Is this the new norm

Do these “7 figures” include the cents? JFC if these guys at Bama and OSU are getting their QBs hundreds of thousands before doing a **** thing.

Advertisement
I mean, you basically go to school so you can get more money anyways. The problem will be the results of the young people without proper guidance.

Again, it's gonna be hilarious when a highly touted high school QB does this, makes a ton of NIL cash...and then turns out to be the next Ron Powlus or Gunner Kiel.
Or worse.

Blake Barnett, the 5-star QB who lost his job at Bama to Jalen Hurts before halftime of the opening game. Transferred by the end of the month.

Advertisement
What’s the difference from a athlete doing this and super smart kid graduating HS early to start College etc etc..*insert big perk

Perk is the BEST!!! I get to see Perk every night on the Celtics broadcast. He rules! He spits out truth tickets.

Unfortunately in this world you cannot depend on others to find success... you must find it on your own.
Are you serious? Every bit of success you get is because someone else did something for you, whether that's giving you a chance to shine or coaching you or being a good teammate

Advertisement
If Dr. Doogie Howser was able to complete high school in nine weeks, graduate from Princeton University at age 10, and finish medical school four years later to become the youngest licensed doctor in the country at the age of 14 and make that crazy trauma surgeon bank, then I see no problem with this.

Literally stopped reading after seeing “If Dr Doogie Howser.” Lol. Threw my phone on the bed & said pin & or crown this post forever. NIL is for the Doogie Howser’s of sports. Sold.

I mean NIL money to company’s is about ROI… if some of these kids flounder like the Jake heaps and Tate martells I bet these “7figure deals” dry up quick

Europe has been doing this forever. Donicic has been a pro since he was 13. US sports depend too much on the NCAA.
Is time to separate education from athletes that want a professional career.
The European Academy system isnt the solution.

It creates fantastic players, but it also creates maladjusted adults. Also it can **** up the lives of those the system chews up and spits out.

At least the scholarship system in the US allows you to earn a degree to set you up for life - if you're wise enough to take that opportunity.

Advertisement
It is that or a new Duck Dynasty series will emerge.
C97B79A6-D6BC-4349-9B54-5FE9E595D169.gif

CA6F2782-D5A4-433E-B13F-7CDA1717357A.gif
C8C3CBA5-7940-4CF9-BB36-EDBD33051E5C.gif
A21E100C-58F7-4DFB-A13A-CEBC68E52CFB.gif

Why is it ok to take a huge promotion at your job and leave everyone you’ve worked with as a “team” and move to upper management but if you do the same thing in sports, you’re somehow a lesser person? I’m curious how many people who have a problem with this kid taking the deal would turn down an opportunity at work to make a ton more money because they don’t want to leave the rest of the guys in their department behind. Whether people want to believe it or not, high level athletics is a job and has been for a long time. If you want to watch players who don’t care about money, I would suggest getting into division 2 or 3 football since none of those guys will ever make anything and play just for the love.

Again, it's gonna be hilarious when a highly touted high school QB does this, makes a ton of NIL cash...and then turns out to be the next Ron Powlus or Gunner Kiel.

You mean like when guys get drafted in the first round of the NFL draft, make millions from their organization and millions more in endorsements, and then turn out like Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf?

Advertisement
Which is definitely going to happen sooner rather than later. But it’s nothing new. Boosters have been dropping bags for kids who bust for years. It hasn’t stopped them from spending tons of money on high school kids who haven’t played a down of college football. I’ve said all along that the NIL doesn’t really affect the super high end, 5 star kids. They were getting that money anyway. Now they can just be public about it and pay taxes.

Advertisement
Back