Is Omar Kelley Right?

Yeah. They've got it completely *** backward. They're the ones trying to hoodwink kids into wasting their valuable careers playing for Folden.

Chise, I love ya, but where was this outpouring of empathy when Cook and Sony went elsewhere?

We all have the same priority: ring number six. Nobody wants a four-year rebuild. Golden's on-field product will get him fired, not recruiting rankings. And if that's still not enough? Well, then we're all screwed anyway.

I want Golden gone yesterday, but I don't want another 4 years of rebuilding by the next coach. Like DMoney said, AG incompetence is what will get him fired, not poor recruiting classes. If he is as incompetent as we all think he is, having a good 2015 recruiting class will not save his **s. He won't know what to do even if handed the best high school talent in the country! We all know that. Why then make it so hard on the next coach to win for us?

Again, how can anyone have any confidence in this? It's not like the jury's still out. It's not like anyone responsible for keeping him here in the UM administration has a single football reason to justify their program-ruining decision. They do not care about his incompetence. They do not care about how toxic this situation has become, or that it's only going to deteriorate further due to Golden's continued presence here.

Keeping Golden for 2015 makes this a multi-year rebuild by default. Period. This recruiting class will end up ranked no higher than in the 30s regardless of how much complaining takes place on CIS, the WEZ, social media, etc.

Advertisement
Omar is consistently inconsistent.

I'm going to repeat what I said earlier...those of you worrying about recruiting right now are the equivalent of a terminally ill person worrying about a deadline that needs to be met at work.

Worry about what matters...we need Golden gone at all costs...and BEFORE next season starts or else it could set us back 3 or more years.
I worry about winning soon. AG is gone. he is a dead man walking. But I want the next coach to win right away. I want him to have something to work with.

Yeah. They've got it completely *** backward. They're the ones trying to hoodwink kids into wasting their valuable careers playing for Folden.

Chise, I love ya, but where was this outpouring of empathy when Cook and Sony went elsewhere?

We all have the same priority: ring number six. Nobody wants a four-year rebuild. Golden's on-field product will get him fired, not recruiting rankings. And if that's still not enough? Well, then we're all screwed anyway.

I want Golden gone yesterday, but I don't want another 4 years of rebuilding by the next coach. Like DMoney said, AG incompetence is what will get him fired, not poor recruiting classes. If he is as incompetent as we all think he is, having a good 2015 recruiting class will not save his **s. He won't know what to do even if handed the best high school talent in the country! We all know that. Why then make it so hard on the next coach to win for us?

Again, how can anyone have any confidence in this? It's not like the jury's still out. It's not like anyone responsible for keeping him here in the UM administration has a single football reason to justify their program-ruining decision. They do not care about his incompetence. They do not care about how toxic this situation has become, or that it's only going to deteriorate further due to Golden's continued presence here.

Keeping Golden for 2015 makes this a multi-year rebuild by default. Period. This recruiting class will end up ranked no higher than in the 30s regardless of how much complaining takes place on CIS, the WEZ, social media, etc.
Coaches are judged by wins and losses not be their recruiting success. Do you think the BOT follow recruiting ranking or care about it? Do you think after signing day, the BOT will see a horrible recruiting class and then reconsider their stance vis-a-vis firing Golden? Is that what you are trying to achieve?

Coaches are judged by wins and losses not be their recruiting success. Do you think the BOT follow recruiting ranking or care about it? Do you think after signing day, the BOT will see a horrible recruiting class and then reconsider their stance vis-a-vis firing Golden? Is that what you are trying to achieve?

I don't know how on earth you felt the need to ask those questions based on either of my responses in this thread. The answer to your series of questions is obviously no and at no point did I argue otherwise.

My point is that if Golden was judged by wins and losses, he would've been fired within an hour after the Pitt game. Period. It's clear from this administration inaction that they don't care. Not about wins and losses, not about recruiting, not anything except for collecting their ACC revenue.

Yes.

To repeat what I said in another thread, tweeting recruits not to come to Miami is dumb as ****. The next coach needs talent. If he doesn't have it, you are looking at a four-year rebuild and a built-in excuse.

Speaking of excuses, all you're doing is giving the administration a reason for our recruiting failures. "Golden didn't lose that kid. The kid chose to go elsewhere because of the negativity of the fanbase." This bull**** is already being spewed, by the way.

We need all the good players we can get. Rip Golden all you want on the football board, but these "messages" to recruits to go elsewhere will be deleted. Use your brains.

We're still beating this drum? Good Lord this is pathetic. So not the product on the field or the apathy of the administration is to blame. it's What The **** applauding a kid for making the right decision that's to blame.

Unbelievable. Stranger than fiction.

Advertisement
I agree with D$ view.

Take your anger out on the school and athletic department. Not on the kids, you're just hurting our team.

I still want our team to get the most talent as possible at the end of the day.

I don't understand this post.

Those that have the same view I do (hope we fail miserably at recruiting) aren't taking it out on the kids...quite the opposite. I'm stating it's in ANY kids best interest NOT to be involved with this program right now. It's a dumpster fire.

Kids only get 4 years max of on-the-field eligibility. The good ones only stay 3. You're asking a kid sacrifice 25% to 33% of their college careers in return for "hoping" the administration fires a coach that SHOULD have been fired last year, NEXT year.

Asinine. I think you guys need to re-think your stance.
It seems pretty clear coach Golden is on his last leg. Either he rights the ship or he is gone. Their career won't be wasted.

It's clear based on what? The fact that he's still employed despite a 6-7 record in year 4 and unprecedented toxicity within the program?

laugh at this being the reason the class sucks. 6-7, playing a boring style of football is the reason the class sucks.

Of course it's not the reason the class sucks. The class sucks because the product sucks.

But why help other schools recruit our prospects? These are the guys who are going to be playing against our next coach. All you're doing is giving Blake James a reason to say "Jordan Scarlett decommitted because UM fans told him he was walking into a dumpster fire." He's already used that excuse for other recruits we've lost.

I hope Golden pulls miracles from here to the first week of February. We already know what's going to happen once the games start.
Blake James will make excuses regardless of what happens to defend golden. He excused this season and actually said we are heading in the right direction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back