Is Omar Kelley Right?

We can stay as quiet as we want. The reality is that Golden's job security is the new "cloud." You don't think every coach recruiting a kid that we're recruiting is not going to hear that Golden won't be here after next season?

Advertisement
I agree with D$ view.

Take your anger out on the school and athletic department. Not on the kids, you're just hurting our team.

I still want our team to get the most talent as possible at the end of the day.

I don't understand this post.

Those that have the same view I do (hope we fail miserably at recruiting) aren't taking it out on the kids...quite the opposite. I'm stating it's in ANY kids best interest NOT to be involved with this program right now. It's a dumpster fire.

Kids only get 4 years max of on-the-field eligibility. The good ones only stay 3. You're asking a kid sacrifice 25% to 33% of their college careers in return for "hoping" the administration fires a coach that SHOULD have been fired last year, NEXT year.

Asinine. I think you guys need to re-think your stance.

No. Golden is the " dumpster fire". That doesn't mean the program has to suffer In the future. Still need good players so the new guy can come in, take the talent at hand and add to it and make something out of this.

Golden will do himself in. His incompetence will do him in regardless of what players are on the roster. He's that bad.

They could fire him and bring in the new guy RIGHT NOW. They choose not to...so **** them. Those kids don't deserve to possibly have their college careers wasted.

We need to stop worrying about recruiting and focus all our attention on making life impossible on the administration.

Worrying about recruiting right now is the equivalent of a guy with a terminal illness worrying about a report due at work next week. Focus on what matters for the love of God.

Omar Kelly is an idiot. Every single fanbase in college football that is passionate about their program will endlessly criticize coaches, players, etc. if they suck or lose a big game or whatever. Thing is, it doesn't matter if you're actually competent. Think Alabama lost recruits when fans threatened to kill their kicker? No. Think FSU is going to lose recruits because players' tires got slashed? No. It's because those coaches can actually point to results, and fans will be fans. Those coaches can say "fans just acting crazy, but look at what we actually do" and any kid with an IQ of over 50 will be able to see that.

The reason all these people from UM are so freaked out about fans calling out the coaches out is because they know we're right. Golden can't point to players he's put in the NFL first round. He can't point to ACC championships. He can't point to wins over FSU. He can't point to big ACC wins. He can't point to ****, because he hasn't done ****. He has no credibility. So when the fans call him out, it actually means something. It's an emperor has no clothes situation. And now the message is "don't tell the emperor he has no clothes."

It's your duty as a fan to call out the coaches sucking. The damage done from making the school think that we are content with Al Golden and his band of jersey morons is immeasurable compared to the damage done by calling out a coach for sucking on twitter.

Any and all damage done to this recruiting class is self inflicted by the ******* idiots running our program. Nobody and I mean NOBODY should be coming to their defense now.

I agree with D$ view.

Take your anger out on the school and athletic department. Not on the kids, you're just hurting our team.

Those that have the same view I do (hope we fail miserably at recruiting) aren't taking it out on the kids...quite the opposite. I'm stating it's in ANY kids best interest NOT to be involved with this program right now. It's a dumpster fire.

Kids only get 4 years max of on-the-field eligibility. The good ones only stay 3. You're asking a kid sacrifice 25% to 33% of their college careers in return for "hoping" the administration fires a coach that SHOULD have been fired last year, NEXT year.

No. Golden is the " dumpster fire". That doesn't mean the program has to suffer In the future. Still need good players so the new guy can come in, take the talent at hand and add to it and make something out of this.

Golden will do himself in. His incompetence will do him in regardless of what players are on the roster. He's that bad.

They could fire him and bring in the new guy RIGHT NOW. They choose not to...so **** them. Those kids don't deserve to possibly have their college careers wasted.

We need to stop worrying about recruiting and focus all our attention on making life impossible on the administration.

Worrying about recruiting right now is the equivalent of a guy with a terminal illness worrying about a report due at work next week. Focus on what matters for the love of God.

Recruiting is what matters. The players matter. You don't *** that up for the sake of proving an already known point now. You need the best players possible so the new guy can come in ready to rock.

The chit you're talking about will *** up things now and in the future.

Advertisement
Any and all damage done to this recruiting class is self inflicted by the ****ing idiots running our program. Nobody and I mean NOBODY should be coming to their defense now.

True but also the real damage was done when people were crowing this fool before he did anything. That contract is prolly a big reason why that fool is still here. He's dumb as a football coach but not that dumb when it comes to his contract. 80% or a large number of people supported this now you wanna call recruits? Over the top Imo.

Like I said before golden will do himself in..let that happen..but you need players and the better the players on the roster the faster the new guy can add plus utilize talent already on roster.

Kids in Sofla have their families, coaches, and friends telling them to avoid this sinking ship at all costs. The local community, people in their lives that matter, and their own two eyes are keeping them away.

@KendallCanesBroDalé telling them "Oye Golden sucks" will hardly be what brings this class down or sways recruits.

Golden doesn't need our help when it comes to being a complete embarrassment in the recruiting game.

Kids in Sofla have their families, coaches, and friends telling them to avoid this sinking ship at all costs. The local community, people in their lives that matter, and their own two eyes are keeping them away.

@KendallCanesBroDalé telling them "Oye Golden sucks" will hardly be what brings this class down or sways recruits.

Golden doesn't need our help when it comes to being a complete embarrassment in the recruiting game.

Yup. Golden ******* sucks at recruiting because he has no credibility. He has NOTHING he can sell.

I agree with D$ view.

Yeah. They've got it completely *** backward. They're the ones trying to hoodwink kids into wasting their valuable careers playing for Folden.
It seems pretty clear coach Golden is on his last leg. Either he rights the ship or he is gone. Their career won't be wasted.

LMFAO.

You're talking about the worst administration and set of decision makers in the country. At any respectable program he never would have received that extension and he would have been fired a while ago.

If that piece of worthless **** wins 7 or 8 games next year what's to stop that same set of decision makers from yelling the "improvement" designation and give that ******* more time?

Sorry...you either don't have kids or aren't very intelligent. If that was YOUR kid...no way you let him go to Miami UNTIL the changes are formally announced.

There's no bigger Canes fan on the planet than myself. If my kid was of age right now, and was good enough to be courted by them, I'd take the opportunity to tell Golden face to face what a piece of **** he is and forbid him from talking to my son.

Keep putting your faith in that clueless administration. Sorry...but I've seen enough.
If this admin announces changes right now, are you so sure that it will be for the better. As you say, they are the worst admin. If you really love your kid, by your reasoning, your should w-ait until everything is perfect before you send your kid to UM. Coaches come and go for a number of reasons. Al Golden will eventually go. The University, this community, our tradition is here to stay. Some people want and understand that. Those who look at only the cold hard facts won't need our voices to keep them away. Those with more emotional attachment to the very things we ourselves love might be swayed one way or another by our negativity. And for what? To miss out on being where they want to be in order to avoid a year of hardship(probably a redshirt year anyway). Change is coming. The writing is on the wall for coach Golden. Let's not throw the baby(our future) out with the bath water.

And if coach Golden manages to go say 9-3 with that awful defense he will have, and adds to that awesome 2016 recruiting class, not only should he get more time, he should get coach of the year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
O

There may be some truth to this but the fans need to stay out of this. Even when miami is winning you'd still have this.

Yeah. They've got it completely *** backward. They're the ones trying to hoodwink kids into wasting their valuable careers playing for Folden.
It seems pretty clear coach Golden is on his last leg. Either he rights the ship or he is gone. Their career won't be wasted.

LMFAO.

You're talking about the worst administration and set of decision makers in the country. At any respectable program he never would have received that extension and he would have been fired a while ago.

If that piece of worthless **** wins 7 or 8 games next year what's to stop that same set of decision makers from yelling the "improvement" designation and give that ******* more time?

Sorry...you either don't have kids or aren't very intelligent. If that was YOUR kid...no way you let him go to Miami UNTIL the changes are formally announced.

There's no bigger Canes fan on the planet than myself. If my kid was of age right now, and was good enough to be courted by them, I'd take the opportunity to tell Golden face to face what a piece of **** he is and forbid him from talking to my son.

Keep putting your faith in that clueless administration. Sorry...but I've seen enough.
If this admin announces changes right now, are you so sure that it will be for the better. As you say, they are the worst admin. If you really love your kid, by your reasoning, your should w-ait until everything is perfect before you send your kid to UM. Coaches come and go for a number of reasons. Al Golden will eventually go. The University, this community, our tradition is here to stay. Some people want and understand that. Those who look at only the cold hard facts won't need our voices to keep them away. Those with more emotional attachment to the very things we ourselves love might be swayed one way or another by our negativity. And for what? To miss out on being where they want to be in order to avoid a year of hardship(probably a redshirt year anyway). Change is coming. The writing is on the wall for coach Golden. Let's not throw the baby(our future) out with the bath water.

And if coach Golden manages to go say 9-3 with that awful defense he will have, and adds to that awesome 2016 recruiting class, not only should he get more time, he should get coach of the year.

Cannot believe you mentioned Al Golden, who just coach Miami to one of its worst seasons in 25yrs with coach of the year.... In his words " are you kidding me" 6-7 plays one of the worst Defenses in ALL of football, had up to 10 draft able players on the roster....SMH

Chise, I love ya, but where was this outpouring of empathy when Cook and Sony went elsewhere?

We all have the same priority: ring number six. Nobody wants a four-year rebuild. Golden's on-field product will get him fired, not recruiting rankings. And if that's still not enough? Well, then we're all screwed anyway.

Advertisement

Chise, I love ya, but where was this outpouring of empathy when Cook and Sony went elsewhere?

We all have the same priority: ring number six. Nobody wants a four-year rebuild. Golden's on-field product will get him fired, not recruiting rankings. And if that's still not enough? Well, then we're all screwed anyway.
Oh really?

Oh really?

Yeah, did we all miss the press conference? This ************ just went 6-7, and he is still the coach.

I'm of the mindset that if Golden's not going to get fired after going 6-7 in Year 4, then his performance in future seasons is irrelevant. We'll be awful again next year, but an administration that would be perfectly satisfied with a couple assistants being scapegoated right now would absolutely paint winning 7 games next year as #trendingup.

This dude is teflon. There's no hope. I assume he'll get to stay through the end of his contract in 2020, retire with every penny, and be thrown a grand ceremony for sticking with us through tough times he caused by being the worst coach in the history of the program.

Advertisement
Omar Kelly is a ****faced ****master. Remember when he bashed Golden and Dorito back in January of 2012? He said guys like Miller, Streeter, Forston, and Washington HAD to leave early because he said playing for this coaching staff was detrimental to their chances of having a decent pro career. Now he wants more highschool kids to waste the next year or two playing for a lameduck coach because it's the contrarian point of view. Being a contrarian is all he does and has ever done.

I want Golden gone yesterday, but I don't want another 4 years of rebuilding by the next coach. Like DMoney said, AG incompetence is what will get him fired, not poor recruiting classes. If he is as incompetent as we all think he is, having a good 2015 recruiting class will not save his **s. He won't know what to do even if handed the best high school talent in the country! We all know that. Why then make it so hard on the next coach to win for us?

Omar is consistently inconsistent.

I'm going to repeat what I said earlier...those of you worrying about recruiting right now are the equivalent of a terminally ill person worrying about a deadline that needs to be met at work.

Worry about what matters...we need Golden gone at all costs...and BEFORE next season starts or else it could set us back 3 or more years.

The Ron Zook theory is foolish. Ron Zook wasn't seeking out other jobs while at Florida. He also wasn't testing the nerve of his "superiors" by not making changes to an inept staff. The biggest difference between Ron Zook and Al Golden is Zook actually still wanted to coach at Florida. Al Golden doesn't want to be the Head Coach at Miami. Working miracles for this class? What a load of horse ****. He's doing just enough to appear like he still cares. Now that Shalala is checked out there isn't even anyone to force him to do his end of the season presser. He wouldn't even sacrifice a crappy DB coach for Tim Irvin or any other DB who doesn't like Paul Williams.

The four-year rebuild is horsesh!t too. It is the ACC coastal. A competent staff would've won this thing the last 2 years. A good staff could've won the ACC this year. We do that and recruiting is on fire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back