Is Omar Kelley Right?

Too late to try to stop the tidal wave. LULZ at the shytface idea of the fans trying to rally together behind Folden to dupe a bunch of 17 year old kids into making a horrible decision to play for this trashcan program and this inferior feeble HC.

Fck Omar.
Fck Folden.
Fck UM.
And fck OP.

Advertisement
OP is another one of those above-the-fray, holier than thou posters.

I.e. he is part of the problem

I go back and forth on the opinion that Omar Kelly is talking about. The better Al does in recruiting this year the better the program will be once he's gone. That said, there is simply too much negative energy within the program for the fans to matter IMO. The dozen kids who've already recommitted, the dozen kids who are looking to transfer, the coaching staff's inability to put its defense in a position to win, etc... Im just not sure what the fans can do that golden hasn't already done to himself.

Even if we wanted to declare a "cease fire" and turn the spigot off, it simply is not possible. There is no such thing as a group think off switch. We have past the point of there being a critical mass of opinion, and there really isn't any going back.
At the time I enjoyed the banners, basketball stuff and talk of billboards as much as the next guy, but those very public things could really hurt. Especially if picked up by the general public. I know its hard to curtail the comments on the boards, but the more reasonable among us can at least try. There will always be those who just don't get it. Those that can't see the big picture. Yeah, we can say "its too late, oh well" or we can at least try. What is done is done. But as for myself, I will let coach Golden try to earn those extra years on his contract by pulling a rabbit out his hat with this recruiting class. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Until mid-Feb.
What a pompous prick

Too late to try to stop the tidal wave. LULZ at the shytface idea of the fans trying to rally together behind Folden to dupe a bunch of 17 year old kids into making a horrible decision to play for this trashcan program and this inferior feeble HC.

Fck Omar.
Fck Folden.
Fck UM.
And fck OP.

All this

I go back and forth on the opinion that Omar Kelly is talking about. The better Al does in recruiting this year the better the program will be once he's gone. That said, there is simply too much negative energy within the program for the fans to matter IMO. The dozen kids who've already recommitted, the dozen kids who are looking to transfer, the coaching staff's inability to put its defense in a position to win, etc... Im just not sure what the fans can do that golden hasn't already done to himself.

Even if we wanted to declare a "cease fire" and turn the spigot off, it simply is not possible. There is no such thing as a group think off switch. We have past the point of there being a critical mass of opinion, and there really isn't any going back.
At the time I enjoyed the banners, basketball stuff and talk of billboards as much as the next guy, but those very public things could really hurt. Especially if picked up by the general public. I know its hard to curtail the comments on the boards, but the more reasonable among us can at least try. There will always be those who just don't get it. Those that can't see the big picture. Yeah, we can say "its too late, oh well" or we can at least try. What is done is done. But as for myself, I will let coach Golden try to earn those extra years on his contract by pulling a rabbit out his hat with this recruiting class. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Until mid-Feb.
What a pompous prick
It isn't about being "holier than thou," it IS about NOT being an over-emotional teenage girl on the rag when it comes to matters of importance. The future of the U is important to me and Butch........oops, I mean coach Golden.

at least until mid-Feb.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Golden backdoors his way into a top 15 class and wins 2 more bs games next year I could see the bot/admin spin it into giving him another year.

Until mid-Feb.
What a pompous prick
It isn't about being "holier than thou," it IS about NOT being an over-emotional teenage girl on the rag when it comes to matters of importance. The future of the U is important to me and Butch........oops, I mean coach Golden.

at least until mid-Feb.
Not that your OP didn't make this evident, but you are really one of the dullest people on here if you really believe that fans make the difference between getting recruits and not getting recruits at this point. Seriously, I feel bad for someone as imbecilic as yourself.

Omar's absolutely wrong on this. This recruiting class is already going to be a dumpster fire...at this point the worse the better. It will do nothing but add more negativity to the situation.

I want absolutely nothing positive to happen to this program until the dumb ***** making decisions finally announce he's gone.

Mind you...Omar's done nothing but rip Golden the last 6 months so I have no idea why he's taking this stance now.

Omar's absolutely wrong on this. This recruiting class is already going to be a dumpster fire...at this point the worse the better. It will do nothing but add more negativity to the situation.

I want absolutely nothing positive to happen to this program until the dumb ****s making decisions finally announce he's gone.

Mind you...Omar's done nothing but rip Golden the last 6 months so I have no idea why he's taking this stance now.
Because there was a chance that a change might be made. That ship has sailed. Now its salvage the class.

Until mid-Feb.

Advertisement
Omar sucks. Same guy who bashes Golden and then says fans should be nice to him.

If Miami, after winning six games in year four has no problem giving double middle fingers to the fans outside the Hecht with torches and and pitchforks, how worse do you think they'd let things get if every decision was met with rapturous applause and approval? These are people who up until THIS YEAR had no idea there was any fan discontent.

These people are isolated, insulated, from and oblivious to criticism. Shalala and Co. don't listen to talk radio. They don't read message boards. The newspapers publish information by authors whose access is dependent on toeing the company line. They're surrounded by yes-men and "fans" like Cutler Ridge Laz and the rest of the #CanesFart enablers who would be happy to toss Blake James' salad behind a dumpster at The Light if they thought it would get them a parking pass and a mention from Al Golden on Twitter.

That's why the criticism and complaints have to be constant, consistent, and complete overkill. Because 99% of it won't get through. 1% of 1000 complaints can be easily ignored. It's a lot harder to ignore 1% of 1,000,000.

Last edited:

I want absolutely nothing positive to happen to this program until the dumb ****s making decisions finally announce he's gone.

Because there was a chance that a change might be made. That ship has sailed. Now its salvage the class.

Until mid-Feb.

There's always a chance....this is a uniquely toxic situation. I've said it many times and I don't know how it's gonna go down...but I'd STILL be shocked if that fat *** is holding a clipboard on our sideline game 1 of next year.

Cause if he is...put a fork in this program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No. 6-7 is what is hurting recruiting. He is an idiot.

The record is hurting recruiting, no doubt. But why would you want to ad fuel to the fire and make it harder on the next coach to bring the program back?
Short sightedness at its finest. Typical irrational fans.

Agree with DMoney 100%

Last edited:
I mean I think tweeting 17-18 year old kids is pathetic good or bad but....

laugh at this being the reason the class sucks. 6-7, playing a boring style of football is the reason the class sucks.

I have mixed feelings.

If the BOT would fire Golden and get, say, Butch, this wouldn't be a discussion.

On one hand, I want Golden to suffer no joy. No success. The worse he comes across, the faster he's gone.

On the other hand, we've pretty much lost the bulk of the decent local talent, so we also need to get someone like Butch something to work with.

How I hate this dumbass Admin and the BOT.

A greater concentration of dumbasses in one endeavor cannot be found this side of ISIS.

Last edited:
laugh at this being the reason the class sucks. 6-7, playing a boring style of football is the reason the class sucks.

Of course it's not the reason the class sucks. The class sucks because the product sucks.

But why help other schools recruit our prospects? These are the guys who are going to be playing against our next coach. All you're doing is giving Blake James a reason to say "Jordan Scarlett decommitted because UM fans told him he was walking into a dumpster fire." He's already used that excuse for other recruits we've lost.

I hope Golden pulls miracles from here to the first week of February. We already know what's going to happen once the games start.

Advertisement
Back