is Tate still on the team? possible he could start the bowl game?

But if that was his mindset (and by no means do we know that was the case) then he's a ******* loser type and I don't want him on our football team.

But you want Jarren instead? Just because he doesn't have a hottie to go to NY with doesn't mean he didn't have his bags packed after the bowl last year. These guys have egos and want to play.

Advertisement
if he starts in the bowl game it is just further evidence of this staff's incompetence. And this doesn't speak to Tate's abilities. Right now he doesn't seem very committed to the team or to football. He needs to get his priorities straight first.

I don't think anyone would be committed to a team or football when you're in his position. 5 Star Recruit, never lost a game in HS, brought in to possibly start... Then he falls 3rd string to a guy who is a turnover machine, and a guy who takes 20 yard sacks. He hasn't even been given a chance... I'd be checked out too. Time to enjoy the Miami life till the coaches take you serious.

My secret sauces say that Tate is a surprise candidate for: HC, OC, DC, AD, BOT. He's going to get one, several, or all these positions.

But you want Jarren instead? Just because he doesn't have a hottie to go to NY with doesn't mean he didn't have his bags packed after the bowl last year. These guys have egos and want to play.
We're not talking about last year though, we're talking about right now.

Advertisement
I don't think anyone would be committed to a team or football when you're in his position. 5 Star Recruit, never lost a game in HS, brought in to possibly start... Then he falls 3rd string to a guy who is a turnover machine, and a guy who takes 20 yard sacks. He hasn't even been given a chance... I'd be checked out too. Time to enjoy the Miami life till the coaches take you serious.

Exactly. There is no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't be given a chance to start. These guys can't beat Duke or FIU and we expect them to beat La Tech?

You do realize not being put in to play in an actual game at QB and "never given a chance at QB" are not one and the same, right? We obviously didn't grab a former 5-star QB recruit off the portal with the game plan of not playing him. In fact, everything else equal, I'd argue Tate had the edge in that competition out of the gates for that exact reason. Yet he not only doesn't win the job, he gets beat out by both Jarren and Kosi. Chew on that for a minute. But he "never had a chance", right? Stop with that BS narrative. Tate had plenty of chances, and he got beat out. Period.

We're not talking about last year though, we're talking about right now.

So Jarren was "a ******* loser type" that you didn't want on the team last year, but now you're cool with him because he's starting and not flipping his crib over anymore? This is called negative reinforcement. It's why babies, like Jarren, cry all the time. I cOuLd HaVe pRepAreD mORe foR FIU

Advertisement
You do realize not being put in to play in an actual game at QB and "never given a chance at QB" are not one and the same, right? We obviously didn't grab a former 5-star QB recruit off the portal with the game plan of not playing him. In fact, everything else equal, I'd argue Tate had the edge in that competition out of the gates for that exact reason. Yet he not only doesn't win the job, he gets beat out by both Jarren and Kosi. Chew on that for a minute. But he "never had a chance", right? Stop with that BS narrative. Tate had plenty of chances, and he got beat out. Period.
Do you honestly trust our coaches evaluations? Do you trust our offense is the right scheme?

1575996103854.png

**** I sure am relieved he got that transfer waiver. Thank god
Man, I was so geeked that day when his waiver news broke I went and laid fifty bucks on us to win the natty. Lol not that I actually thought we would win a natty, but I beer-bonged the tate martell koolaid so hard I thought 100x1 was a good investment.

Jesus christ that's awful to admit. Smh

So Jarren was "a ******* loser type" that you didn't want on the team last year, but now you're cool with him because he's starting and not flipping his crib over anymore? This is called negative reinforcement. It's why babies, like Jarren, cry all the time. I cOuLd HaVe pRepAreD mORe foR FIU
Yes, I 100% thought Jarren was a loser type for a long long time.

Advertisement
Jarren has done the same this year but he gets a pass

You do realize not being put in to play in an actual game at QB and "never given a chance at QB" are not one and the same, right? We obviously didn't grab a former 5-star QB recruit off the portal with the game plan of not playing him. In fact, everything else equal, I'd argue Tate had the edge in that competition out of the gates for that exact reason. Yet he not only doesn't win the job, he gets beat out by both Jarren and Kosi. Chew on that for a minute. Yet he never had a chance", right? Stop with that BS narrative. Tate had plenty of chances, and he got beat out. Period.

Disagree... Dude knows how to win, his track record shows it. I don't care if he throws ducks and is 5'9". Winning is Winning... He is a gamer hence never given a chance.

Do you honestly trust our coaches evaluations? Do you trust our offense is the right scheme?
Scheme? No, it's a dreadful fit for tate martell. So if by "never was given a chance" you meant he thought he was coming to a different scheme than he ultimately did, ok, I get that. But I hate this ridiculous narrative that's so frequently pushed around here that kids aren't given a chance to play by the coaches. That's absolute nonsense, particularly when it comes to tate martell. Tate was given plenty of chances to play at both schools he was at. And at both schools he competed, lost and road the pine. No, I dont think the coaches all had some deep state conspiracy to keep tate martell off the field. I personally think he simply is an athletic kid but not a good QB.

But I know, I know, that Rutgers tape proves I can't possibly be correct about that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
But if that was his mindset (and by no means do we know that was the case) then he's a ******* loser type and I don't want him on our football team.
Did you feel the same about Jarren when he put on weight and considered transferring?

No, I dont think the coaches all had some deep state conspiracy to keep tate martell off the field. I personally think he simply is an athletic kid but not a good QB. But I know, I know, that Rutgers tape proves I can't possibly be correct about that.

To be fair, I don’t think anyone is suggesting that there was a coaching conspiracy to keep Tate from being QB1. Coaching incompetency, maybe, but not conspiracy.

Disagree... Dude knows how to win, his track record shows it. I don't care if he throws ducks and is 5'9". Winning is Winning... He is a gamer hence never given a chance.
LOL! It's this kind of absurdity I take issue with. Tate will be 45 years old bagging groceries and some of you will still be beating the drum about his natural leadership, winning intangibles and how he has heart of a lion. Give it a rest.

Scheme? No, it's a dreadful fit for tate martell. So if by "never was given a chance" you meant he thought he was coming to a different scheme than he ultimately did, ok, I get that. But I hate this ridiculous narrative that's so frequently pushed around here that kids aren't given a chance to play by the coaches. That's absolute nonsense, particularly when it comes to tate martell. Tate was given plenty of chances to play at both schools he was at. And at both schools he competed, lost and road the pine. No, I dont think the coaches all had some deep state conspiracy to keep tate martell off the field. I personally think he simply is an athletic kid but not a good QB. But I know, I know, that Rutgers tape proves I can't possibly be correct about that.
I see a kid who lit it up in the right offense at both places and came here with a staff that not only ran a horrible scheme (so much so it doesn't make sense they recruited him) and have demonstrated with numerous players that they don't play the best players or adapt to their strengths. It's not about a deep state conspiracy.

Advertisement
Back