Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Says he’s made his decision. Tennessee is my guess. Said he was really excited for the new offense. Bama has a new OC but don’t think he’s a take for them.
where did he say this? was it an interview or he posted it

Advertisement
This has been a weird recruitment because last month it felt like a very small chance he comes but now I don't really see another legit option. UV Tennessee multiple times but has never set an OV and didn't even comment about his visit last week from what I know. UV Bama but no OV set there and if he was a take you'd think he'd set it up immediately and UM 247 is the site reporting this so I mean process of elimination?

This has been a weird recruitment because last month it felt like a very small chance he comes but now I don't really see another legit option. UV Tennessee multiple times but has never set an OV and didn't even comment about his visit last week from what I know. UV Bama but no OV set there and if he was a take you'd think he'd set it up immediately and UM 247 is the site reporting this so I mean process of elimination?
Taking a guaranteed spot for now while shopping himself

where did he say this? was it an interview or he posted it
It's a 247 article by Gaby. I think people are reading too much into the new offense thing. He said he has a great relationship with Likens and Lashlee and he talks to Jacurri weekly. I would bet Miami is selling adding new things to the offense with our first full off-season. With Tennessee he says the new staff and players are trying to get on the same page.

Taking a guaranteed spot for now while shopping himself
I mean does he need to shop himself? Big time schools are coming at him you have to imagine he can absolutely go to one later. Has he done many interviews? Because fo a really good 4⭐ he's hard to get a vibe on

Advertisement
They have quotes over on volnation from his last visit. They pulled it from another site. He enjoys his Vol visits. No one team is ahead. But always leaves Tennessee feeling good. The one thing I picked up on was the Vols don't do all that great at his high school securing talent. Might be their version of STA. They battle big boys for players and don't come out on top nearly as much as they would like.

The other thing is that Tennessee has been running behind other programs and they've been trying to make up ground. Only recently did they consider Miami a threat. It had been all about Florida and whether Alabama would give him the go ahead.

Looks pretty good and would bring some size to our offense. Not a speedster but can go up and get balls. Not as tall but his game kind of reminds of Cager.

Looks pretty good and would bring some size to our offense. Not a speedster but can go up and get balls. Not as tall but his game kind of reminds of Cager.
Agreed. He looks like Cager with hopefully better hands and ball skills.

Advertisement
I'll go ahead and say it. I badly want Horton in this class, and it will be disappointing and worrying if he goes elsewhere. I do believe that he might be one of our silents that Manny mentioned on the radio the other day.

Advertisement
Haven't watched tape on either yet, but whats the consensus here between Gibson and Horton?

I mean does he need to shop himself? Big time schools are coming at him you have to imagine he can absolutely go to one later. Has he done many interviews? Because fo a really good 4⭐ he's hard to get a vibe on
Yeah he is because it’s obvious his 3 Prefered destinations in the SEC aren’t biting…. Tenn, bama and Florida

Advertisement
They have quotes over on volnation from his last visit. They pulled it from another site. He enjoys his Vol visits. No one team is ahead. But always leaves Tennessee feeling good. The one thing I picked up on was the Vols don't do all that great at his high school securing talent. Might be their version of STA. They battle big boys for players and don't come out on top nearly as much as they would like.

The other thing is that Tennessee has been running behind other programs and they've been trying to make up ground. Only recently did they consider Miami a threat. It had been all about Florida and whether Alabama would give him the go ahead.
I just gave that a read, too. They seem to be relying on the 247 interview Horton gave after he returned at the end of June for some BBQ.
He brought his mother with him to that visit. She didn't go with him the first time he visited at the beginning of June.

Horton said Heupel and Burns told him during his latest visit to Knoxville “how much of a priority I am” and “how they want me to get down to UT and change the program around.”

The visit convinced Horton that the Vols are moving in the right direction under Heupel,

“They have great things in store, especially for the offense,” Horton said earlier this month. “It’s an (uptempo) offense. Their tempo is very different. I’d say it was more so the players that caught my attention more than the coaches, because I enjoyed being with the coaches. But I was more so with the players, so I think that’s how they wanted me to play it out — hear it more from the players than from the coaches.”

Earlier this month, he said there was at least a chance he would take official visits to a few schools this fall before picking a school because he didn't "know if I'll be done with all my visits this summer." But he said he "should be committed by, like, end of July" if he's able to take the visits he wants "and everything falls in place."

IDK - I think it could be Tennessee after reading more. Would be a nice surprise if he picks the Canes

Advertisement
Back