Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

I like Horton but I don't think there's a consensus
I mean you say that but Tennessee would have him sponsored by a local McDonald's if they could. Florida may not have him as a take but yiud have to think they modt likely would take him later and are you sure he isn't really interested in us? We've been his only OV

Advertisement
I just gave that a read, too. They seem to be relying on the 247 interview Horton gave after he returned at the end of June for some BBQ.
He brought his mother with him to that visit. She didn't go with him the first time he visited at the beginning of June.

Horton said Heupel and Burns told him during his latest visit to Knoxville “how much of a priority I am” and “how they want me to get down to UT and change the program around.”

The visit convinced Horton that the Vols are moving in the right direction under Heupel,

“They have great things in store, especially for the offense,” Horton said earlier this month. “It’s an (uptempo) offense. Their tempo is very different. I’d say it was more so the players that caught my attention more than the coaches, because I enjoyed being with the coaches. But I was more so with the players, so I think that’s how they wanted me to play it out — hear it more from the players than from the coaches.”

Earlier this month, he said there was at least a chance he would take official visits to a few schools this fall before picking a school because he didn't "know if I'll be done with all my visits this summer." But he said he "should be committed by, like, end of July" if he's able to take the visits he wants "and everything falls in place."

IDK - I think it could be Tennessee after reading more. Would be a nice surprise if he picks the Canes
Yeah idk. Just interesting for the OOS recruit to give a Miami site the scoop that he made his decision and the winning staff already knows. Could mean nothing.

Yeah idk. Just interesting for the OOS recruit to give a Miami site the scoop that he made his decision and the winning staff already knows. Could mean nothing.
I know. weird recruitment. I have to assume if he does commit to Manny, there won't be any further visits in the fall.

I will be curious to see if UGA asks him to workout for them the last weekend in July. He was going to do that originally but it fell off the plan. Now that they are opening up their board it may happen. If so, he likely won’t announce anything.

Advertisement
seen this story b4...not coming
Might be right but why is this story different from the Rogers one? In-state schools aren’t great. His recruiter has 1st round picks on his resume and no OV to the in state school.

He fits the profile of any SEC area kid that we do get. Hovering around 4-Star status but overlooked as a 2nd tier option

Id be shocked if he committed to the U. It takes a special type of person to play in that heat. He doesn’t strike me as the type...too unassuming.

Advertisement
Staff not expecting him
law and order crazy shit GIF

Advertisement
Yup - the June highs are now being met with the July doldrums. People don't realize/remember how difficult it is to land highly ranked OOS kids. All of them - Jackson, Horton, Agbo, Hood, et al are unlikely.
Landing OOS recruits is hard. That is real. Scenarios matter though. We're going against Arizona State for Jackson who named us in his top 2. Why should we think pulling a kid from Nebraska is easier for Arizona State than it is for Miami? Specifically with the trouble they're in.

Must be Tennessee. They just put up an article about guys that could commit soon. Two other WR are listed. No mention of Horton.
Do you mean must *not be Tennessee per "their" article about WR's neither of which are Horton? Hope that's the case!

Advertisement
Might be right but why is this story different from the Rogers one? In-state schools aren’t great. His recruiter has 1st round picks on his resume and no OV to the in state school.

He fits the profile of any SEC area kid that we do get. Hovering around 4-Star status but overlooked as a 2nd tier option
-Rodgers...the cupboard isnt as full talent wise (thanks rumph). There is a lot of young talent at wr on our roster

- His recruiter has 1st rd picks but they arent southeast guys...these kids likely have no clue who those arizona state guys are.....they know the guys T ROB put in the league.

Its slightly different....and if any of the sec guys want in..he seems like one ready for the take..wasnt uf in the lead?.

-Rodgers...the cupboard isnt as full talent wise (thanks rumph). There is a lot of young talent at wr on our roster

- His recruiter has 1st rd picks but they arent southeast guys...these kids likely have no clue who those arizona state guys are.....they know the guys T ROB put in the league.

Its slightly different....and if any of the sec guys want in..he seems like one ready for the take..wasnt uf in the lead?.
According to the latest 247 article he feels differently about UF now. Whatever that might mean. I just skipped around the 247 podcast trying to find out what they think they know about Tolan which was nothing but Gaby who interviewed Horton thinks he's picking us. Gaby has proven to not know much so TIFWIW.

According to the latest 247 article he feels differently about UF now. Whatever that might mean. I just skipped around the 247 podcast trying to find out what they think they know about Tolan which was nothing but Gaby who interviewed Horton thinks he's picking us. Gaby has proven to not know much so TIFWIW.
Yeah it was not a convincing pick at all and he’s been off a lot lately

Advertisement
Back