is Tate still on the team? possible he could start the bowl game?

I do not share any part of your take here.

Recruiting him was absolutely the right thing to do. He was a 5 star QB recruit two years prior and we had no established QB on the roster.

I understand the frustration with Martell taking a mental health leave of absence but I see it as a point of maturity for our staff. Tate Martell's walk though life has been notably different from others. The kid was a TV celebrity throughout high school. His college career has not kept up with his existing level of celebrity and the kid seems to be struggling with it. Thats gotta be tough. What page of the patenting handbook has the lesson on how to help your kid deal with that?

Again, if he's in camp for the bowl, I'd love to see him start the bowl game and maybe get the entire first half. Then let Williams and Perry split the second half. I take the opinion that this is a bull**** bowl game what Miami should sort of "clown" with a little bit. It would be a good way for Manny to show that this bowl is below the standards of #TNM so they treated it like a fun game.
Starting the entire half? That’s rewarding someone who has been checked out since game1. And completely checked out now. Fans have been advocating for him to play more than he has. He shouldn’t be rewarded for his actions this year. I don’t know about Jarren. I hear fans say that he was in a similar situation but I don’t if it’s true. However, I do know that Jarren didn’t play at all last year. Once he apparently “focuses” in on football the coaches took him serious. I think if Tate is serious about football come back during the spring and ball out. However to let him start just to start? That’s ridiculous. The kid isn’t with the team. No one is mentioning this at all. Tate doesn’t deserve to play let alone start this bowl game if he isn’t practicing with the team.

I mean we complain about a complacency issue but rewarding Tate is exactly that. He hasn’t earned the right to start this year. We first need to make sure the young is receiving the support he needs to overcome whatever he’s dealing with.

And one more thing. Why are we acting as if Tate is the only former 4 or 5 star to not play here? I mean Jason Geathers back in the day (found way to contribute), Kevin Olsen, Ian Symonette, etc is a few names. Geathers did find a way to help us win back in the days though. I really don’t understand the Tate fanfare.

Advertisement
Starting the entire half? That’s rewarding someone who has been checked out since game1. And completely checked out now. Fans have been advocating for him to play more than he has. He shouldn’t be rewarded for his actions this year. I don’t know about Jarren. I hear fans say that he was in a similar situation but I don’t if it’s true. However, I do know that Jarren didn’t play at all last year. Once he apparently “focuses” in on football the coaches took him serious. I think if Tate is serious about football come back during the spring and ball out. However to let him start just to start? That’s ridiculous. The kid isn’t with the team. No one is mentioning this at all. Tate doesn’t deserve to play let alone start this bowl game if he isn’t practicing with the team.

I mean we complain about a complacency issue but rewarding Tate is exactly that. He hasn’t earned the right to start this year. We first need to make sure the young is receiving the support he needs to overcome whatever he’s dealing with.

And one more thing. Why are we acting as if Tate is the only former 4 or 5 star to not play here? I mean Jason Geathers back in the day (found way to contribute), Kevin Olsen, Ian Symonette, etc is a few names. Geathers did find a way to help us win back in the days though. I really don’t understand the Tate fanfare.

I completely understand your stance. You are espousing the "common sense take" on the issue.

Im simply positing a different approach that I think would be well received by Canes fans and the media in general. Something to give a little boost to this god forsaken bowl game. lol. Just give all 3 QBs some guaranteed reps.

I had zero expectation of Tate Martell when he signed here. I saw nothing from his game film against Rutgers that led me to believe he was a starting QB at a power 5 school. I quietly felt that Williams was the best of the bunch and that was proven out during the season.

Like being the skinniest girl at a FAT party
you must be a pro style bro

funny thing Williams would've been the same if he didn't get the nod, that's the problem here

Advertisement
Can we just see what tate will do vs another team? I mean i get it he sucks but i mean crap we went 6-6 so he can’t be that bad compared to perry and JW... and it’s LA tech not UF lol let that boy spin it for a few drives at the minimum.

For once just start the best players available.those who are physically and mentally ready not some Prince charming who's worried about he looks.

Advertisement
**** Tater Tot. We need a QB who gives a **** about the team. Not about the first whiff of good ***** that he got in his life.

Advertisement
The kid has taken two leaves of absence over the past month—for what looks to be nothing more than his head being so far up his IG girlfriend's culo, to the point where he's on the outs with his own family and they're saying he's losing interest in football (and everything else) as a result of all things Kiki Passo—yet our fans still want to anoint the guy as some second-coming, because of his high school accolades, his "swag" on "Beyond The Lights" and some over played highlight reel of him in garbage time against Rutgers while at Ohio State.

Dude literally asked for "personal time" (for what looks like girlfriend and family drama) and wasn't there for Pitt week back, as well as the FIU and Duke losses—yet fans keep giving the kid a pass and blaming the coaching staff, instead of hime.

The Legend of Tathan Martell continues to grow ... despite him literally doing zero on a football field this year; unable to unseat the inconsistent Jarren Williams and erratic N'Kosi Perry.

Got it. Makes total sense.
No shot ma. It’s insane. Wtf has this guy done to warrant this support? He literally has basically quit twice and people want to hand him the job despite this and despite being beat out by two guys here. It’s crazy

Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, Georgia’s Jake Fromm, OSU’s Justin Fields, LSU’s Joe Burrow, OU’s Jalen Hurts, etc. – Top Tier teams seem to almost always have a QB star with talent, smarts, field presence, leadership, speed, accuracy, and a high allotment of whatever makes great ones great. A Field Marshal QB’s output can overcome a porous defense and probably a sub-par OL. Maybe even a ho-hum coaching staff.

How long since we could claim such an asset here in Miami? I thought (well, hoped) Tate would be that guy; what a painful long year it’s been for that hope. The nit-pick arguing over Kosi versus Jarren… c’mon, neither one has even come close to being such a well-rounded answer. Maybe we could donate for a huUuge bag or something. Y’all fine to worry about HC, OC, AD, culture, whatever. I’m way past ready man to get that “we’re QBaack” guy on our team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back