is Tate still on the team? possible he could start the bowl game?

Advertisement

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 11.51.37 AM.png

Manny wanted to change the culture right? Guess what tell Tate your better off some where else. I wanted to at least see Tate play QB but it will never happen. So letting Tate go would do two things. One change the (head case) culture and two we would then know if Tate would prove us right or wrong.

To be fair, I don’t think anyone is suggesting that there was a coaching conspiracy to keep Tate from being QB1. Coaching incompetency, maybe, but not conspiracy.
Patently untrue. The narrative was pushed on here for months and months that Lo was healthy, ready to play, would make our team better if on the field, yet the coaches simply refused to play him. Conspiracy. I asked point blank on both of those long *** threads for those suggesting that (and there were a lot of them) to give me one reason that holds water as to why the coaches would do that assuming all of those statements above are true. One reason that isnt "our corches suck". And no one did. Of course they didnt, because it makes zero sense to anyone with a rational brain and/or without some narrative they're trying to score a point on. Now that same kinda shtick is being pushed re tate.

What are you suggesting? The kid absolutely lit it up in camp, was clearly our best option at qb, but the coaches are so incompetent they were unable to see that even though they were the ones watching practice every day?!? Cmon man.

Again, if your point is that tate thought he was coming to a vastly different scheme than he ultimately did and he didnt fit in ours at all and that's what's meant by "never had a chance". Ok, I'll agree with that. But it's absolutely absurd to push a narrative that tate martell was not given a chance to play QB at miami. Revisionist history bullsh-t is all that is.

Advertisement
LOL! It's this kind of absurdity I take issue with. Tate will be 45 years old bagging groceries and some of you will still be beating the drum about his natural leadership, winning intangibles and how he has heart of a lion. Give it a rest.

You're Delusional, only reason he hasn't been our starter yet is bc of our incompetent coaches. Once again... Kid has never lost a game, we lose to FIU with coaches picks of QB1 and QB2. Mind Blown...

You're Delusional, only reason he hasn't been our starter yet is bc of our incompetent coaches. Once again... Kid has never lost a game, we lose to FIU with coaches picks of QB1 and QB2. Mind Blown...

He’d need a **** of an arm to complete passes from New York.

You're right, I relent. If Tate Martell had been given the starting nod coming out of camp, this 2019 Miami Hurricane team would have gone 11-1 and made the playoffs.

Advertisement
What are you suggesting? The kid absolutely lit it up in camp, was clearly our best option at qb, but the coaches are so incompetent they were unable to see that even though they were the ones watching practice every day?!? Cmon man.

You’re right, there has been a lot of conspiracy talk about Lingard on here. But this thread isn’t about Lingard. It’s about the QB position.

The issue is that the coaches don’t get a pass for competency when it comes to the QB position. It’s been a revolving door disaster all season with the exception of about two games. So it’s not like we’re here at the end of the season looking back and saying, “Wow! The coaching staff really knew what it was doing! Can you imagine if they would’ve gone with Martell at QB?! What a disaster that would’ve been compared to how things turned out!”

You’re right, there has been a lot of conspiracy talk about Lingard on here. But this thread isn’t about Lingard. It’s about the QB position.

The issue is that the coaches don’t get a pass for competency when it comes to the QB position. It’s been a revolving door disaster all season with the exception of about two games. So it’s not like we’re here at the end of the season looking back and saying, “Wow! The coaching staff really knew what it was doing! Can you imagine if they would’ve gone with Martell at QB?! What a disaster that would’ve been compared to how things turned out!”
His ability to avoid pressure and to run alone would've made a huge difference. Now imagine an offense designed for him with quick, short passes and zone read/rpo.

Advertisement

Correct, instead we're sitting here saying "how ******* garbage must have Martell been to get beat out by jarren and Kosi all season long?"

I had zero expectation of Tate Martell when he signed here. I saw nothing from his game film against Rutgers that led me to believe he was a starting QB at a power 5 school. I quietly felt that Williams was the best of the bunch and that was proven out during the season.

That said, I would absolutely love to see Tate Martell get the start in the bowl game. I think it would be a good PR move and provide an element of balance to the QB competition next spring. And I think it would sort of energize Canes fans for this useless ********* bowl game.

Correct, instead we're sitting here saying "how ******* garbage must have Martell been to get beat out by jarren and Kosi all season long?"

Who would u consider to be hotter garbage ... our coaching staff or Tate Martell?

Only garbage I see is a 6-6 coaching staff that brought in a 5 star QB to never see the field bc they didn't want to adapt to his talents.

Advertisement
Man, I was so geeked that day when his waiver news broke I went and laid fifty bucks on us to win the natty. Lol not that I actually thought we would win a natty, but I beer-bonged the tate martell koolaid so hard I thought 100x1 was a good investment.

Jesus christ that's awful to admit. Smh

Ahahahah. It takes a real man of introspection to admit that. Well done. I have to say, I honestly thought with the whole waiver thing that this guy was really really good and was the answer at QB..... I guess we should have realized that if Ohio St was willing to let him go, something was up.

And don't worry you'll win that $50 back. You prob have already.

Who would u consider to be hotter garbage ... our coaching staff or Tate Martell?

Only garbage I see is a 6-6 coaching staff that brought in a 5 star QB to never see the field bc they didn't want to adapt to his talents.
There's absolutely validity to the position that our staff did not deploy a system that would properly use Tate Martell's talents. I agree with you on that. Where you and I disagree is our opinions (and that's all they are) as to why our staff didn't embrace Tate Martell as our QB1. You seem to be of the opinion that it was solely because our coaches are incompetent. While I too have a lot of grievances with our staff, I believe the reason they didn't ultimately play Tate is because as they watched him practice day in and day out they came to the realization that he simply isn't a good quarterback.

There's absolutely validity to the position that our staff did not deploy a system that would properly use Tate Martell's talents. I agree with you on that. Where you and I disagree is our opinions (and that's all they are) as to why our staff didn't embrace Tate Martell as our QB1. You seem to be of the opinion that it was solely because our coaches are incompetent. While I too have a lot of grievances with our staff, I believe the reason they didn't ultimately play Tate is because as they watched him practice day in and day out they came to the realization that he simply isn't a good quarterback.
And that again, requires you to believe that their interpretation of what a good QB is, is correct.

Advertisement
Back