Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Here's the Tennessee viewpoint as of last night - Vols looking to bring in 3 WR this cycle, will take 4 if they are all good ones.

I think he has just enjoyed spending time with the new staff, and he and his family have felt comfortable during both of their trips to Tennessee over the past several weeks. His mother had never been to UT before they made the trip to Knoxville on June 4. The Vols' coaches made a good first impression on Horton and his family, and I think it was helpful for him to get back on campus with some guys he knows, including Tyler Baron, who was one of his former teammates at Ensworth in Nashville before Horton made the move to Oakland High School in Murfreesboro. Horton seems to like Tennessee WRs coach Kodi Burns quite a bit after being around him in person.

Traveling to Florida and Miami has helped him and his family see some of the positives of staying in-state, too, including the obvious distance factor, so I think that's one of the areas in which taking visits can help prospects really understand the reality of the situation at each school. Don't get the wrong idea, though: Horton really likes Miami and Florida, too, so that's why I say it's hardly a done deal that he will end up choosing the Vols. I just think they have helped their cause.

I think the situation at Tennessee and what he has learned about the Vols' offense has helped them, too. And I think they're trending with his 7-on-7 teammate, four-star WR Cameron Miller of Memphis, so it doesn't hurt that he would potentially know some guys at Tennessee, particularly if Miller ends up choosing the Vols. Horton is also a 7-on-7 teammate of Vols LB commitment Elijah Herring.

Advertisement
Here's the Tennessee viewpoint as of last night - Vols looking to bring in 3 WR this cycle, will take 4 if they are all good ones.

I think he has just enjoyed spending time with the new staff, and he and his family have felt comfortable during both of their trips to Tennessee over the past several weeks. His mother had never been to UT before they made the trip to Knoxville on June 4. The Vols' coaches made a good first impression on Horton and his family, and I think it was helpful for him to get back on campus with some guys he knows, including Tyler Baron, who was one of his former teammates at Ensworth in Nashville before Horton made the move to Oakland High School in Murfreesboro. Horton seems to like Tennessee WRs coach Kodi Burns quite a bit after being around him in person.

Traveling to Florida and Miami has helped him and his family see some of the positives of staying in-state, too, including the obvious distance factor, so I think that's one of the areas in which taking visits can help prospects really understand the reality of the situation at each school. Don't get the wrong idea, though: Horton really likes Miami and Florida, too, so that's why I say it's hardly a done deal that he will end up choosing the Vols. I just think they have helped their cause.

I think the situation at Tennessee and what he has learned about the Vols' offense has helped them, too. And I think they're trending with his 7-on-7 teammate, four-star WR Cameron Miller of Memphis, so it doesn't hurt that he would potentially know some guys at Tennessee, particularly if Miller ends up choosing the Vols. Horton is also a 7-on-7 teammate of Vols LB commitment Elijah Herring.
Ok so another whiff

Their people dont know either.... just writing a piece where they are hedging all bets...

"He likes Tennessee a lot, but dont get me wrong he likes Miami and UF too..."

Advertisement
Honestly fine with that. Add another body via transfer if needed or just have a monster group from that 2023 class. Like 5 dudes.

That's never a good strategy. Look at sofla and DL - 2022 class was STACKED and everyone knew it. It's a very real possibility that we could end up with only one of those studs. Same deal with WR. You NEVER pin your hopes on next year's class.

Advertisement

This is a lot of " I think he's coming because he has friends that may come to Tennessee and he doesn't want to go too far from home..... But he likes the OOS schools so I'm not sure but I'm sure". With that said Iveynevrrybeen confident on him

That's never a good strategy. Look at sofla and DL - 2022 class was STACKED and everyone knew it. It's a very real possibility that we could end up with only one of those studs. Same deal with WR. You NEVER pin your hopes on next year's class.

Coaches look at these things in 2 year windows. We brought in 3 last year. No way they can only take 1 this year. That’s only 4 total in your 2 class look. Not enough. Expect the staff to add another WR.

Coaches look at these things in 2 year windows. We brought in 3 last year. No way they can only take 1 this year. That’s only 4 total in your 2 class look. Not enough. Expect the staff to add another WR.

don’t get me wrong - I agree. But, we’re about to lose out on Horton and Gibson which means we’re going to see what prospect shines in the fall. That’s a tall order for our staff. We’ll see.

Advertisement
247 Update from Gaby

Miami is hoping to continue to win a few more recruiting battles against the SEC. On Monday, we put together a list of recruits who could potentially be next to commit to Manny Diaz and the Hurricanes.

- One of the prominent recruits listed was Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland four-star wide receiver Isaiah Horton. InsideTheU has reported in the past that Miami and Tennessee are the two schools out in front for 6-foot-3, 190-pounder, but I have a feeling that the Hurricanes might have a slight edge in the recruitment at this point in the process.

The state champion doesn’t have a commitment date in mind yet - so there could still be a ways to go in the recruitment as the in-state Volunteers continue to make a push. I’m not quite ready to put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball in favor of Miami, but could envision getting there in the future if things continue to trend in the right direction as Horton goes public with an intended commitment date.

Ryan Callahan’s (UT Board Mod) response to their chances with Horton after their recent WR commitment today. The receiver is also Horton’s 7 on 7 teammate.

“We’ll actually have a little more on that later. It doesn’t hurt Tennessee’s cause, for sure. But I also don’t know that it will ultimately steer Horton toward the Vols.

For what it’s worth, now that you mention Horton, I’ve seen a lot of confidence from some posters here in regard to Tennessee’s chances, but I think it’s still a real battle between the Vols and Miami. I think the Hurricanes still have a real shot, so there’s no guarantee at all that he ends up at Tennessee. The Vols have some work to do down the stretch, in my opinion, if they’re going to beat out Miami.”

Advertisement
247 Update from Gaby

Miami is hoping to continue to win a few more recruiting battles against the SEC. On Monday, we put together a list of recruits who could potentially be next to commit to Manny Diaz and the Hurricanes.

- One of the prominent recruits listed was Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland four-star wide receiver Isaiah Horton. InsideTheU has reported in the past that Miami and Tennessee are the two schools out in front for 6-foot-3, 190-pounder, but I have a feeling that the Hurricanes might have a slight edge in the recruitment at this point in the process.

The state champion doesn’t have a commitment date in mind yet - so there could still be a ways to go in the recruitment as the in-state Volunteers continue to make a push. I’m not quite ready to put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball in favor of Miami, but could envision getting there in the future if things continue to trend in the right direction as Horton goes public with an intended commitment date.
I kept thinking it was strange that Gaby was the only 247 guy to recently speak on his recruitment and no matter how many in here said Tennessee this kids been extremely quiet

Ryan Callahan’s (UT Board Mod) response to their chances with Horton after their recent WR commitment today. The receiver is also Horton’s 7 on 7 teammate.

“We’ll actually have a little more on that later. It doesn’t hurt Tennessee’s cause, for sure. But I also don’t know that it will ultimately steer Horton toward the Vols.

For what it’s worth, now that you mention Horton, I’ve seen a lot of confidence from some posters here in regard to Tennessee’s chances, but I think it’s still a real battle between the Vols and Miami. I think the Hurricanes still have a real shot, so there’s no guarantee at all that he ends up at Tennessee. The Vols have some work to do down the stretch, in my opinion, if they’re going to beat out Miami.”
tell Horton Tennessee isn’t winning anything in the next 10 to 20 years , then he should re-think about Tennessee

No, but if you miss in 2022 you take a 1-year portal rental like a Rambo.

Advertisement
Back