kids getting paid but I think it sends the wrong message to your team. I think we have a better roster than last year but super cautious as I don't think TVD is a real leader. Canes would run through a brick wall for Dorsey, this kid not a chance.

Doubt he HAS anywhere near $1 Billion dollars.

Advertisement
Back