Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

tell Horton Tennessee isn’t winning anything in the next 10 to 20 years , then he should re-think about Tennessee
They will take care of itself and become clear this fall when they get embarrassed week after week. They are going to long for Derek Dooley...lol.

Advertisement
that’s true - portal has changed all that but still, never a good idea to bank/hope on the following year.
They've just made college football into a professional league with NIL. Portal matters even more. Those kids who want a more generous cut are going to bolt.You think.education matters to +80% of these kids at the FBS-level? Rules of game have changed. Adapt or die.

Advertisement
I kept thinking it was strange that Gaby was the only 247 guy to recently speak on his recruitment and no matter how many in here said Tennessee this kids been extremely quiet
The interview consisted of him telling Gaby he had made a decision and the winning school knows. Recently some of the 247 commitment articles have quotes from recruits in this context "recruit x gave his reasons for picking school x ahead of making his decision public". Like the 247 guys know where the kid is going but are told to hold off from making that public. The let him have his moment stuff. Maybe Gaby is doing the same

Honestly fine with that. Add another body via transfer if needed or just have a monster group from that 2023 class. Like 5 dudes.

Those tops guys in next years class are already looking to be headed out of state. Can’t just assume guys will be coming to Miami just because it’s a deep class in SFL

Advertisement
Ryan Callahan’s (UT Board Mod) response to their chances with Horton after their recent WR commitment today. The receiver is also Horton’s 7 on 7 teammate.

“We’ll actually have a little more on that later. It doesn’t hurt Tennessee’s cause, for sure. But I also don’t know that it will ultimately steer Horton toward the Vols.

For what it’s worth, now that you mention Horton, I’ve seen a lot of confidence from some posters here in regard to Tennessee’s chances, but I think it’s still a real battle between the Vols and Miami. I think the Hurricanes still have a real shot, so there’s no guarantee at all that he ends up at Tennessee. The Vols have some work to do down the stretch, in my opinion, if they’re going to beat out Miami.”
Well I'll be damned

The interview consisted of him telling Gaby he had made a decision and the winning school knows. Recently some of the 247 commitment articles have quotes from recruits in this context "recruit x gave his reasons for picking school x ahead of making his decision public". Like the 247 guys know where the kid is going but are told to hold off from making that public. The let him have his moment stuff. Maybe Gaby is doing the same
Well don't tell Ivins

If TRob continues to recruit at a high level which he does, then Curtis should move to receiver. The kid is dynamic with the ball in his hands.
The moment Feqans I'm moving Curtis. He has big time playmaking ability and in tis offense he will shine. T-Rob will get his guys

Advertisement
The way he moves after the catch at that size reminds me of Brandon Marshall.

@DMoney @gogeta4
That would be amazing. Marshall was an aggressive dude and quick laterally for a big guy.

Truthfully it’s hard for me to get a feel for Horton’s twitch and overall speed. Last time we have is 11.88 from 8th grade. Wish he went to camps or 7on7s against better competition. He seems to have the ball skills from hoops.

That would be amazing, Marshall was an aggressive dude. Truthfully it’s hard for me to get a feel for Horton’s twitch and explosion. Wish he went to camps or 7on7s against better competition.

Can’t tell if serious.

Advertisement
That would be amazing. Marshall was an aggressive dude and quick laterally for a big guy.

Truthfully it’s hard for me to get a feel for Horton’s twitch and overall speed. Last time we have is 11.88 from 8th grade. Wish he went to camps or 7on7s against better competition. He seems to have the ball skills from hoops.

I wanted to see him in 1on1s so I looked it up and all I found was 2018 stuff. He was very raw and I wouldn't put much stock into how he performed at that age.

Is this a new twist on Samson Doyo? I’ve seen a lot of fantastical comparisons lately.
I compared one aspect of his game. You're welcome to look up the film yourself and see what I see. You just don't see 6'3 guys with that frame make seamless lateral cuts without losing speed and momentum. And he plays S like Marshall used to.

It's 1 trait and doesn't guarantee anything. Keep in mind Marshall did very little for 3 years at UCF. Development is not a given. But carry on with mocking others for having knowledge that escapes you.

Advertisement
Back